Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Déjà Vu

Somewhere, between January and December
life changed, like never before.
Somewhere, between fiction and reality
I told you my story here, in 300 posts.
Somewhere, between lonliness and crowds
I made some good friends, I think.
Somewhere, between Bali and Phuket
the sea seemed different, and so did I.
Somewhere, between hope and foolishness
I learnt to let go. Painfully.
Somewhere, between ambition and fear
I rolled the dice, and didnt lose.
Somewhere, between duty and care
you stretched me, too much.
Somewhere, between boredom and adventure
I did the things, I never would.
Somewhere, between 'do' and 'do-not',
I regretted things, I never could.
Somewhere, between love and friendship
some stayed, and some others left.
Somewhere, between words and silences
poetry began to make sense.
Somewhere, at the threshold of this year
I, perched on the tower of hindsight
look back and say, It wasnt all bad.
Look ahead and know, It will be better.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

somewhere between your words i can relate.

somewhere between your words you make sense :p .. very little though

12:15 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

I love the fact that there is hope.Does make it all worth it in the end for me.

Happy New Year to you.:)

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It better be man..it better be..

2:54 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

San,
Very little? I thought they were much less cryptic than usual :)

EU,
To you too :)

Aris,
How be you, and how be the new year's eve?

Jupiter,
Hope for it :)

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

somewhere between here and there
a hug for being so true to yourself

and a wish from within
hope u get the best of what this year has to offer to all of us

[:)]

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy new year...

... Young One :)

2:15 AM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Well written- deep retrospection + positive outlook, nice!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Very lovely. HNY Casa. May this year be good to you.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very profound thoughts. the poem exudes emotional maturity.

Happy New Year.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Lavanya,
Very generous :)

Red,
Will tell you more some time on chat. We didnt complete that conversation last time.

SS,
Thanks :)

Orchid,
You can not not be positive... after all, hope is intrinsic, no :)

DC,
And for you too. How have you been?

Deadly,
Do 21 year-olds with identities of 'Deadly' understand emotional maturity? :)
Happy new year to you too.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully put.
May this year be better than all the previous nine combined.
Cheers!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere between work, I dropped by :p

Howdy do.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope u keep rolling the dice and do the things u never would. Coz that's what makes life interesting. Happy new yr to you!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pranay,
Previous 9 combined? You make me sound like a 10-year old :)

John,
Long time. Me's okay. And you?

Miss Muffet,
Yes, here's to more adventures in life. Cheers.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soo nice!
What a lovely post to start the new year with!
Happy new year, hope you continue writing on your wall...

5:29 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

I know this may sound weird, but did you recently do a post about your 300th post or did I just dream it.:)

6:07 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

And...you visited the great wall of China !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

1:25 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Karuna,
I hope so too.

EU,
This post has a mention about 300 posts, but nothing else has been written about it :)

Guns,
And the Taj Mahal.

Aris,
Bcoz u not blog also :p

2:56 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

I'm going mad..I knew I had read it some place that you've now written 300 posts but couldnt find a post on it..Right when it was staring at me..Well a huge congratulations are in order..it was only yesterday there was a lovely 200th post too.:)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I wanted to say. I had it in my mind from the begining of this year and you have beautifully put them in words.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Wishing you a year better than all that went before!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Hehehe... happens, sometimes :)
And thanks, for me the 200th seems way into the past.

Kausum,
I'm a mindreader sometimes ;)

Jingu,
Doesnt look so far, though :p

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home