Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Devil Wears Prada.

What is the word? I am mildly... ummm… troubled(?) by the number of people who are trying to solve my life’s problems. No don’t get me wrong, I am sure it is all well-intentioned. But I am grown up. Really I am. I am not one for male-bashing, but this really seems to be gender-related. None of my girl friends seem to give me advice. They trust me to think for myself. But men? Oh no, honey. Listen to me. I have the answer to everything in the world!

Okay, moving on then. (Yes that is about all the airtime men deserve on this post... really!)

I have been slogging away at work these days. I have been stepping out for dinner and going back to work. I have been sending more than 50 emails a day and I have been attending meetings forever and ever. Yesterday though, there seemed to be a small, umm, reward to working late. Cheap thrills, I know. But sometimes that is all you got. (You really thought I would elaborate on what the reward was? You must be kiddin!)

Today seems to be a good day to get out of office early. And I use the term ‘early’ to describe a time of 8pm. I shall put on a happy mood, a big smile and go meet The Cowlick who is a-visiting from Melbourne. We will wine and dine and bitch and hang out. We, being her, Jupiter and me. Now there, I have found a way to mention Jupiter. She very easily tunes out when someone else has interesting conversation to make, but somehow has displayed extreme patience in listening to me rant on and on, recently. Unless she has been stoning while pretending to listen. Ummmm. Okay that works as well. And while I am announcing the scroll of honour, let me also make a special mention of Brat, who is an absolute riot on gtalk. Oh the bitching is so much fun. We have already made plans to meet up in Bombay later this year and drink ourselves silly.

The weekend holds a lot of promise. Unfortunately, it is a good 3 days away. And between now and the weekend, stand a strategy paper, 4 meetings and perhaps a performance appraisal. Oh well, I told you, life is a bitch. Whatcha gonna do?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. J said...

Hmm, say hello to the cowlick from moi although i'm not sure if she remembers me.

As for slogging.. I say it's passe if there ain't no overtime, stick to the 8 hour schedule.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All hail Drops of Jupiter!

Bask in her infinite glory..
for what you've heard is instead true
every mortal who's met her has a story
And agrees that Jupiter truly rules!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

So how did your weekend go?

:-)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

42 - answer to everything!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

John,
Oh well, sadly the EU rules dont apply here. We have to work long hours... not much of a choice there :(

Jupiter,
true and rules does not rhyme. Hehehe.

Aris,
Namaste to you too. Where have you been?
And well, the has been a bit of shopping here and there, but nothing big. The big items will come in after my bonus this month. Fingers crossed!

Sri,
Weekend was.. ummm... interesting? It was fun in parts, and disappointing in others.

Urban Pro,
Yes. I have been using the term 'mostly harmless' to describe a lot of people these days. So I wont fault you for using '42' from the book.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Lol.. EU Rules. hahahaha damn, does anyone follow them in the first place? :P

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home