Chal Chale...
Watched Deepa Mehta's 'Water'. Was moving and disturbing. Read a whole lot about the protests by VHP and BJP after watching it. Makes me very sad. This concept of 'image of India' was never something I really related to, but now it bothers me. Will write more about it later. I think that concept deserves an entire post. Diwali came and went. A whole lot of cooking and entertaining. Everyone enjoyed it. Satisfying. Got compliments for the house and for the food. Makes the effort worth it. Took half a day off from work yesterday and decided to get a hair treatment and cut instead of making powerpoint presentations. Was relaxing, as always. Was tempted to straighten my hair a few weeks back. Now that has passed. I like it the way it is. And I love the way it smells! Have been listening to songs from 'Woh Lamhe' all day. The lyrics from 'Chal Chale' take my vote... 'Chand lamhe tu inse mujhe durr kar, chal chale apne ghar, humsafar'. I so identify with the need to get away from it all for some time. I'm counting days to my holiday. Went to a housewarming party last night. Was loads of fun. The recently engaged couple are cute. The belgian mixes mean cocktails. And the german has sold Chicago to me like never before. I am tempted to go. Who knows... I might land up there next year. Dont be surprised. I think I might start believing in destiny.......


16 Comments:
yippeee.. i'm the first to post a comment.. :)
"Who knows... I might land up there next year. Dont be surprised. I think I might start believing in destiny......."
lady.. you made me smile today.. :)
BTW, im bak to blogging.. its gr8.. :)
OHHH!!! Housewarming!!
I just LOVE those!! You're soo lucky, the only recent Housewarming I've been to was like...four months ago..? Six..?
But anywho...Destiny isn't a big shock to me >_< I guess you could say that the Christian's belief of God having a life already set out for you would be pretty much called 'Destiny'.
finding it very hard to read ur blog sweets bcz the music turns on always ... is there anyway i can turn it off and still have ur page open?
Me too, eagerly counting the days for holidays to begin.
prerona you're a typical case of women who can't multi task :p - switch the speakers of when you hit this site?
I saw Water a few months back and it was an extremely moving movie, we had many discussions on that topic.
I look fwd to reading your thoughts and views on it.
Casa, Baby "Chal Chale" the song from "Woh Lamhe" is not written by Gulzar though it sounds very gulzarish...
I read the book "Water" by Bapsi Sidhwa and I loved it to bits. What imagery! Waiting to watch the flick if they ever decide it to release in India...Sometimes I wonder how hypocritical can we really get? Then again wondering gets me nowhere...
Canary,
Glad to make you smile, and welcome back to blogging :)
MC,
Hey, even for me this was a housewarming after ages. But it was so much fun!
Interesting explanation for destiny there...
Prerona,
So sorry, I guess the only way to handle it is to mute the speaker? If you are using IE though, and you have the right plug-in, it allows you to 'pause' the music. Firefox doesnt allow that, sadly.
John,
And where are you traveling to?
San,
Yes will write soon about it... not just the movie, but about being 'a true Indian'.
SATC,
Yes the song is by Sayeed Qadri. And I dont think it sounds too Gulzar either... it has very little urdu.
I heard the pirated version of 'Water' is available in India. Try to watch it.
love ur style of writing, even a mundane really has a flow to it.
keep posting, chicago btw is the WINDY CITY with horrific weather
I swear I posted a comment here and its disappeared ... stupid @#$#! blogger [I meant to say motherfuckin :-)]
Took half a day off from work yesterday and decided to get a hair treatment and cut instead of making powerpoint presentations.
Okay then *rolls eyes*
slyly runs away.
and have I ever told you, I simply love the way you end ur posts !!?
Jhantu,
LOL. You are out to scare me away from Chicago, but do you have any alternatives to offer? Sadly Houston doesnt have any top notch B-schools :p
Brat,
I took half day of leave... not like I lied at office and went for a haircut:p
And now dont pressure me dahling, now I'll have to think hard about ending every post well ;)
That's really great. waiting for ur post on Water.
Applying to Chicago GSB??
Pranay,
Oh well, it isnt about Water. It is about India and being Indian and things like that :)
Urbanpro,
Nope, not Chicago GSB.
Appu,
This is exactly what makes me feel sad... that so many people are concerned about the 'image of india', rather than solving the problems on the ground. No country can be ridiculed by a movie... but to escape reality isnt the way to deal with it either.
I am an absolute sucker for flat compliments and shamelessly scrub everything clean before people turn up, as if, I am always this clean and tidy ;-)
Heyy... are you implying I am NOT always as clean and tidy :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home