Quick note
I cant decide between 'The Desi outside The Desh' and 'Stop! We are the Proud Indians' for the title of my book which I will write some day to analyse the psyche of the Indian expatriate, who by the way, is a specie worth post-doctoral research.
Anyways, the good news is (for those who were wondering after reading that first line of the post) that I am not drunk. The work stress might be getting to me, but as far as I can remember, I have not consumed any alcohol in the last 24 hours. And rum cake doesnt count. *hic*
So what were we talking about? Ah yes, my book. Now that the title is done, we shall have a befitting opening to the book. It shall read:
The midnight candle flickers on my bedside,
and ghosts from my life dance in its shadow.
And thanks for asking, I am neither drunk nor high. I think this line is superbly brilliant. It came to me, like a deer walks into its trap - unexpectedly, unknowningly and quickly. It came to me when I was lying in bed and the last of the tealight was going up in smoke. Okay, so the deer analogy is quite a bit of rubbish. But that is okay. This blog has a habit of showing its crazy side to you once in a while.
Now I shall run away to attend the scores of meetings that I have to attend to earn a living. If you feel sorry for me, please send a cheque by mail.


23 Comments:
Address please? no not for the cheque... will send in another rum-cake... :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...You are such a looseh. Such. A. Looseh. :D
lets go dutch on the cheque... lets share it so i wont bug u anymore with tales of my pathetic existance :|
:>
I really want to know what was in that rum cake..and send it over dear..too much for you is injurious to health.
How much shall i fill in the cheque?
Woah...I just realized the white font is real hard on the eyes against the black background...>_<
Ahh well..^-^ anywhoo the cake!! Yes that reminds me...It was one of my church friend's birthday on Sunday and all the Youth got her a cake and it sort of tasted like wine...But it was nice!! Real yummeh!!
ROTFLMAO :-D
why would anyone feel sorry for u...
is what i dont get...
no i aint meaning i wanna be in ur shoes...but hey i m not sorry for u either :P
in fact i love the way this busy-ness gets the sense of humour (if i can dare to call it that) out of u...hehehe
cheers
Its been ages ...How are you
Aparna,
Okay, send a cute delivery guy along with the cake as well :D
WT,
That looseh better not mean loser :p
And of all people, you shouldnt be talking... you drunk lowe poet :p
Raven,
Oh but I like to hear tales of other's pathetic lives as well... what to do, we are like that wonly.
EU,
Do not look to becoming crazy like me. Do not, do not.
Jay,
You sound generous. Can I ask for a million?
MC,
Wine is yummmmmy, no doubt. And why the sudden complain about the font? :p
Gee,
Humko aata hai gussa unki hasi par,
unko aati hai hasi humare gusse par...
Or some such meaningless thing :p
Red,
Some sympathy, sistah! And I am overworked and underpaid right now... pay checks are more important than that overrated sense of humour anyway :p
Nasra,
Surviving...
Somewhere on me blog in some commentspaceI explained what 'looseh' meant. It means you have a couple of screws in your head loose. Muhahahahaha!!!! I mean that in a nice way of course! :P
you're funnay. i'm feeling very affectionate about bloggers at the mo. pardon the excitement. but you're funnay. :D
*sheepish grin*
>_<
I was too slow to notice it until now...
as soon as i read the last line, i was going to ask for your address so that i can send someone to stalk you the rest of your life (hehe).. but aparna beat me to it.. grr!
Actually you seem to be having the withdrawal lows rather on a high!
:-)
Talking about ghosts of your life, eh?
And still unable to blog at the pace you used to?
WT,
Yes I do remember that explanation... but just wanted to make sure ;)
And it is just 'loose' with a tamil accent isnt it? :p
Scout,
Oh, please feel free to show both affection and excitement. This blog will also try to get affectionate and excited in return :D
MC,
Hehehe... maybe you need to change your monitor display settings?
Cowlick,
Wow, I am a celebrity! People are asking for my address! Woohoo!
Jingu,
Work is tiring these days... so many thoughts to put on the blog, so little time. Sigh.
Hey...all the best Casa for the scores of meeting... :)!
Beautiful first two lines though I wish to ask you - The ghosts of your life dance in whose shadow? The candle's shadow or your life's shadow?
Err...I'm not drunk either. Psst...I NEVER drink.
Did anyone send you a cheque yet? If anyone did, I might consider writing a similar request on MY blog !!
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
Do ALL bloggers want to write a book these days? I thought I was the only one! :(
wooooo... rumcake and all, eh?
hehehe.. there's this delightful lil place in bandra (bbay) which serves up the hunkiest liquor pastries, like whiskey mousse cake, brandy brownie torte, kahlua torte, etc etc etc.
sprised, no one's discovered a way of putting beer in a pastry - now DAT wud deserve a LARGE cheque! *grin*
The midnight candle flickers on my bedside,
and ghosts from my life dance in its shadow.
*hmm..if I was a publisher I would put it down right there..can u say "Kaavya Vishwanathan"
Sad to say it's very unoriginal, not inspiringly brilliant.
Probably came to you like a flash similar to the headlights of a car that blinded the deer before running it over.
I do not quite understand what you are trying to convey here. Are you implying that the title of your book is a stupid one and people( who apparently you believe are absolutely awestruck with your literary skills) will try to convince themeselves that you were high on alcohol when you christened your new book? Or are you trying to convey that the name is an absolute state of the art masterpiece and the alcohol's adrenaline stimulating effect should not be given any credit?
Anyway, are you really that busy that you have to sneak out from your work time to scribble something out to inflict pain on mankind? If you are really that busy then please go ahead and enjoy your "scores of meetings" and if all you are doing is pretending, then please STOP. And do not blog while at work, the company can sue you for "scores of reasons".
Chitra,
Thanks... I'm sinking slowly :(
Guns,
Dont steal my fund-raising ideas :p
And no cheques. No rum cakes even. Sad wonly, no :(
Chatter,
Plis to not take everything said on this blog seriously. And if ever I do write, I wont publish it, so there :)
LH,
Wow, must visit this place when in Mumbai. And well they dont put beer in cakes, but they sure have beer-batter fried fish and beer-bbq chicken and the like. So where's my fat cheque now, huh huh? :D
Will Turner,
Oooooo... you compared me to a published author... albeit a controversial one, but published nonetheless. I am flattered :D
Now run along, and be a pain to Jack Sparrow. Go, go.
Deadly,
Aaawwwww kid, you amuse me there, calling yourself Deadly and watnot. Awwww, they grow up so quickly.
PS: If I didnt inflict pain on mankind with my posts, you wouldnt get a chance to inflict pain on us, wouldya?
PPS: And readers here arent awestruck with my literary skills. They just love me to bits. Muahahhahahahaa :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home