Monday, February 12, 2007

Around the world in 80 days

The weekend has been rather eventful. I've seen people behave in ways I wouldnt want to see again, I've heard things that surprised me no end, and I've found out something which I didnt like the sound of. Such is life. You hear fairytale love stories that dont work out, and you wonder, if the imperfect ones have a chance. You see seemingly classy people behave like idiots, and you dont even dare to wonder, what the seemingly uncouth ones would do. The curveballs just dont stop.

On a more pleasant note, I am back to my favourite pastime - travel planning. Since I am losing patience, waiting for the frequent miles redemption ticket to get confirmed, I might end up buying a full fare ticket to Sydney. I have given myself 2 days to think it over. On Wednesday, I either pay, or drop Sydney from the list. I will also be going to KL for a week's training in March. Wish it was somewhere else. I have been to KL so many times that I'd actually prefer if the training was in Singapore. But these things are beyond my control. There is a longish weekend in April for Easter, and I'm hoping to make use of it for a quick getaway to Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City sounds inviting. And a new country is always a welcome change. Buzz and me have also started giving serious thought to the Kenya trip in August. Costs are prohibitive, though. Yet the safari in Masai Mara, the city life of Nairobi and the beaches in Mombasa sound too good to pass off for lack of liquidity. Will see how that goes. Fingers crossed. I have also made a promise to a friend to spend a week with him in India (either Bangalore or Calcutta, depending on where his job takes him), and that needs to be factored in as well. Let us see how it goes. For now, I am atleast happy to start planning. Travel company, anyone?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so jealous!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

hehehe. how ncie. am planning a trip back to the motherland, calcutta myself. in march. :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Muffet said...

wow..so much travelling..have fun! :)

1:27 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

Pay for me tickets and I'll be your travel company. I'm witty and smart and funny (sometimes terribly so) and can carry bags and will shut up and agree with everything you buy, can hold my alcohol pretty well if I have to and will also double as body guard. I mean what more do you want? :D

1:52 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Zombie,
Dont be... most of the plans wont work out :(

LH,
Does a trip to Calcutta really require planning? :)

LMM,
So much planning for now. Traveling... let's see.

Wishful,
If only I could afford it, I would pay for you right away. You sound like the perfect travel company! Start earning, will ya, so you become more affordable?

9:41 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

She's been bitten by the travel bug...pray temme where to find it?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehehehe... come, travel with me. Company is always welcome :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home