Monday, January 29, 2007

Dreamgirls

90% of the people we know will disappoint us, it is only a matter of when, I told a friend a few days back. Later I realised, I forgot to mention, that some people disappoint multiple times. Sometimes we just dont learn, do we?
Silly conversations arent my thing. I tire of them very easily. Nobody wants to be gloomy but forced cheer isnt the solution. I used to think that a long shower can sometimes be the solution, but I spooked myself when I used shower gel instead of shampoo to wash my hair the other day. I've never been so pre-occupied. It was a little alarming, I admit.
Anyways, I went for the level 1 sport climbing course on saturday and am a certified belayer now. It was fun. Challenging. And I didnt do too badly. Except that my forearms ached for a day and a half afterwards. Ouch. But it was nice to do something different. Something new.
Salsa lessons will be over next week, and I need something new after that. I like that weekly discipline. Feel good about packing up my week to good use. Could take up the next level of Salsa, or join another dance course or start the driving lessons since they refused to give me a license. Hrmph. That one is gonna cost me a lot of moolah.
I watched Babel yesterday. It was technically slick and very moving in parts, but overall I didnt think the movie tied in well. Quite a pity, given how good it could have been. Went out partying after the movie and hence slept through the morning today. Managed to wake up in time for a new hairdo. Lost 3 inches of my hair, got a fringe and highlighted it red, though it turned out to be milder than I had hoped.
It is going to be a packed week at work. And January will be over before you know it. I think I need to pick up the books again and start studying for one of the many exams I've registered for. Le sigh. It is half past midnight, and I will hit the sack now. Goodnitez.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it isnt the people, but its we who disappoint ourselves. over and over again !!!h

4:19 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

90%? pretty harsh stats, na? shucks...
hope u feel better after the morning shower, babe... despite the packed wk. :) went book shopping today, and dat put me in a good mood - together with the YUMMY toblerone shake i gulped down. cheerio!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Brat,
Sigh, I guess so.

LH,
It has been a reasonably good morning, despite being a monday. Had a lovely lunch with a colleague and have purple flowers on my desk :)
Toblerone shake? LOL. You sound like a kid :p

2:22 PM  
Blogger San said...

a busy week is always good .. keeps the busy thoughts at bay

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a shampoo AND a conditioner AND a shower gel, I did need a babysitter!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

San,
Yes I guess it is good.

SS,
Now that comment made me laugh like nothing else has for some time :D

6:53 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

I like the first part of the post - strikes a chord - specially the part about the repeatedness

why do we let them dissapoint us time and again? shouldnt it be systematically hard? would there be some kind of feedback system that lowers expectations if nothing else after the first few times?

I was looking fwd to Babel!

:(

10:00 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

Red highlights eh? wow! ;-) Am trying to grow my hair... lets see how long it goes before i cut them short...

Have fun with all the dancin n climbin... :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Brood Mode said...

wow busybabe!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

It's feb now :D And boy you studying and studying and studying..Phew!! repeating that itself is quite a task..

1:52 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Prerona,
I guess it is who we are. If we are eternal optimists, even if we pretend to be pessimists, we still hold on to hope. Sigh.

Aparna,
I grew it till it was a decent ponytail, but since I didnt want to rebond it, I just gave up on long hair.

Brood Mode,
Very very busy these days. Sigh.

John,
I fear I dont know enough. So I try to make up for it by studying for all sorts of exams. Weird eh :)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home