Home Alone
Apparently it is very difficult for people to believe that I could take 2 days of leave just to stay at home. Everyone is trying to read between the lines, look for the hidden agenda. Is she secretly studying for another exam? What is she up to? Is she not well? Guess what, she is in top shape! She had leave to clear, and she wanted a break, so she took leave to stay home yesterday and today, and is enjoying her long weekend. Pizza was ordered, My Brother Nikhil was watched, my 1000-piece Basilica jigsaw was started, a dresser was bought from Ikea. I am proud to have assembled it all on my own, in under an hour! *pats her back* Today, the dresser was arranged, the sheets were changed, Gosford Park was started and DVDs were stacked. A lot of food was munched inbetween all this, and copious amounts of fresh lime was consumed. I even cancelled my manicure appointment so I could just relax at home. Gawd, I feel good.
And now, allow me to show off.
*drumrolls*
Picures of my bedroom!
Plis to note: except the bed and the chair, all pieces of furniture have been assembled by yours truly!
I love my new photoframes on the side wall... bright and cheerful. And the winnie-the-pooh alarm clock sitting right next to Pooh!
Well, I wasnt able to get new curtains to my liking yesterday. So dolphins on the window, and my precious dreamcatcher adorn the window for now. Along with old, dull, white curtains. Ugh.
Yes, the breathing apparatus, also known as the PC, and the new dresser. If you think it is too cluttered, I am sure you can guess how long it takes for me to get dressed.
And finally, my favourite corner in the room - with my painted glass lamp, my tealights and a watercolour of Hong Kong. We likey!And that my dears, will be all for now. Pictures of the living will come soon, if the housemate gives permission. Have a great weekend. I will!


31 Comments:
Very naice I say! :)
Cancelling tht manicure appointment also means cutting costs. Ek teer so do shikar!
lol...i love the decor...
and the insight into some aspect of ur life.
:)
WT,
And you better say so, even if it isnt! I put in lot of hardwork (read: 2 days!) into it :p
Ritwik,
I swear! And I can do a not too bad one myself ;)
Khizzy,
Now I am too curious to know what 'insight' the pictures gave you, into my life. Plis to enlighted the curious soul!
I am gonna go clutter up the living room just to be a grand beeyatch ;)
I want to leave my house and live in yours.
./w
My comment?:(
Jupiter,
Nothing new dahling ;)
*ducks for cover*
W,
Oh c'mon, your house looks amazing! It was after seeing your pictures that I decided to post mine :)
EU,
Did it get lost? Sorry, blogger screws up at times.
I still want to live in your house :P
./w
TWO stuff toys (and I can spot another one near the PC).. dolfins on the window and a dreamcatcher! How old did you say you were?
PS: candles.. ummmmm
Cas, it's truly beautiful. Amazing what you've done there. Great work. A BIIIIG pat on your back.
so you invited all bloggers into your bedroom huh ;)
oh and she's a pooh fan too - I like and approve. I should be decorating my room this weekend but it's not happening :S
I like your photo frame idea .. might have to go hunt for something similar
*Jups flings her giant bear at Casa and then proceeds to spill more juice on the carp- no no..forget i said that..
lol...i meant ur room was pleasantly traditional and girly.
it could just as well be mine.
i expected something totally different.
just as nice, but on totally difernt lines!
:)
very neat decor..simple and sweet!
U seem to have very good taste indeed:-)
one approves !!
love the frames ...
the lamp looks tres cool ... and so does the watercolour
and waiting 2 see the livin room !!
and ma room's gettin painted, I had too decided I'd click a few piccies :) seeing u, i ish all inspired :)
couldnt see the snaps as flickr is banned where i am now, but ur taking a few days off sounds wonderful! glad you had fun ...
Me liketh the lamp and tea lights!!! Very warm and inviting!
W,
Will let you know when I open a country inn ;)
Cowlick,
ROTFL! And this is AFTER I threw away 4 of the smaller stuffed toys. LOL!
Me,
Merci. I love it. Feels very homely now!
San,
Oh well, now that you put it that way, it does make it seem scandalous :P
And photoframes are from Ikea. Happy hunting!
Jups,
A juice a day, keeps the ants away, eh? :P
Khizzy,
Hehehe... but then I am very much like you I guess :)
Ekta,
Dont know about taste, but yet a lot of patience and time :P
Once Again,
Merci! Approval from an interior decorator... maketh my day :D
And the watercolour is so cute no? Man, I lurve Hong Kong!
Living room pics, coming up soon.
Prerona,
Oh no! No fun without the pics. No no :(
Gee,
The lamp is my favourite! Its so retro!
Good taste...
lovely pictures!! yes pictures of the living room puhleeese!! :D
clap clap clap !! Wow. Thats really tastefully done. I see that you understand very well that it is light that makes or breaks the look of a room. Its like a photo where you need the right amount of light coming from the right places to make it look perfect.
BTW, just how BIG is that damn monitor on your computer? WOW !
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
quite the interior decorator i say.
You can consider it as an alternate profession.
You just just incast these two days of leave led to catastrophe and all (god forbid)
:-))
P.S: A picture is worth a thousand words. A smile is worth a thousand comments. :-)
Do put up a phuto of just the painted glass lamp switched on na....
Wahh...I haven't commented in a while if I think about it...>.<...Buh anywho...Luckeh!!! I can't wait until I'm old enough to live in a nice apartment...#.#
The window with the dolphins are pretty!! ^-^
its beautiful! no wonder u took off to stay at home!
Pallavi,
Thanks.
Aris,
Hehehe... I didnt do any interior decoration. I just did some arranging. And the budget exercise isnt coming along too badly... havent had a starbucks latte for some time now, though I did get a manicure yesterday :O
Aparna,
Or you could just come and see it for yourself :)
Guns,
Hahaha... the monitor is only 17 inch, but LCD monitors are bigger. Wish I had a 19-inch. Sigh.
Karuna,
No no, no interior decorator here. Very minimal changes done, I assure you.
Jingu,
:))
Chitra,
The lamp is 'on'. Its not an electric lamp, it holds a candle inside. Very rustic :)
Wanderer,
Naa.. not gonna take pictures during broad daylight. No ambience I feel...
MC,
Time flies, soon you'll be there... in your own kickass apartment :)
Zombie,
Hehe... thanks!
Yup... Only the lamp dear... only the lamp :)!
hi casa..been a while since I ur blog out..just was between houses..going to yosemite etc.
your room looks real nice... maybe this will inspire me to fix up my new apt a little better :)
Chitra,
Will try.
Ligne,
Great to be of inspiration! Doing up a house is so much fun, even though a lot of hardwork goes into it :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home