To R: Of closures and such
I have often wondered over the last few months, how things would have been if you had not come here at all. It wouldnt have been rosy, because it hasnt been for ages, but maybe it wouldnt have become so bitter. Maybe the differences and bitterness would not have poured onto my other relationships, soaking them with accusations and misunderstandings. Weighing them down so much, that I might lose the will to pick them again. I feel guilty. I know I did the right things. Everyone I know seems to agree. But I also know that I must have done something wrong for it to come to this. I feel guilty for not knowing where I went wrong. And I feel wronged. I deserved that last precinct of faith. I deserved to continue believing things like family-is-family and they-will-always-understand-you. I had believed it without question for the last 20 years of my life. But everything moves. Everything gives way. This too, did. Maybe I expect everyone around to understand my actions. Maybe that is a problem. Maybe so do you. We are probably similar in that aspect of wanting understanding without explanations, that it makes us so totally different. Neither ready to accept another point of view. Neither ready to give in. I look back now, and wish I could turn it back to the times when I believed. When I genuinely wanted to help. When I really did care. Someone told me the other day, that I have faith in humanity, regardless of what I claim. Yes, I guess I do. I hope that all this will repair. However cynical I may be, I am still a hopeful. A hopeful fool maybe, but hope is like that. You have closed a chapter, so I will allow you to end it, without asking questions or offering justifications. It isnt easy for me to write this, because somewhere in the back of my mind I have a small fear that you might read it. And yet, I sometimes want you to read it. Known you all my life, and yet I dont know you. I will let the hurt die down. Because some day, I know it will. If not, you will become yet another person who changed my life. And no, it was not for the better.


10 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
was actually going through ur blog myself today, and was thinking of commenting(which i hav almost stopped :) ... very nicely written post... often thought of writing stuff on these lines myself... didnt only because was afraid they seem a lil cribby :)
yes college life coming to an end...
Only so many times can we articulate out thoughts so well. Will I ever be able to articulate mine..
i forgot about u!
how are we?
Appu's aphorism is quite somethin eh?
i second educatedunemployed's [wow, thats a longgg name] words .. Will I ever be able to articulate my thoughts so well !? [ok, dnt answer that :)]
I will let the hurt die down. Because some day, I know it will. If not, you will become yet another person who changed my life. And no, it was not for the better. I just love these lines !!!!
I don't know the context.. but I feel if it wasn't R, it might have been someone else who'd bring the bitterness to your life.. there's always someone who's first at it.. and that's the person you can't forgive till the end, even though there might be other people too who make you as bitter, if not more. But it's always the first one who betrays us the most.
This affirms why I started reading your blog. very eloquently said casa. here's hoping for the best.
so did this bring closure? Was this really cathartic? I've been aiming for that utopia where the past doesn't haunt the future anymore for almost two years now. The need to reach it fuels my fingers enough to write constantly, randomly, often senselessly; write enough to fill a blog, a hard drive, a day, a night a week...at best. But nothing more.
Somethings aren't meant to be gotten over, i fear. But i hope you found your closure.
Very touching Casa...and very similar....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home