Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The moonlight is for sharing

I spent most part of the morning reading through the archives of a particular blog. It is strange that with every story that I read, I find a part of my story in it. Weird, because there seems to be nothing common between the two persons. Just that stories overlap somewhere.

After spending office time doing everything else but work, the guilt weighed heavily on me. I worked through lunch and I worked after that. I didnt have any meetings scheduled today, and therefore made the conscious decision of not wearing a jacket to work. Guess what? They changed the teleconference to a meeting, and I had to attend it in less than business formals. Damn it. But the guilt did not stop there.

I have a credit exam on thursday and I have been delaying the studies far too long. So finally, over dinner I finished most of it. There is something strange about feeling guilty, or feeling lost, or feeling irritated. It actually helps you concentrate. Channel all your anger into studies. Or maybe I'm just weird.

My words are coming back to me. After a couple of months of not writing much, I feel the sudden urge to pen down every thought. It doesnt matter who reads them or understands them. There are too many emotions to explain, and too few that will understand anyway. The confusions take various forms and various words. Feel free not to interpret and comment.

I will know you were here... your footsteps are louder than you think.

19 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Oh, I find that guilt tripping myself is the best way to get some work done! :)

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why remove the pic?

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to wear bunny-rabbit footwear.

./w

5:50 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Guilt keeps one in an irritated mood, too.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bit lost with this one..didnt understand y guilty! anywayz..things will be fine and u will feel better soon
tc

11:21 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishful,
How be the thesis going, old man?

Urbanpro,
Why not?

./w,
Bahut pehle se un kadmo ki aahat jaan lete hain,
Doston ko na sahi, dushmano ko to pehchaan lete hain

:p

Jingu,
Whatever gets my work done - that is my principle at times.

Godo,
Guilty because I was reading blogs in office, instead of working?

11:35 AM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

Now I have to know whose blog you were reading. It's none of my business, but I just have to have to know now that you've mentioned it.
You have to be dressed in business formals everyday??? I'm wearing almost beachwear today - the not-going-into-the-water-but-still-on-the -beach kinds.. flowing skirt, summery ultra-casual top and flats.. heehee!

11:44 AM  
Blogger once again said...

"Or maybe I'm just weird" ... hehehehe yes u are wierd muhahahaha ...

seriously guilt does nothing for me. I am just a last minute person.

and *cough* I am equally curious :P whose blog resembles ur life sooo very much !?! :-)

*gasp*
*gulp*
*shriek*

not only do you wake up at half 7 every morning you also wear jackets to work !?! I ummm, have only one pair of formal trousers and one shirt which in my one yr of workin have been worn like twice :P :-)

before this becomes a POST. I'll stop :P

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe reading blogs in offc..then most of us must be guilty all thru the year :P:P

4:43 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

Hey there,

Got here through John's blog. Loved the last line!

I have a project demo on Friday and have tons to do since I've been slacking off blog-hopping! Don't think it's the guilt but the adrenalin rush from the impending deadline that usually gets me going. So, off I go now :-)

Good luck on that credit exam.


Cheers,
Nee

6:17 PM  
Blogger Adi Oso-Groot Finch said...

somehow, i too feel the same a lot of times. i land up at a new blog, start reading about and can relate to a lot of posts as if they've been written for me!

i guess, at some level, this carries me on as well.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok! you cannot answer a question with a question. That should be made illegal. At least immoral and sinful.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Cowlick,
Hahaha... curious cat eh :)
And yes I dress in business formals EVERYDAY. Now dont rub it in :p

Brat,
Seeeee... nobody offered me a family business to run, that is why I must make my living by wearing formals and waking up early :(
And you still complain about it. Drama Queen is your middle name :P
PS: I spelt weird correctly.. plis to check your spelling, my dear. While you are at it, plis to check your email too.

Godo,
Well, sometimes the guilt catches up.

Nee,
I hate them deadlines. And thanks for wishing me luck... really wanna pass this one!

Raven,
We all lead similar lives... and that the sequence of events are a little different.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Urbanpro,
Removed it because too much of a good thing is bad ;)

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since everyone apparently finds this guilt thing useful apparently im wierd. In the middle of exams aleady failingpaper 1 and having no such luck with teh studies!
hmph.
karuna

11:55 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Since I generally float around, I am not sure u heard my footsteps...

..and yes guilt really makes u concentrate

1:56 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Karuna,
You have company. I failed my exam too :(

Pointy,
Floating eh? So full of gas? ;)

11:16 AM  
Blogger MC said...

OHH! Deadlines!! You know what they remind me of?!?

The fact when my friend and I were looking at being a Graphic Designer and one conditions in being one was that we had to hand in things before the deadline and when we read that we were like...

"...Heh...heh..."

12:44 PM  
Blogger Chitra said...

Hey..which is it Casa?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home