Friday, August 04, 2006

English, August

The eighth month rolls in as quickly as the first one did. As cliched as it sounds, time really seems to be flying. I have this unputdownable urge to study in the UK next year. Very english, very exciting, and very expensive. Sigh. I want a rich uncle somewhere who will write his castle and farms to my name before he dies. Oh no. I didnt just say that! In other news, I have changed from the nokia 6630 to the nokia 6280. We likey! Except that I wasnt able to back up my data completely, leading to loss of all new contacts added since January 2006. I have effectively managed to kill my already restricted social circle. Sigh again. At this point, let me mention that you should expect a lot of sighing in this post. Please be prepared for it. Sigh again, to prove the point. You should also expect (and not complain about) the total randomness of this post. I have recently realised that is a totally stupid thing to compare relationships. Yes, you heard me right. There are people who do that. I have done that too in the past. Close relationships. Mature relationships. Open relationships. Intimate relationships. These are just tags. None better than the other. We tweak things to be how we like it. And that is perfectly okay. And much better, than being compared to another couple and try to emulate their relationship "style". I also think I am busier than I have been for quite some time. There are 3 new people in town, who I was supposed to meet up with this week. One has just moved here from Hong Kong. Another is a classmate from school. The third is a friend of my sister's. Today is friday, and I havent met even one of them. I feel horribly guilty. Tired sigh. I also feel horribly poor after clearing 2 months of bills backlog. I swear the bills and rent day frequency is higher than the pay day. It happens. Take my word for it! A fair amount of money has been spent on beautification of the abode, which doesnt look any prettier yet. Okay, that is because all the furniture ordered from Ikea arrives tomorrow, but still. The lounge chairs have gone out of stock, so no guests will be welcome to our place till Ikea replenishes their stock. Now we know who controls the world. The furniture stores! Loud sigh. My watch ran out of battery yesterday and I blame it for me waking up late. I knew it was out of battery, yet I let it remain on my bedstead, and looked at it this morning, AND overslept. Now that is called stupidity. Grrrrr. Anyways, I am in the middle of planning my holiday in Shanghai this november. A friend flies in from Johannesburg, and then we head to HK to meet another buddy, and then the 3 of us head to Shanghai. Tis a good excuse to get those boots and overcoats out again. Tickets will be expensive, but one has decided to go ahead. In the middle of all this, it has come to my knowledge that the sis has just accepted a job offer in China. I am very pleased with the prospect of outsourcing all my holiday planning to her. Very promising. Excited sigh. I am also hoping to convince a few other people to take a short holiday somewhere cheap and somewhere near, some time soon. Inshallah, I hope it works out. Till then, it is goodbye from me. In case you miss me, I'll be dusting my shelves and assembling my coffee table, and basically, ruining a perfect weekend by doing loads of work. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

19 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Reminds me of tha very true line I read somewhere: 'Why is there so much month left at the end of the money?'

6:46 PM  
Blogger MC said...

I hope you won't mind me commenting on your blog daily...(Well, till you come back from wherever)...But anywhoo how many languages do you know?! You're soo smart...>.<, but, omg I love Ikea furniture. They're so pretty!

[My friends tell me I talk to myself daily x.x ]

6:49 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

How do you make sighs sound so interesting? Sigh

7:16 PM  
Blogger San said...

sigh ;)

at least you have a working mobile - mine died on sunday :(

oh and yes come study in the UK i'm sure you would find many things to sigh about here

7:18 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Here's on more sigh for you ;-)

Just left close friend at airport on her way to phoren shores and got back home to look forward to my weekend classes! What fun - hope your weekend is more fun!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

you seem to go from one holiday to another! lol.

7:48 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

:) we should most definitely meet up sometime 'soon'!! :p

4:20 PM  
Blogger jhantu said...

sigh!! damnt it, one more sigh

1:38 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

lol. can i sigh as well here, or is only the post-person allowed to sigh? *grin*

2:23 AM  
Blogger Inkblot said...

please eat xialongbau in the alleys and not in a fancy place in shanghai- you can still get tons for 5 yuan. and post some pics of coffee table et al when its preened to satisfaction. lol

10:42 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

WT,
Well spoken my friend, very well spoken!

MC,
I am wondering how you deduced from my post that I am smart...

EU,
Oh well, the world is an amusing place, isnt it?

San,
Buy a new one! The LG chocolate, maybe?

Gee,
Weekend wasnt too bad. Tiring, but good.

Jingu,
The Shanghai holiday is being planned for November. Long long way to go :(

Aristera,
Finding travelmates is so difficult these days! Why do you think I need to get friends from Jo'burg and HK to come, when I have some many in Singapore? Sigh.

Aparna,
Yes dear, will call you. Plis to fargive. Have been too busy.

Jhantu,
And you are sighing because...?

LivingHigh,
No no, it seems to be an open bar. Anyone can sigh for anything ;)

Inkblot,
Yes yes, photos will come next weekend. Still waiting for the lounge chairs to arrive.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop sighing!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Sigh... so many things to do no...

9:47 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

my thats a lot of categories of sighs to compete with teh categories of relationships...
but i know what you mean about that.... i only stopped comparing a year ago...

10:26 PM  
Blogger San said...

yep new phone arrives tomorrow - K800i baby!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jups,
:p

Me,
Too many. Far too many.

Karuna,
Thank god you did. When I look back, I think I was so extremely silly to do so.

San,
Awesome. Though I'm not a Sony Ericsson person, I'm sure its a good one!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hey...
trip to shanghai sounds nice..
I just returned last weekend from a 3 day trip to singapore and had a blast!...was having withdrawal symptoms at work...yyukk!
And shanghai is next on my list too!

5:58 PM  
Blogger jhantu said...

because sighs are infectious and contagious, didnt u know that

4:52 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ekta,
Cool stuff! Hope Singapore was nice to you :)
When are you off to Shanghai?

Jhantu,
I thought yawns were contagious, but if you say so...

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home