Saturday, March 25, 2006

Scribbling on a grey saturday morning...

A scream rises
from the depths of my inside,
gathering steam on the way
and yet
when it reaches
its moment of fulfilment
I cant find the voice
to shout it out.
To let it out.
Or the will, perhaps,
to lend a word to it?
Disappointed,
it quietens
and waits within me
for another time,
another day,
when it will rise again.
Perhaps.

They tell me
my life is in my hands.
In the lines
of my palm maybe?
The mish-mash of them.
Like a web
they hold my future
and apparently,
my past.
My secrets, my history.
I clench my palms
even tighter,
trying hard to hold on to
my life.
Yet when I open them
the lines have escaped.
Like the steam that escapes
a scream, before it becomes
A scream.

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Yes, I feel like that too. Sometimes. The lines do work out in the end. Don't they?

Very well written.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Garima said...

Simply gr8.. as i started ..gradually it made me feel as if i m reading my thoughts...

My secrets, my history.
I clench my palms
even tighter,
trying hard to hold on to
my life.
Yet when I open them
the lines have escaped.
Like the steam that escapes
a scream, before it becomes
A scream.

BEAUTIFUL & how true...
Hats off to U!! Keep writing

3:56 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Yo !!!
Just got up sometime back and this was the first page I read...Serioudly thought that you are writing about your Coffee Machine :d :d The hangover is still there :(

But on reading it 2-3 time its begining to make some sense. Awesomely written....muaahhhh !!!

Can we be parteners when I open my publishing house ?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

SS,
In the end, of course, everything works out. But sometimes we dont have the patience to wait for the "end", isnt it :)

Garima,
Thanks. Will definitely keep writing :)

Raul,
I thought you were off alcohol for a few months? Hope you arent getting hangovers from coffee ;)
And I'm a partner for profits. You can bear the losses ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger twip said...

ahhhh....the first page I read when I wake up AND Im still in a weird stupor from the copious amouts of alcohol ingested yesterday, bleady.......
but I feel a little better after reading your poem....and thats saying a lot cos' I am a huge crab when Im hung over:D

loveloveloved it.:)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Good verse. I like raw jagged lines like these than mushy ones.

You blogging on a weekend! I like it!

11:06 PM  
Blogger KM said...

i relate.

:)
how u doin babe?
ive missed ur blog!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Megha,
Honoured to be the first-page-in-the-morning... hope it didnt confuse an already hungover brain ;)

Jingu,
Free verse is easy to write ;)
Weekend blogging - that's coz the weekend started with a grey and gloomy saturday morning. Just had to write something...

Khizzy,
You are really working hard! We dont get to see you much these days :(

12:50 AM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Really well written.

(Moose's pint sized brain didn't make it easy for him to grasp the poem :p)

Moose thought Casa's off the Net before midnight. Comment at 12:50am could mean she didn't try the seafood, and stayed up late imagining how it would've been if she had, and repenting not having tried it ;)

Please don't mind, Moose's brain does think up some really crazy stuff (proof being the previous paragraph :D)

4:08 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Awesome.Allow me to put some palmistry fundaes, on the left you have the past and on the right you have the future.So, you can hold the right tight, let the left go.*Smug philosophical smile*

yanyway, how is everything else? :)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

lovely song and lovely post

6:58 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

somehow the tighter you hold on..the quicker it disappears..
lovely poem..

12:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Moose,
Moose's brain does think up some really crazy stuff
Yup, pretty evident :p
PS: Seafood lunch got cancelled. Was replaced with mexican dinner instead.

Totti,
Ah, nice philosophical gyaan there :)
PS: What is everything else?

Prerona,
Thanks :)

Ligne,
Yup. But being human, its difficult to not give into the urge of holding on tighter, isnt it?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Disappointed,
it quietens
and waits within me
for another time,
another day,
when it will rise again.
Perhaps.

I wanna scream out loud too..and dont wanna supress it coz of any disappointment wht so eva...

Nice lines Casa...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

beautiful... and i will not comment about your experience. its your own. value it.

5:40 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Beautifully put.Quite heart-rending.

7:46 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Hope one day that steam won't run out at the last moment and you can let it all out and be reborn again. Or something like that anyway. Beautifully written to say the veryvery least.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Arz000n,
But sometimes its too much of an effort to scream out our emotions. To express. To explain. Isnt it?

RBT,
Yup, we all have our own experiences. And our own ways to deal with it.

EU,
Heart-rending it is...

Wishfulthinker,
Thanks. Reborn again... hmm, lets wait and watch :)

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da-am! i so am sure i put in a comment here. I remembered that i said i loved the poetry, and i asked you to visit the niel road gallery if you had time, and tell me what it looks like cos i've never been! and that one of my fav artists is showing... bose (thats at esplanade tho)

and thanks for the pic... it's my friends staircase. i wish i could live in a house with that staircase...

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful...

:)

1:44 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

the anon was me.Phal.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Now all we need is some music and we gotta great song....

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a catharsis eh? Very worrying dear...

10:55 AM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Aiyla...I slept listening to this song last night...too soothing...

And had lots of beer on friday :) :) For some reason I had to break that promise !!!

And btw are u bck in s'pore ?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Phal,
Where is Neil Road? Bombay? And did you take the photo? Its lovely!

M,
Thanks :)

Pointy,
*takes a bow*

Jupiter,
Its exaggerated of course, so dont worry too much :)

Raul,
Soothing, but sad as well.
Will be back in Spore on saturday.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home