Wake me up when September ends
On friday, I started typing a post which halfway through, went into a direction of its own and I decided not to publish it. The post was about how moronic I find it when people compare anything and everything to just about anything and everything. Okay. Allow me to explain. I have read bloggers writing about how clothes are like friendships, and food is like makeup or relationships are like cities and all sorts of rubbish analogies which make no sense whatsoever. To illustrate my point, I started on an entirely mind-numbing example - how friends are like teas. The ones that are perfect for spending time with every morning is the english breakfast. The strong, silent ones who almost shock you, are the earl grey. The ones that leave a bad taste in your mouth but are still healthy for you, the herbal green tea. Half way through that example I realised I was making way too much sense in my example that I should be making to prove my point. And that is why, my dears, I deleted that draft. Because I was actually making a brilliant case of why we COULD compare anything and everything to anything and everything. But that is okay... not everyone can do it as brilliantly as I do. Uh huh.
*readies her armour*
On friday evening, I mustered some courage and asked my hair-stylist to curl my hair. It looked very very different! For the first time ever, a lady walked up to me at the train station and asked - where did you get your hair done and how much did it cost you? I was shocked, I must say. Friends also said it looked good. Sadly, the curls last for just a day. But well, a different look, even though just for an evening, is quite a fun thing to do!
Watched 'Devil wears Prada' on friday night, and absolutely loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Must watch. Even the guys liked it. What can I say?
Anyways, the Basilica de Notre Dame has been framed and hung. My impatience knows no end. After realising that the framing shop will be closed on sunday, I decided to buy an off-the-shelf frame and do it myself. Voila. And then I also bought another 1000 piece one - the Monalisa. Damn my savings plan. I need to enjoy my money. Anyone who will complain about the non-availability of jigsaws, please head to Puzzle World in Suntec City. And do buy me the Monet if you feel extremely generous. The puzzle, of course! *wink*
I also bought a DVD player. So now one does not need to stay holed up inside the room to watch movies on the PC. One shall make use of the comfy pashmina covered armchairs and sit and enjoy SATC on the TV. We likey. A few more nails to be drilled and a few more art pieces to be hung, and then the house
A new month. A new week. A new day. Be good, my dears. Bon Jour!


13 Comments:
you have me singing "wake me up when september ends" :)
Oh and your making far too much sense regarding friendships for a muggy monday morning!
Now a few posts ago you were cutting back on expenses and here you are a few posts later going to your hair stylists and buying a dvd player! A picture of the curls please then you can recieve the most important verdict of all .. mine of course!
oh you've dumped the saving plan .. a good idea its awful living to plans.
Oh and no frames for me - they were out of stock in my store! I dragged my pop all that way and tehy didnt have any .. oh well i will go check a few otehr stores out this week. Room looks naked at teh moment with all the wall's bare .. well not completely bare they do have the new wall paper just needs the accessories now.
Oh I should stop now, look how long this comment has become!
Yes, your savings plans looks well and truly dead. And you're the type who frinds give liquor bottles to for safe-keeping eh? Drink it!
Oh I'm waiting for Devil wears Prada to come to this hamlet...just saw the new Asterix and the Vikings...much FUN!
...PS You aren't serious about safe-keeping that wine are you? Can I come over and we can ensure it's in a place that's truly nice and safe, where no one can find it? ;-)
San,
Oh well, in my defense, I started typing that friendship post on a friday afternoon :p
And hair-stylist here comes relatively cheap... but yes, the DVD player was a splurge :(
Good luck with the room decor!
WT,
Oh well, I will drink it, but when he is around. Not too bad a deal, right? All he wants is that I open that bottle in his presence :D
Gee,
Its a loverly movie my dear! Must watch.
Hehehe... come over, and we will invite the wine owner. I am sure he wont mind opening it if he gets to meet you in exchange ;)
Haii-yahhhhhkk
I komh-pair my fren to clothes then you sabo me
liddat how can?
I pay seh redi. :P
DVD players are the bestest!
And I love that song! Its totally my song of the month!
Somebody starting naming posts after songs? ;-)
A good song to start with, anyway.
And how much the one day hair curl last?
You got your hair curled?? I got mine cut really really short.. and streaked red. Just that it's now looking like I have red hair with black streaks. (Yes, I'm not stepping out of my house this entire month.) I like the cut though.
Jups,
Where got? You sabo me by saying that, kanna someone think I do personal attack then how? :p
Karuna,
The DVD player is being put to good use. Episode by episode, SATC Season 4. Ooo yay!
Jingu,
Oh well, just had to make an exception here. Too tempting not to use this song title :)
And your question about my hair doesnt make much sense?!! One day curls, HENCE lasted just for one day :p
Cowlick,
Yes I got the really twirly curls... was reallllly different! And red streaks sounds a-w-e-s-o-m-e. My highlights are red too!
ola senorita!
lets catch up sometime next week if your highness can squeeze out some time from manicures/pedicures/hair salon trips/work/prettying up the abode/blogging not to mention jigsaw puzzles?! :p
This week, this naacheez is busy for a change... :)
another one !!! 1000 pieces...
how do u get time to do all this ?
and am heading bck to India...have a 8hr stop at s'pore...so am wondering whether i'll be able to get these puzzles at the airport or not ?
oops, it ought to be, "how much the one day curl cost?"
Aparna,
Hehehehe... yes yes, the queen is busy, but she can always make time to hang out with you! Next week it is!
Raul,
Well, its addictive, and I stole my sleep time to do it. You can look around in the airport, but I dont think there is one :(
Jingu,
Hmmmmm... not too much, 20 bucks.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home