Confession Window
Double standards really get on my nerves sometimes. Aspirations should never be compared. Simply because, a noble aspiration doesnt make you nobler than me. Its like comparing apples to oranges. My present to your target future. Let's take a snapshot today. Let's talk about now. Because I'm judgemental enough to believe your 'target future' is going to change with time. And if you will judge me for being judgemental, really, how different are you from me?
So let me make it easier for you to judge me. I'm a capitalist, out and out. An opportunist. Materialistic. Judgemental. But atleast, I'm honest.
Your turn, now.


24 Comments:
I'm a shoe-whore. Pleasure to meet you, babe! ;)
Somone is upset!!
"Brownie"
Did that help? ;-)
Does it help to take the snapshot today, and then compare? Does it help to know you're "better", or even "as good, only different", only to look out to defend yourself against the next judgment that comes along?
You are who you are, I am who I am, and everyone is who everyone is.
Jupiter,
Come in, you look like one of us ;)
Jay,
Not upset actually... just putting some thoughts on paper.
Anshul,
Rightly said. We are all who we are, but some people refuse to accept that.
My turn?
I'm Casa's 'official' blog stalker. :p
Hmmm. Double standards. Well, even I have double standards at times. And then I lash out at others' double standards. So I'm trying to keep a check on mine first.
And yes. I'm honest too. But now a days... it ain't of no use. But at least my conscience doesnt trouble me.
All you say is fine. At the same time, just because one is honest in admitting that he/she is ..hmm.... capitalistic or whatever that stands for looked-down upon qualities, it doesn't make them holy.
And ofcourse just having nobler intention is not enough. You should practise.
You are not being hypocritical while some others are. That's all!
Time for a drink I think. :D
Moose,
As I said, I know I judge. And I can live with that. And I dont think honesty is for anyone else... its for ourself.
Jingu,
No, I dont want to be holy or noble. I'm pretty fine being shallow and unholy and bitchy ;)
Wishfulthinker,
Time you thought of something other than alcohol, I think :D
u need a drink...
Oh dear, now who's being a bitch to you? Chuck 'em in the sea, love, and let the sharks deal with the rest.
Incidentally, er, cannot resist mentioning...this:
I'm a capitalist, out and out. An opportunist. Materialistic. Judgemental. But atleast, I'm honest.
reminded me of this:
I'm love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to say it.
-Spike, BtVS.
What can I say, I'm a sucker for good bad boys :-)
you be okay, alright?
p.s.: i have returned.
*looks to the left, then right. leans forrward conspiratorially and whispers*
I'm all of those things you mentioned, I just didn't know how to spell any of the words.
Incidentally does one offer a shallow, unholy, materialistic huggy?
totally agree!
Very true. Really can't see how someone can't be judgemental. Everyone does put things into brackets. I guess, the question really is if you are comfortable with someone else having different brackets.
I hope whoever got you into this frame of mind is alive ;)
Alice,
:)
Rimi,
Naa... too much of a botheration chucking them in the sea. I'm bitchy, not witchy ;)
I'm a sucker for good bad boys
Tell me about it!
Bgfs,
And thrilled with your return, I am all okay and alright now :D
Babel,
Uh huh... student of literature doesnt know how to spell these words. Phunny. Very phunny :D
And hugs and all to you sweetheart. Anytime!
Prerona,
:)
SS,
Haha... the person is alive and probably unaware of my sentiments. I prefer not to confront people unless absolutely necessary. Rather use the blog as a punching bag and get it over with ;)
Honest thoughts Casa !
Cheer Up, Babes!! its life & u get to meet all types of cloros..isnt it?? U r rt at ur part..but every1 has his/ her own perspective rt?? i hope u agree wid me.. The Only solution to stay cool is DONT CARE... STOP caring (i myself , is on dont care..episode these days & no doubt it is working GUD !!) do whtever u feel is rt & best.
Cheers :-) :-)
you left out " and i am v.angry too"
That sounded like a bring-it-on challenge. Love this post - honest, sharp, biting, to the point. No string attached. Love it
Chitra,
Yup, they are.
Garima,
Yup, quite cool about it. Didnt get worked up or angry with the person. But had to put my thoughts down on paper, nonetheless :)
Zii,
Haha... not really. Irritated, but not angry :)
Cowlick,
Yup, its kind of that... I mean seriously, instead of people judging me, I'd rather judge myself. And be fine with it, no?
cudn't agree more or less casa.good point.All rise for Judge Mental :p (not you..err...)
Cherie,
Lassiez faire... trying, but cant let go all of it, can we :)
Totti,
And you my friend, are just Mental ;)
isnt it important to know who we are even we its not the norm or fashionable?
Ligne,
Yup it is. And I think others should accept it too. Not everyone can have similar aspirations.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home