Friday, August 18, 2006

Kabhi kabhi

A busy life, some messed up thoughts, and a bout of laziness have kept me away from here. Now finally when I decided to post, there is just sooooo much to write about that I dont know where to begin. But well, good things first. A friend came here from HK, and got me an awesomely cute birthday gift. A winnie-the-pooh clock! It sits right next to my Bedtime Pooh now. Played host to him for 3 days. The friend, not Pooh *wink* But I am sure you will agree, that a combination of busy worklife and a busy social life is quite tiring. End of the week, and I am too pooped to do anything. Club-hopping last night was fun. Waking up this morning was not. A vein throbs in my head today.

But it has been a good day. Have been volunteered for a training programme at office, which involved a pre-course exam today. Exams seem routine to me now. Too many of them. Studied for a week. Did well in the paper. Or so I think. But, The Highlight of the Day has surely been collecting my 2 free tickets to Phuket. Yes you heard it. A lucky draw for my credit card, and then the lady tells me: you won free tickets to Phuket. Very unapologetically, I ask: so tell me, what is the trick here? It cant be that easy. But apparently it is for real. I cant believe my own luck.

A lot of work has gone into cleaning, arranging and getting the abode in perfect condition. Well, its now almost perfect. The armchairs will come this weekend. And green pashmina throws will adorn them. And that should be the end of it. Phew. A lot of fun, it has been though.

I feel the need for comfort food. The need for a bed. So I shall quietly slip away from office now... and bring the week to an quick and painless end. Sayonara.

16 Comments:

Blogger educatedunemployed said...

And she is alive.Have a good weekend girl.

9:32 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Your bird-day happened? When? You didn't inform!!

Belated wishes Casablanca - may the year ahead be full of sunshine and happiness and all you dreamt of and wished for...

YOU ACTUALLY WON TICKETS! Jesus that's awesome...have a fun trip ladki!!

PS The song? Had an overdose of it thanks to it being exploited by Ekta Kapoor on one of her awful melodramas my mom insists on following!!! But good song otherwise...

11:03 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

I mean like wtf??? You're either studying for exams or zooming off to holidays!!! Gah! Some people!! :p

2:44 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Of all the people in this credit card world, you have to get one free holiday ticket!! As if you don't take any! grump..grump..Phuket! Bah....

2:52 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Hehehe... yup, she is!

Gee,
Oh, the budday happened last month... 1st July. Didnt wanna make a big deal of it. Ahem ahem ;)
The gift was belated, since the friend was in HK all this while.
And your wish is my command... changed the song :)

WT,
Oh well, the balance of life. Some people have beer and thesis, some have exams and free tickets ;)
*cheeky grin*

Jingu,
Awwww.. now that you have got your credit card, start spending. You might get lucky too :D :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger MC said...

Exams, exams...I get too many History exams >.> ... But then again, it's probably not as bad as you...But you practically won the lottery!!!!!!

Comfort food would always be ice-cream and chocolate for me >.<

Banning chocolate is an illegal act!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger KM said...

i want to swtich places with you for a week.
a week is all i ask!
to live the lovely independant life you lead!
:)
count ur blessings...i am!
lol!
mashallah!
(there, i did it for you!)
mwah!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

free tickets to Phuket.... Gosh, these lucky draw thingies are for real huh!! Wow

9:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

MC,
Free tickets to Phuket, do not a lottery make. Trust me, they arent too expensive :)
As for comfort food, I went for cheesy pizza! Chocolates aint my thing anymore.

Khizzy,
Well, why not take a job in a new city after a couple of years, and live on your own? I am sure you will enjoy it :)

Me,
Ya man, they are for real. Even I couldnt believe it!

10:44 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

have s fun trip, and wowee, all dat abandon of pashmina sounds like a LOT of fun! hehehe...
and the previous post had some pretty snazzy questions. made me smirk to myself ;-)

3:24 AM  
Blogger totti said...

err...belated birthday wishes :)..and congrats on the free tickets!! you too are leo, then?

8:41 AM  
Blogger once again said...

how can you not make a big deal about ur birthday. Isnt that what birthdays are meant for !?! [grins]

well, a very happy belated birthday to you !!!! and somewhere sometime did I read Ikea furniture somewhere !?

- sigh - I miss Ikea.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

giggle, no she isn't a leo,
I am! :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

LH,
It also sounds like a LOT of expense. Sigh :(

Totti,
The birthday was on the 1st of July. I refused to make a big deal of it on the blog though ;)
So that makes me a Cancerian :)

Once Again,
Oh well, decided not to mention it on the blog and fish for wishes ;)
And yes, I lurv Ikea. Very much.

Jups,
We know, we know :p

6:27 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Hey, will you be putting up pics of your brand new interior on the blog?

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

8:07 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Guns,
Patience my friend, patience. Will do... but after everything is in place. Another week, maybe?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home