Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cityscape: Remembering...

Yesterday I was reading through my own archives after I realised that it has been a year since I started blogging actively. Although the blog has been around since April 05, it was only in October last year that I began writing and commenting regularly. This was the time when I had been in Hong Kong for almost a month, and the love affair with the city had just started. When I read this post of 7th October 2005, I couldnt help but publish a bit of it again:

Citiscape - the post

Its 3 in the morning, and the lights are still bright. The taxis are still driving by. The people are still walking. The city is still breathing.

As I wait for dawn... I know - This city never sleeps.


Someone commented the other day that she was surprised by the passion I have for the cities I like. I guess there isnt much else to life if we dont put an effort to like. People. Places. Things. Moments. Many disappoint, but we dont stop liking, do we?

24 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Yeah we don't learn. But then we as a race are amazingly stupid most times. Thankfully.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

And I wouldnt want it any other way :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

I like the fact I am not the only one who goes through my own archives.I like revisiting me some times.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha..it sounds like dubai too

8:05 PM  
Blogger nevermind said...

No. Not really.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to put things in my context even though your blog sucks I still like it ... is this what you are saying exatly?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Oh I do it all the time :)

Godo,
But from what I hear, there is very little public transport in Dubai.

Nevermind,
To hope *raises a glass*

Anonymous,
I have no idea what you mean, and I really couldnt care less.

11:49 PM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Yes...I agree, life is richer when you take a moment to " smell the roses". I am quoting Oprah here.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not as extensive as in spore n HK..but its ok - as of now public transport buses + taxis are too good and the metro is being constructed too.
oh man i jus realised love dubai! :D:D

2:29 AM  
Blogger karuna said...

I love archives, sometimes i wonder if ive written that.
This was so pretty visually...

3:26 AM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

Someone commented the other day that she was surprised by the passion I have for the cities I like.
Quite sure that was me :P although I can't find that comment :o(

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems there WAS a way to comment. duh!

Yanyways, yeah Hong Kong is a city that never sleeps. one of the reasons i liked it so much... :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Orchid,
Wow, Oprah is now quote-worthy eh :)

Godo,
It took you my post to realise you love Dubai? :)

Karuna,
Yes delving into the past is fun sometimes.

Cowlick,
You put that comment when I wrote about 5 favourite things in my cities, a few days back :)

Aparna,
I am the only one not on blogger beta yet?

11:27 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

mmmmm.. a frnd of mine once commented dat abt bombay - though in a more unsavoury way: she pushed her head out of the cab she was struck in a killer traffic jam in, at 3 am or so, and shouted: GO TO SLEEP< F***ING BOMBAY!
;-)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Casa

Loved your post ..have u visited Hyd ever ?? you should ..im sure u'll fall in love with this place too ...

take care ..and keep posting :))
Love
S

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I think about it, you're love for the cities seem almost to inspire me to love cities again.

;;>_>

I just can't take the loud noises, and the smog and the smoking...But then again, there are the beautifully lit up parts and the bustle of people...

Gah ^-^ I guess, the city has its ups and downs

4:35 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

LH,
Traffic jam at 3am?? You've gotta be kidding me!

Appu,
Well I was in Chennai earlier this year, and was walked out of Rhapsody at Courtyard Mariott, promptly at 11pm :(

S,
Have been there and liked it. But to love a place, one needs to spend more than a holiday there. One needs to live there. No?

MC,
You dont like Sydney? You think Sydney is noisy? Err.. dont go to HK ever :p

4:49 PM  
Blogger P said...

Loved the post...and congratulations on a year of blogging! :)

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only cuz u ignored my last comment, i refuse to comment on this one

*hmph*

[pouts and sulks]

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True , I agree completely ...in that why dont you move to Hyd ? I bet you this would be a good change ..just incase you plan to settle in India :)

Cya
S

8:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Appu,
Well then I was left alive, because I was on the roads of Chennai till past midnight :)

PI,
More than 1 year actually :)

Brat,
But that post was painful na? What to reply to the comments? Understand, na?
*sulks more*

S,
Nope, not moving anywhere for now.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually don't complain... but coming to your page (and loading of those bell tolls) messes up my iTunes :(

but then Casa is one of those for "whom the bell toll"... can't help it, can we?

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

* awww *
hugs - gives casa a virtual mudcake, yummmy !!!!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Urbanpro,
We are a package deal - me and my music :)

Brat,
Thanks sweetie!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home