Thursday, September 07, 2006

Why should I?

Where does help stop and baby-sitting begin? Where is everyone's plan B? I want to disappear at times. Be non-existent to some people, so that they can take care of themselves. Maybe I am being arrogant. Maybe I'm being mean. Or maybe I'm just tired. And it has nothing to do with people being 'different'. Whoever they are, they should learn to stand on their own two feet. It really isnt so difficult. It isnt about 'I did it, so can you'. It is about 'everyone does it, and so MUST you'. Grow up, please?

22 Comments:

Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Maybe just maybe you need to learn how to say no and not always be there for people.Then they learn and grow up too.

2:14 PM  
Blogger San said...

I agree with educatedunemployed's comment, sometimes we need to refuse to help them and just maybe they will help themselves.

I relate to your post though, I often wonder why certain people can't walk without holding my hand :(

4:16 PM  
Blogger bright red said...

bang on!

i agree

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

because sometimes we are in that same place and we're glad that our help did not give up on us :)

- RMOPLF
ojgkvvwb

6:03 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Growing up is boring. Gah.

10:28 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

And no fun too. Yeah. Gah.

10:28 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

I think the creepy hand looks nice three times in succession. What do you think?

10:29 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

The Creepy Hand strikes again.

10:29 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Five is better than four methinks. Gawd I am so bored. As you can see. Should I feel guilty about creeping all over your commentspace like a spastic monkey? I think I'll leave now. Baah! :D

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing post. You hit the nail straight home this time!

11:02 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

Agree with educatedunemployed.. leave them to grow up on their own. You cant be everywhere.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Young One,

The new workplace seems to have severely affected the blogging frequency.

Like the new set up of your room, esp the lights. How about a close up of the film roll on the wall. Nice camera :)

ciao!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
I agree. I guess I need to be told that again and again... I do need to learn to say 'no'.

San,
I know... and these are usually people we dont want to be rude to and ask them to be on their own. But then it gets tiring to help all the time. A real catch 22.

Bright Red,
Long time, no see :)

RMOPLF,
That could be one reason. Will try to keep that in mind in the future... but I rarely look to others for this kind of help. Sigh.

WT,
Yes, I can see that growing up is something which hasnt taken your fancy yet :p
And the creepy hand is quite colorful, so I dont mind it on my commentspace. But if you are bored, how about doing your thesis? :p :p

Anonymous,
Uh huh?

Cowlick,
Yup will try. But then you dont want them to be in trouble either, do you. See, I really have a problem with letting go. Sigh.

SS,
Hahahaha... the wise old man speaketh. And yes the new workplace keeps me very very busy. Sad, no? And will send you a close up of the photoframe... but the camera is the really simple (read: dumb) point-and-shoot types... sony 3mp... a good 3 years old too :(

6:33 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Casa!
i didn't realise until i got hear, and heard the music play (and it caught me by surprise!) how much i missed this place! :) ooho it's nice to read, and listen again, it is!

and they all know how to stand on their feet, it's only that some of us worry too much, and hold their hand *always*, and sometimes, we need our hand held too, but they take our strength for granted. go stand up to them. they'll grow up. tried and tested, it is.

-bgfs. (formerly known as) (yes, i know i'm almost doing a prince :D)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Maybe YOU are the Plan B!

2:19 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

ola senorita!

So you were a bad bad girl the other day? :p i went back home by the MRT like a good girl and slept and went to work the next day. add to that only one drink... yes have been a good girl starting this month, one of my resolutions :D

Yes, sure you can borrow the VCDs, but i need to go get them chnaged at Mustafa... both of them are screwed up. one doesnt have sound, other doesnt start normally, have to play the 'select a scene' option :(

lets catch up sometime next week!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey casa, plz tell me how to insert music into blogs?
i know the html codes and all, but i do not know where to get the song urls from.. plz help

5:38 PM  
Blogger MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:49 PM  
Blogger MC said...

Wahh TT _ TT Haven't commented lately and your posts are always so interesting!!!

Oh hum hum...Everyone has their time when they just went to push people into a little box and let them do it by themselves...I guess it's all about patience...Well to me anyway... ;;>_>

Patience is a virtue and sadly something that takes a while to master...^-^

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soon enough hon, soon enough..

5:07 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Bgfs,
And the space has missed you too!
And crochety love? But why?

Jingu,
Then I want to know why their plan A always fails??!!

Aparna,
I was just getting rid of the tiring work week in a fashionable fashion... and well, I didnt take the train back, but then, when I could have... does that make it better? ;)
Let me know when you are free and headed to city for dinner this week.

Anonymous,
You guys will get me arrested for piracy and all that :p
Try bollyfm.net for music.

MC,
And I thought I was the impatient one... turns out not!

Jups,
Hehehe... yes yes.

Aris,
Yes, they will be people.. in my face, and in my space. Sigh.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Maybe that state of theirs is transitional?

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home