Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tomorrow?

The problem with planning your life is, that you dont know how long to plan for.

The moment I start looking at my life beyond this year, I am flooded with questions.
What role do I want to switch to within the company?
When do I want to do an MBA?
Where do I want to do an MBA?
Why do I want to do it?
What kind of job do I want after that?
What is my dream job?
How hard do I want to work?
Where do I want to work?
When do I want to marry?
When do I plan to move back to India?
Do I plan to move back to India?
Do I want to do something different?

Where is my life headed?
Had avoided this question a few months back... its back to haunt me.

I feel very confused today, about tomorrow.

34 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Damn, me first again!!!! :D The only gyan I'm going to give you is go have a drink. Or ten. It might not solve your problem about tomorrow but hey, it always good fun! :D

2:45 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

Dont think too much, don't plan too much. Most things about life are unexpected :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Beer might do the trick...really !!!

muaaaahhhh (for the song)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
I am wondering how you are the first to comment everyday :p
And should have known what 'gyaan' you will give... drunkard! ;)

Aparna,
But if we want something, we need to plan, no?

Raul,
Beer might do the trick
Its something like... you can run, but you cant hide :(

3:26 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

welcome to the club... you're definitely not alone!

guess the only thing I can add is the answers will come to you in time but incase you get them before me, please pass on the gyaan

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

'I feel very confused today, about tomorrow."

Just like most others.

PS: Configuration complete. Communication channel thrown open, signal feeble from the other end though. ;-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Some food for thought...Casa ur much more organised than I am :) cos I dont even think abt these Qs much...I think Im like Vodafone - No Plans :)


We have to plan certain things in life, but planning has mostly made a laughing stock outta me...so now I just have a rough idea of what I will do abt my near future, but I dun plan too much...

Take it as it comes :)

beautiful Hindi song u have on btw....


Keshi.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Big Man,
But what if time runs out? I feel will every passing day time is slipping through my fingers... :(

Jay,
Glad to have company!

Keshi,
I think Im like Vodafone - No Plans
That really cracked me up!
Sometimes I wonder if taking things as they come is too passive a thing to do...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

I am impressed. I don't plan even for the next minute. And here you worry about next year, career, marriage.....
That's really something.
Atleast to a sloth like me.
All the best.

4:10 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

Yeah true, we need to plan if we want something. But i guess just dont set your heart on it and if something unexpected happens, take it as it comes :)

I guess it all comes down to ones survival instincts...

Hokay, getting all serious here! Will stop. :P

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

=)join the club

4:46 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jingu,
:) As I said, time seems to be running very fast, and I need to decide what all I want to do before its too late.

Aparna,
Yup I am okay with taking as it comes... sometimes though the questions do bother. And feel free to get all serious here. I do it all the time :D

Jupiter,
You my dear, are one of the culprits! No more MBA talk with you, lest I get more psyched :p

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good questions to have. Much rather have these than say, Shit! Gotta fix it now. Which is, of course, me :D

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get those questions it means your problem is half solved

8:31 PM  
Blogger Garima said...

Hi.. 1st time on ur blog. pretty lovely write ups..It really potraits ur mood Girl. Keep doing.
Well i got to ur blog frm Raul's & just clicked to hear the song ...
hey plz may i have the pleasure to know abt it.. how u managed to get it??
Cheers

8:37 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

Hey casa,
Chill...there will ALWAYS be tonnes of questions which you will have no answers to...and thats what life is about I guess...if we had all the answers...we'll be god right?:-)...
Idea is to keep searching and thats what the journey of life is all about!:-)
All the best and keep the search on!

9:14 PM  
Blogger XVSA013 said...

lucky you ... you have so many things ...

10:02 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

SS,
Haha... hoping NOT to reach that stage :)

Green,
Really? But what if after being questioned, I choose to ignore them? ;)

Garima,
The song is 'Tinka Tinka' from Karam. You can use 'embed' HTML tags in your template to play music too :)

Anand,
Yup.. I guess we cant have all the answers at once. And too much planning takes away from the adventure of life, no?

Mowgli,
So many things??

10:20 PM  
Blogger Himavan said...

Most of us do start journeys without knowing destinations. I think its good to have such thoughts because

Your Thoughts Build Your Life
"What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind."
----The Buddha

10:46 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

yesterday today and tommorow are written about...
monday and tuesday next?

11:24 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

I damn well can relate to that. Just look further, but not too far into the future.

I guess its about prioritizing right? Work, Studies, Work, Marriage, blah blah blah or something like that..

I'm still thinking when i'd be able to get back to studying :p

12:49 AM  
Blogger Lavanya said...

All the best dear. Remember, your future is safe in God's keeping but you can live only one day at a time:-) Follow your heart!

2:45 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

This was the song playing when I first got hooked to your blog.Ah such sweet memories.I wished I could give you some gyan.Am equally lost...:(

6:51 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

my current rommie about 19 years of age was worried that she had no idea what she will do with her life..unlike my third roomie..who is graduating in engineering this year (has a job.. a bf to marry etc..)
and am thinking.. lord am 27 years old..and i have no idea what i will do with my life..
i mean i know what i want to do ..but in no way is there a real direction..!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**Sometimes I wonder if taking things as they come is too passive a thing to do...

ur right...but in the past I was into so much planning...n things went really well too..but since one unexpected event, I chose never to plan that much again...passive it may be but I can cope with the consequences of low expectations :)

Keshi.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Contended,
Our life is the creation of our mind
I would definitely like to believe so...

Zii,
What? Look at the calendar... next comes saturday and sunday :p

Vikram,
Alcohol. That's the solution I get from all of you. Useless. U-s-e-l-e-s-s :p

Me,
Yes that's the problem... to leave the attractive monthly paycheck and get back to studies is just not tempting enough.

Lavanya,
Follow your heart!
Yup, have usually done that...

EU,
Sometimes giving company is better than giving gyaan :)

Ligne,
Will it be mean if I find comfort in your misery? You know, misery does need company ;)

Keshi,
Yes sometimes too much of planning makes everything so perfect in our expectations, that its difficult to achieve.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Garima said...

Hello Casa,
well i m really not able to get it on my blog can u be more specific plz.. i'll be really very thankful to u for the kind help.
Cheers

12:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Garima,
Sanity Starved has done a very good deed.. he has written an entire blog post on adding music to a blog. Please check it out:
http://sanitystarved.blogspot.com/2006/01/embedding-music.html

And do remember to thank him ;)

4:10 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Hey you will always have the company.And however impossible or cliched this sounds, if there is anything I can do for you..I would be happy to do so..Just ask!

5:21 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

misery? I was trying to cheer you up saying there is absolutely nothing in wrong in being lost.. its quite enjoyable actually :) j/k..

btw for a long tiem I didnt realise j/k was short for just kidding.. for some reason i thought it meant jammu kashmir and was a sensitive issue.. !!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Been awhile here..just reading bits and pieces from your blog and to let you know that Im here...

Well to tell the truth at least you thought about the future I have no terms what is future ..it does not exist..I know something called today as everyday it becomes today

4:55 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

By the way the music is so effective ...went right to my heart ..though I have no idea what she says...it touched one of the cord of feelings

4:57 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Awww... you are a sweetheart! Really :D

Ligne,
Oh, I remember once Gee left a comment with j/k on my blog, and I had to ask her what it was. Now I am enlightened. So dont worry, you arent the only one :)

Nasra,
Yup, live in today. That's the best way to do it I guess :)
As for the music, its 'Tinka tinka' from the hindi movie Karam. Its got soul, isnt it? :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Oh Casa, its great knowing that you plan and do look back at ya life and see what u want them to turn out like in the days to come. To me its great stuff. at least you care about the good changes that should show up.

True when u said we just dun know how long to plan for..hahaha lest we know the day we die..ha!

well just plan in yearly in what you want to accomplish aite. Take one step at a time. Hope that helps.

I personally think plannin is good and seeing what you can do to make you shine brighter is awesome.

CHEERS TO THAT! *smiles*

U GO GIRL!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home