Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Wireless@SG will provide free WiFi access across the island from 2007. Time to buy that laptop and surf away, I say. Thinkpad, here I come. Wait, Macbook here I come. Or, Thinkpad is what I must get. Or should it be a Macbook... damn these decisions!
.
Run. Roads of Singapore are no longer safe. Her Highness, The Casablanca has registered for her driving license here. If things go okay, by January I might be able to legally kill. Muahahhahaha.
.
In my predominantly female team at work, there is now a vacancy for a manager. The girls have very clearly outlined their requirements to the Boss. New joiner must be male, preferably non-chinese, good looking and single. Business skills, optional.
.
Starting today, there is a 'Go Caffeine Free' week at the workplace. Just how do they expect us to be productive? Reading the announcement makes me drowsy. I will have to cheat, so God of Caffeine, help me.
.
After an unexpected flurry of decision making, I have just paid for my air ticket to Delhi. Yes, I will be visiting family for a week this December. *rolls eyes* Tickets for Beijing have also been paid for. November and December are expensive months, I say.
.
The housemate leaves for two weeks in Europe. She will be missed. Here's hoping that she has a lovely holiday in the company of good eye candy, perfect weather and breath-taking fashion. Oh, and enjoy the castles too. *wink*
.
Went for a hairwash during lunch. Complete with a head massage. I feel soooo good! And compliments have been coming in since. I am tempted to straighten my hair when I visit HK next month. *gulp*
.
Plans to stay away from partying for the next 3 weeks will be put to test this friday. Thou shall not drink. Thou shall not spend. Thou shall not waste time. Thou shall still have a satisfying weekend (read: get work done).
And so should you :)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go forth and party on my behalf also!! I shall bring gifts of wine and wine when I return :) teehee.. thanks for the props :)

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post ..
I pity the ppl of singapore..they'll have a miserable time once u get on to the roads..imagine the site ..ppl running here and there trying to save themselves ..Pls spare them casa ;-))
and doesnt hair straightening spoil one's hair ..hmmm...it DOES !!!
and one doesnt necessarily need to get drunk..or party to have a Nice weekend no ? i dont drink and i still have fun :)

Have a lovely weekend ahead Casa
S

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caffeine-free week... that officially puts your company on my employer black list forever. Maybe they'd like to try "brain-free" week sometime too. People might be more productive then.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wot?!! No drinking?!! No spending?!!! How does one survive such torture? :P

Its friday! And i feel like a drink... no make that 2, oh no.. make that 3... heck make that wotever! :P

Didnt realise it was the 13th though...

6:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
Only wine? Kanjoos :p

S,
It is damaging to the hair, but it looks good and is much easier to manage. So well, got to evaluate.

Anshul,
And I did NOT cheat today. I am so proud of myself for staying awake without caffeine today :D

Apy,
Bewdi! No yaar, have things to do and lands to conquer this weekend ;)

6:41 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Yeah that what I was telling myself yesterday as well..that I should get work done over this weekend...Gah!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I apply? Can I apply?

Male - check
Non-chinese - check
Good looking - Not exactly Brad Pitt but then not everyone likes Brad's looks, might qualify
Single - since last 4 months
Business skills - wizard at MS Office, good at public speaking, blah blah... (it is optional anyway)

PS I will give you company to smuggle coffee! (Drink 5 cups/day, atleast)

12:20 AM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Good luck with the "no spending, no drinking,no wasting time" campaign and thanks for the advance warning abou the manic driver will pass it on to my SIL who lives in Singapore.

2:40 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

The last bit seems so impossible.Haven't I heard this bit before and known it wont happen. Why do I feel this is a deja vous moment..:p

3:19 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Coffee is the drink of the Gods, I say! Why deprive yourself of that?

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whattttt what kind of a stupid company makes it a no caffine week, like caffine and nicotine together are the only two things to look upto @ work. [ofcourse, bloggin, surfin porn and playing games do add to the joy of having a cubicle] but still ...

I have given up alcohol for two months, so I am sure u cud survive without a lousy two days of alcohol ... * grins*

and u dont how to drive [insert look of disdain] ...

so ur like going everywhere, but Mumbai !!! hmph !

3:05 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

WT,
Hope we both get work done over the weekend then!

Urbanpro,
Oh, but by non-chinese, I think my colleagues meant caucasian ;)

Orchid,
Need the luck.

EU,
Grrrr. It will, it will. Wait and watch :p

Jingu,
They are encouraging us to donate our coffee expenditure to charity. Bah.

Brat,
You surf porn at work?? Tsk tsk.
And I wont drink anything (other than wine) for the next 3 weeks. Yes yes, I wont.
Of course I drive. In India. So now I'm trying to convert my indian license here so I can drive in Singapore :P
And how I would love to come to Bombay. Maybe June of 2007 :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

So did you girls get a "manager" ?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

No such luck ;)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Aris,
Such horrors at my workplace. What to say :(

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home