Monday, July 24, 2006

Yellow Woods

Oh well. The blogging frequency has taken a drastic downturn. A few factors to blame for it. But firstly, let me do something I dont usually do... flog a dead horse. Yes yes yes, I think I need to explain my previous post (if you can call it a post, that is!). It is not a complain about 24 hours being too less. It isnt about how there is too much work to do everyday, and not enough time. It is about the choices that are available to us these days, and how, regardless of how well we manage time, we can never avail all sides of our choices. It is about the stress of infinite opportunities. I could either take driving lessons, or salsa classes or study or party, over the weekend. I cant do all. More decisions we make, more roads we leave untraveled. And sometimes, we wish we could take all the roads...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
- Robert Frost


Anyways, now that I have gone ahead and written a page to explain a line, for which there was no need in the first place, let us move on.
*dusts hands off*

Last week, a lot of things changed. I joined the new team, and to say that I am loving it, would be an understatement. The work at hand, combined with the enthusiasm and efficiency of the team had me in awe. It also had me sitting infront of a new PC, which doesnt allow me to download any messenger, and is in full public view. Also, given the initial steep learning curve, I was keeping quite busy with handovers, trainings and meetings. And surprisingly, I have no complains. (Incase you are wondering how I still manage to blog, well, I type posts in my email first *wink*)

Fingers have been crossed, uncrossed and are now getting frustrated with the delay in CFA results. Yes, the same exam I sat for in June and whined and whined about. I must be the only fool eagerly awaiting the results. Simply because I need to make some decisions based on the outcome. Needless to say, a lot of things would fall into place if I were to pass it. So pray for me honey. I know you will.

The apartment makeover has started in bits and pieces, and will be done with full gusto this weekend. I promise pictures of my room by month-end, if the makeover turns out well. If not, we will all pretend we never spoke of it, okay? And talking of month-end... sigh, my birthday month is coming to an end, and I still havent used any of those hundred priveleges and discounts I am entitled to in July. Damn, and double damn.

There is a lot more I want to blog about... things I have been thinking of, questions I have been asking. But for now, I need to run off to grab lunch and buy a couple of tulips for my workdesk. Pink nonetheless ;)

15 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Tulips are nice. :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Garima said...

pink tulips..vsh i cud too have them at work desk..**Sob Sob**

12:25 PM  
Blogger Apy said...

Good luck fr your result dear...

1:10 PM  
Blogger San said...

I am planning to decorate my room this month - its a small shoebox so any decor tips would be appreciated :D

oh and post me some colourful tulips to brighten my dull desk!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging in email... hmmm... nice tip. Thank you!

When's the birthday though?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

WT, Garima,
Quite an anti-climax there. The florist ran out of tulips, so I got red gerbas instead.

Apy,
Thanks! Really need it!

San,
Mirrors and lamps... that is what I am going for in my shoebox :)

SS,
I am expert at finding loopholes. And the birthday was on 1st July... long over.

9:30 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Good luck girl, and have fun.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Archster said...

do post abt how happy u are when ur results come out! im sure ull do great.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hey well,
all the best for ur CFA results!
Hope u crack it!:-)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow
so nicely put

3:25 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

You keep beheaded flowers on your desk!! Gross!Leave them alone in their plants, I say!
:-)

P.S: Just putting a different perspective in. :-))

5:12 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Thanks.

Archster,
Pressure, pressure..... dont do this to me. NOW if you dont hear about the results for a good few weeks, you'll know why ;)

Ekta,
Too much pressure now. Damn... not a good idea to announce it here, now was it? :p

Aristera,
Because there are other things already planned out for next year, and I just have these 6 months to pursue things in my free time.

Paheli,
You are being very generous with compliments there :)

Jingu,
Oh well, someone makes a living out of those flowers. And I am quite clear on this... cruelty to animals and plants is an issue which comes AFTER well-being of humans ;)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

photos of the house?! but the house is sacred! sacred I say!

lol.. ;)

4:29 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

About a month late, but belated happy birthday, neverthless! :-)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
This, coming from the lady who has her own photo on her blogger profile? :p

Aparna,
Thanks dear!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home