Monday, March 27, 2006

6 days.. and mixed feelings

I'm counting down days now... there was a point in time that I had gotten very attached to Hong Kong and my life here, but right now, I'm ready to let go. It was a great 7 months. Not just because of the shopping, the fun, the friends. It was much needed change. It was a much needed exercise of self-discovery. And reinvention, to some extent. I've been harping on how much I've changed over the last few months... how when I go back to Singapore this saturday, a lot of people might find me a very different person from what they knew. But it just hit me a couple of days back, that I am not the only variable in the equation that would have changed. Time changes everyone... well, almost everyone. And 7 months is a long time. I'd be foolish to assume that my friends havent changed, and that I wont be surprised on meeting them. Some of them, I've been in frequent touch with, so the surprise will be lesser. Some, I'm sure, will knock the ground from below my feet. And yesterday, one of them told me, change isnt always bad... and I'm hoping I'll believe it even more now.

16 Comments:

Blogger burf said...

did i say something about change? ;)

:p :D

5:35 PM  
Blogger Extempore said...

Sweet Christ! Am actually first here - if someone else doesn't post while I am typing.

Your friend is right. Change has a way of cutting out the crap - with us and with our friends. And the changes you've felt will come into even sharper focus when you meet with anyone/thing/place that you've let go off.

Let it wash over you. It worked quite well for me - after two years of refusing to accept the change! What can I say, I am a slow child. :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Burf,
Your comments usually leave me very, very confused :p

Extempore,
Someone did post actually, but it doesnt matter ;)
Trust me, I'm not only slow, I'm a clinger. But I'm learning to accept :)

Aristera,
Really? Seems quite short to me in hindsight :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

CASA!!! U R GOING BACK TO SG?? COOOOOOLL!

Means i can meet ya once im back in singapore!!! =)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

good luck for singapore.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Yup yup yup! Hopefully you will find time off from Perth to visit home soon :)

Zii,
Thanks.

8:51 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Seven months is long. Seven months is a blink of an eye. But like I said, screw time. I remember reading somewhere that things don't change, you change your way of looking that's all. Okbye now.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Will blogging undergo any change once you are in Singapore?

2:00 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

it is a long time. long long time. but change is good sometimes. neil road is in singapore. www.bodhiart.in
the address is there. i somehow thought you were in s'pore, but i spose you will get there.

yea it was me took the pic.

2:29 AM  
Blogger twip said...

7 months is pretty long....but change is never bad....unless youve changed drastically on the physical front...like gain 300 pounds or something...which Im sure you havent:D
So youll be just fine....trust me:)

2:29 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

True, things would have changed.You are in for surprises as you wouldn't know what that change is, but still I think you are prepared.Take things in your stride and enjoy the change of winds.

Tsk tsk.....for those who were giving gyan..the saying is Change is the only constant.Me giving double gyan.MUHAHHAHAHA

3:37 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Cherie,
Oh we do. We *so* do :)

Wishful,
Yup, sometimes 7 months does seem like a lifetime, and sometimes it seems to have whizzed by. Sigh.

Vikram,
As EU pointed out, change is the only thing 'constant'. But thanks for the gyaan anyway ;)

Jingu,
Cant say for sure... maybe the frequency might decrease a little, but surely blogging will continue :)

Phal,
Will visit the place for sure. I was in Singapore till August, and will be back there this weekend. Will let you know how the art is :)

Megha,
300 pounds? Hehehehehe. Yup, I swallowed a dinosaur. And had a godzilla for dessert, for good measure :D

EU,
Yup, thankfully in some ways, I'm prepared. Looking forward to it now. Going home, I mean :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Plzz tell me this one gazillionth post on your feelings on leaving that place will be your last one,
somebody put my feelings more famously as one of the better known lines from Reservior Dogs ;)

10:06 AM  
Blogger totti said...

:)..yeah..each time i meet up with some old friends i think how they would feel about the new me? the more refined totti ?:p..it is a good deal of surprise when i meet them..how much they have changed or lack of it

10:21 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

this is deja vu..i just posted on my bookselection blog, and the title was mixed feelings :)

oh change is good eventually..else you would complaint about everything always being the same. Eventually its all good..:)
btw i have to ask you, how do you link songs to your blog?
nice song, which movie is it?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rohan,
No, you shall be tormented with another gazillion sappy posts? You gotta a problem, precious?
PS: Sometimes, the bark is worse than the bite. *grunt*

Totti,
Refined? How adorable. Now will the newer, better you do me a favour? Go and kill Mr.Kumar and save humanity from his evilness ;)

Vikram,
Yup, 'silly' is the operative word. When you are up for a 'real' fight, lemme know ;)

Ligne,
www.sanitystarved.blogspot.com has an elaborate post on linking music. Dont forget to thank him when you go there :)
Song is from 'Jism'.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home