Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Junoon.

Somewhere between
the fresh sunrise of
the day (only 7 hours old),
and the 900 year old
stones of Mehrauli,
you had a thousand compliments
for me,
squeezed between such
short time and space.
I playfully asked
for one honest statement
and you
looked me in the eye
"I lied all afternoon".




8 Comments:

Blogger sinusoidally said...

Wow. Beautiful pictures!

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) nice piccies miss. nice, especially the third one.

1:55 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

The Qutub Minar !! Ain't it amazing? I visited it earlier this year in April and was really sad to know that entry into the minar was banned because of ongoing construction/restoration. Were you able to infiltrate inside the minar?

Loved the third photo...amazing ! Its really nice to see you are doing super stuff with your new DSLR, making it run the whole hog ! I got my share of Qutub minar photos on my gallery but I used the natural white balance option so the red colour of the Minar is not as accentuated as in your photos. But then...thats the beauty of the place, it looks enchanting in all colours !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

11:55 PM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Nice pictures Casablanca! I think at least for me moving out of India to another country was key in making me realise the rich cultural heritage that we own..sort of seeing things in a different light now, strange right?

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing shots, fitting words ..

5:09 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sines,
Merci much :)

Brat,
Thankee. My fav is the last one though... coz there's a bird caught between the 2 arches. Sadly, it isnt visible enough :(

Guns,
Glad that you are changing your mind about my DSLR. There is no way I could take these photos with a high-end point-and-shoot.

Orchid,
Well I do understand what you mean... I did appreciate the culture and heritage while I was in India, but I didnt make so much of an effort to absorb it until I left the country.

San,
Shukr'an :)

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I lied all afternoon". Well, the stones didn't lie. They are as beautiful as the hands that made them. Hope you are having fun.

12:30 AM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Oh, I never doubted your abilities with a DSLR, I always dislike DSLRs for the sole reason that they are too expensive - enough to deter any photography enthusiast from learning more about the art. Panasonic did the best thing in the world by introducing their gamut of bridge cameras and allowing poor ruffians like me to get my hands on some raw manual control. I own the FZ-20, the camera which had literally no rival in its class.

Do you know there are a lot of famous photogrraphers who do their work solely with simple point and shoots? I guess its just a matter of preference when it comes to cameras - lets say any passion.

Keep clicking and putting them up here. I love what you do.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home