Thursday, March 30, 2006

What's in a name?

Wokay!

Let this be the warning sign:
If you dont have a sense of humour, please do not read this post!

Hmmm... that was subtle. So here goes... in alphabetical order, my cynicism and sarcasm (on your lurvly blogger names, which you spent hours thinking about), poured into shot glasses. Yup, small portions will have to do ;)

Aristera - For someone who cant even spell correctly in english, he digs into greek to call himself an 'Aristocrat'? Modesty has been lost for ages now, I think...

BluegreenflySPLAT - So you sit around whole day 'makkhi-maro-ing'. So you want all of us to know that. So you think you are being funny??!!

Burf - And then this colder-than-cold blogger claims that he lurvs sunshine. Ya right! He needs to thaw and melt away...

Casablanca - She has never visited Morocco, yet chooses to name herself after their exotic french city? Desperate attempt to sound posh. Such a wannabe!

Drops of Jupiter - For all those who didnt believe her claim that she isnt exactly...er.. thin, ever wondered why she chose to name herself after Jupiter, the biggest planet of all?

EducatedUnemployed - Seriously dahling, this is a blog, not an employement bureau. Stop trying to double this up as your job application.

Jinguchakka - You either think that you belong to some tamil mafia, or you are some kind of a wheel (chakka in hindi!). Either way, I just wanna know WHY you would do this to yourself??

Point 5 - A very pathetic attempt to let us all know that you were a 5-pointer at an IIT. Err, so what? Or does 0.5 indicate you are just half a person? Where is the rest of you?

Sanity Starved - Okay, its very nice of you to be so honest and all. We appreciate it. But that is a description. NOT a name. Ever learnt grammar in school?

Wishfulthinker - Whether its about alcohol or love, he never *ever* thinks before he blogs! Maybe he should change it to Wishfuldrinker....


And that folks, shall be all. Please note that if you plan to sue me for defamation, I have a lawyer ready. So incase anyone is wondering why I didnt shoot down the Archster, its because I need her for them lawsuits!

40 Comments:

Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Lol!

Nice post. With datclaimer and all. Nice to see that the 'official blog-stalker' ain't mentioned ;)

But since we're on the topic, some dudes were confused by 'aknowkneemoose', some dudes said 'you twist stuff too much' one said 'ear bleed', and some dames said 'cute' :p

Me first? Let's see :D

1:30 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

"What's in a name?", eh? Hmmm. reminds me of an email... ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

A name is but a name.

I'm sooo glad, I wasn't mentioned. Phew!! You so cute :p

1:38 PM  
Blogger twip said...

yayyyy! I wasnt mentioned!
Considering the fact that I have the MOST ridiculous handle of all....
*slaps her hand to her mouth*
*hasty exit*

2:10 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Moose,
Oh well, if I knew what your name meant, or atleast tried to mean, I would have included you in the list. The best I can decipher is 'A moose who knows his knees'. Is it?

Me,
Ooooo... thought of including you in the list, and would have served a shot in the commentbox, but since you called me 'cute', you'll be let off. Compliments always work :D

Megha,
Hmmm... looks like I'll have to do a sequel to this post. So many that I missed out ;)

2:14 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Awesome.You have a brain or a fertile field up there?I am amazed at what you come up with.*Cackles* I am hoping with my all my desperate blogging some one might just about give me a proper job.LOL!*holding hands up in the air and praying to the lord*

2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ACCCCKKKKKK!!

here i was thinking.. "ha.. what could possibly be funny about Drops of Jupiter..its the loveliest nick ever"

Tsk tsk.. I feel rotund now..

Achtung! I know where you live..muaahahahaha

2:43 PM  
Blogger burf said...

"the Archster"

and ppl are mud-flinging at other's attempts at names [nouns] :p


yea melts away into exotic french wine ;)

:D

4:42 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Erm... finally those-who-have-been-named-and-defamed arrive :D

EU,
Merci merci, for being such a sport :)
And here's hoping you get that full time job you've been wishing for!

Jupiter,
Hahaha... which is why I took preventive cover. You were warned on chat, and I was given the go-ahead. You CANT do anything!
*calls up the lawyer discreetly*

Burf,
Snow melts into water, mixes with mud, to form slush. Dream on about turning into wine ;)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Apy said...

*comes running*
Huff!! Apy aint too late today n happy that he s not in list...phew... af all what cd u do with such a short n sweet name like this.. hehe.. anyways .. nice post dude !!!
*now feeling that he said too much*

5:51 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

WHAT! WHAT! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm the official blog stalker, and yet you know not what my name means! This is UNFAIR!

GRRRRRRRRRR! Now I'm gonna have to ask Archster to be my attorney! ;)

I did tell you quite a few posts back that it's "A know knee moose" = a no ny mous!

as for the previous comment with "nice post dude" => rofl, rofl, rofl!

Serves Casa right for not knowing what aknowkneemoose meant! ;)

6:04 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

*still rofl*

"nice post dude"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

guffawing heard all the way from HK to S'pore, I'm sure ;)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Garima said...

Ur description for every bloggers name makes me think.. shud i'v also had sm unusual title so as to be there in ur POST?? 1derful post & i really njoyed it..gus sense of humor..

6:36 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That had me in splits man!!! :D Wishfuldrinker! I loved that! And maybe I'll just change my nick to that! :D

7:07 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

hehe. fun post.
and happy bday to Bear.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

I love this post! :-)
Though you could've done without taking a potshot at your own name. You think that gives you a neutral unbiased look? Underline that you are not above making fun of yourself? :-)
More acid could've made this post even better. :-)
And where's Khizzy?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Apy,
Yup, cant do much with Apy, can we :p
And yes, you have said too much. Infact you have called me "dude", and people cant stop laughing about that!!

Moose,
Ah, forgot that explanation for your name... twisted, but well, I dare not say more about names now.

Garima,
Yup, can hardly make fun of real names, given that your parents chose them for you ;)

Wishful,
If you do change it, I'll charge for the creative input ;)

LH,
Ah, shall include your name in the sequel to the post? ;)

Jingu,
Oh well, I guessed someone might have the urge to say something about 'Casablanca' after reading this, so I might as well have the fun myself :D
And why would I make fun of Khizzy? Its a real name :p

Cherie,
Yup, such nice sports! Hope they others will be too :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger totti said...

what the...*looks around* ...i didnt we were allowed to do that? ..umm...wait a minute..let me get my reams of dont-post-comments out then..brb :p

11:02 PM  
Blogger Prince K. said...

Ah, you are truly nice not to include me in this very thingumnnay cullaed poast{ Ah, it seems the Haryon's mind is chaotically upturned and jumbled}
yadayafaya

11:11 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Point 5 is not half a person. Just half a gender. :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

It gives me more pleasure to c Totti's name not in the list, than seeing my name in it :)))

By the way, my blog name comes from my nickname from IIT..although the reason for the name is really whacky

11:38 PM  
Blogger the Monk said...

alright, that was fun...seriously, any more?

12:11 AM  
Blogger KM said...

*standing ovation*

i was bored at that point(having absolutely zilch to say)...and not really with my work.work is getting more and more exciting, with another trip coming up!
woopdeedoo!

after the first...ill be less secretive!
:)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
Still waiting for one of those dont-post-comments ;)

Kazarelth,
Dont be too happy about being spared. I must just do a sequel to this :p

Anarkist,
Hehehehehe... now I shall not comment on that. But pray, how did you find out? ;)

Pointy,
Hehe, why would you want to see shitty names in the list anyway ;)
As for the origin, kind of figured out that its an IIT reference.

Lazy Leo, Monk,
Thanks. Might just get tempted to do a sequel ;)

Khizzy,
*takes a bow*
Hehe, enjoy business travel. Sounds like you are having loads of fun!

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I did learn grammar in school. Only that I realize now that there is no English teacher on Blogger to cut marks for that.

Feeling-not-so-Sanity-Starved, O Not-post-but-Pretty-Casablanca ;)

*Thanks for at least acknowledging that I know my ABCs. The arrangement helped finding mine.*

4:12 AM  
Blogger Apy said...

Ah.. yep i can see people laughing their heads off.... was that 'THAT' funny..din realise a simple typo cd make someone that happy :P.. Well Apy happy that someone s happy... :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Aristera,
Awwww.... I thought yours was the best ;)
*waves a white flag*

SS,
You mean posh-but-pretty right?
Hehehe... and you are starved of sanity, not intelligence I think :)

Apy,
But I am not happy with the typo :p

10:37 AM  
Blogger Garima said...

yeah....u r rt i knew it. neways the song is really too goud & i even myself vshed to play it on my blog but cudnt get the song on net..frm where u got it?

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D Yes, Pretty Casablanca!

I will take that as a compliment. Thank you! :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Apy said...

Hmmmm.. Well All i can say is .. No matter how hard Apy tries.. wont be able to make everyone happy .. today is his day.. will make ur day some other day .. peromise..pakka waala.. :D

2:21 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

ROTFL! This one's one of your best, casa. You rock when you kick people's asses! (Of course, I'm glad you haven't kicked mine, but then again my blog has the definition of my name on it. *collars up in conceit*)

7:47 PM  
Blogger alice said...

yay...!!!!my name's not there.... :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Garima,
All of Jhankaar Beats' songs are available on bollyfm.net :)

SS,
Anyone who can run a marathon deserves compliments and respect!
*salutes*

Apy,
Okay, will wait for 'my' day :p

Cowlick,
Hehe... kicking people's asses is fun sometimes, but shhhhh... dont tell everyone ;)

Alice,
Awww... want me to include it in the sequel? ;)

2:16 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

omg i *love* it!!!! i nearly falled off the chair laughing!!!

btw, i didn't think for hours. it just came to me. really. genius it is.

(and ryc:honesty is very objective these days.)

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Casablanca!

I was absolutely thinking of complimenting you, beautiful Casablanca. Didn't quite expect such a turnaround (I was expecting "Interesting... Hmmm"s, you know :p)

Well, that does feel good. Thank you :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

Hey casa,
Hilarious one!lol!
Me, me!
I want a funny one on me too!!!!:-)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Bgfs,
You are a sport, arent you :D
It just came to you? How??

SS,
Oh well, I've been thinking of doing the quarter marathon for a couple of years... hopefully will do the Dec 2006 in Singapore.

Ekta,
Hehe... cant make fun of proper names no? Cant laugh at your parents, can I ;)

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Neat. Do let me know if you want to know anything.

Sorry, will get serious this time. But, yes, I do know running very well. Quarter as in 10K? Races are fun. Good days spent well outside. Don't mind going to the doctor/physio/coach if in doubt, or if it hurts. Enough advice. But have fun!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

In any event, theres not much you can say about the Archster.

No wait. I think our current arrangement is quite alright ;)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

SS,
Yup, 10k it is. Will definitely bug you for help once I start training. Thanks :)

Archster,
Yup yup, you dont want my crazy brain to try ;)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home