I need help. No. Not THAT kind of help!
Too much of thinking is injurious to health. And while worrying about the future and solving life's 'big picture' jigsaw is all fine and dandy, you cant do it for too long. So all you dahlings who suggested I get a drink to drown these sorrows... thanks. But it was a little early in the week to start partying, wasnt it? *wink*
So I decided to get all shallow and enjoy the finer (read useless) things in life. And proceeded to spend an obscene amount of money on getting a manicure and pedicure. 'Obscene' amount because it costs almost 3 times more than it does in Singapore. But once in a while we can go pamper ourselves sweetheart, cant we? So I now have pretty fingers and toes with nails painted in a rich, deep purple. *ooh la la* Almost sinister ;)
Some impolite colleagues though, have asked me this morning why my nails are painted black. Oh you colourblind souls, its called p-u-r-p-l-e. I informed them of their disability while daintily
Talking about black, that is one colour on my mood ring that I had never seen. So my friend came up with the bright idea of refrigerating the ring to see the colour change. And the jobless kids that we were, we actually did that! Voila! Black as black gets. And when I excitedly informed Jupiter of our leetel science experiment, she asks - why? to know the mood of the eskimos? So much for being adventurous and inquisitive! That girl is working too hard. Waaaayyy too hard.
Yanyways, one of my colleagues has promised to drive me down to this scenic bayside village for a seafood lunch. Though I am totally excited about the view and the drive, I am a wee bit worried about eating 'fried squid head' and other such delicacies. Riiight. So now I need excuses to order bland food at an exotic seafood restaurant. Suggestions are welcome. Suggestions belonging to the category oh-you-must-try-everything are totally NOT welcome. Go fry your head, you sotong*!
So all these farewell lunches and dinners are being planned, and I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that people might actually celebrate my depature. Of course said suspicious feeling only lasts for a fleeting moment and is quickly done away with, knowing its *so* not true. I mean everyone loves me. How could I even think otherwise! *suitably traumatised look* Everyone adores me! **
So this is the time to show your love and adoration. I have 2 weeks to go, and I havent started packing yet! And that is because I just dont know where to begin. Cant pack up shoes yet... no no. Cant pack my clothes yet... no no. Oh well, cant pack up the knick knacks yet, because by virtue of being knick knacks, they can be thrown in to fill the spaces later and dont require proper packing. Okies... so all you einstiens and newtons, you can give me some good ideas. Or better still, a helping hand. Either will be appreciated. Brownie points will also be distributed. Incase the blogger is in an awfully good mood, actually brownies might also be available. Just imagine.
*Sotong - Malay word for squid. Also a colloquial way of calling someone stupid. Fried sotong head... get it? Get it? Heehee.
** A little white lie goes a long way. So just play along, will ya?


35 Comments:
1. Wait until 5 hours before your flight.
2. Prioritize your packing list
3. Start throwing things into suitcases.
4. Fly :)
As a side benefit, the least important (read useless) stuff will be left behind.
Hhmmm, packing huh... Guess it's already been mentioned, wait for a few hours before departure and Pack ;)
Fried Squid head.. sounds yummy, wouldn't a bit of salt n pepper help?
finally published eh?
Ya man working way too hard...tried this pair of mile high black stilettos and didn't buy them because they were not
"practical"... as if I have ever been practical. Sheesh.
and how can ur colleagues say black nails.. its not goth! sheesh
me too! 2 weeks. the drive sounds nice. will we get pictures?
Anshul,
You see, unlike you, my stuff doesnt deserve to be thrown around :p
How dare you suggest I leave behind any of my clothes or shoes?? You break my heart :(
Me,
NO! Eeewwww... there are actually people who think fried squid head is yummy? I have no respect left for you now. Sob sob :(
Jupiter,
And the Jupiter cares about 'practical'? Since when?? No no, just go and buy them. Dont ever throw them on me for suggesting this, but do buy them ;)
(Good deed of the day has been done. I feel great!)
Prerona,
Yes dear, pictures will come, if I am alive after deadly dinner. And you still havent told us. Where art thou moving to?
Okay, first of all, its never too early in the week to start partying ok? ok? ok. And packing? Figure out what youre wearing for the next two weeks and just chuck the rest into your bags man. Is that simple or is that simple? I'm waiting for the brownies. :D
i agree with wishfulthinker just pack what you plan to wear for the first few weeks and rest can be thrown in bags :)
you can always have professional packers to do it for you and more importantly while they're packing you can:
a) relax with a drink or two
b) make brownies for the deserving
c) do some last minute shopping
about lunch... you can always go for the more palatable fried prawns and steamed rice with tempura dipping sauce or chilli-garlic-herb mayonnaise... aah sure could use some of that myself ;)
Wishfulthinker,
You dont talk! You dont have to wake up early the next morning to go to work, hence everyday is friday for you! :p
Some people, I tell you. Tsk tsk.
And to decide what I *might* feel like wearing in the next 2 weeks aint that simple :(
Sangeeta,
Sigh... everyone seems to suggest this. Maybe I'll have to try this approach.
Big Man,
Oh that sounds good! Yes yes... I'll stick to fish and prawns and crabs. All of them, COOKED.
HAhah Packing..go figure...
My brownie points now????
And the jobless kids that we were, we actually did that!
Lol!
That apart... you need an excuse to order bland food, eh? Well, one reason Moose thought of is this: your taste buds are kaput since the past few days and you've not been able to enjoy the food you eat everyday; ergo, it would be injustice to the delectable sea food to try and eat it under such conditions.
Well, it *just* might work. You never know! :p
"Actual brownies"
Hmm, will think abt it, there is some motivation, considering the brownies involved!
Squids are fabulous. Their heads too! Have a beautiful lunch!
O! Beautiful "purple" toe nails! Love them! Nice sandals too! :D
EU,
My dear, you can have brownie points anytime, simply because you always offer to lift my spirits by being just an email away :)
Aristera,
Merci beaucoup. Actually about to bake some now... writing about brownies makes me wanna have some!
Moose,
Ummm... doesnt it take kids to do funny things like refrigerate a ring?? :D
And that's a good excuse... a little complicated, but it *just* might work. Just.
Jay,
Yes, so are you giving me a hand with my packing? Like they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Or a free brownie.
SS,
How can you eat someone's head?? Umm.. sorry... cannot digest!
And I can see the colour tutoring is showing fruits. You actually know 'purple' ;)
Just ask a good freind (since all of them adore
you so :) ) to come in with a bag and start filling up stuff. One of my friend did that to me when I was leaving the hostel (refused to pack till the last day) so he just got a back asked me whether I wanted this or not..and so on.. and out when half my stuff..rest in my suitcases..!
oye will you take suggestions for new song? try ek nazar mein bhi pyar hota hai from taxi 9211?
Nails are "Deep Purple"!
And are lips "Code Red"?
Let me know if it does work! :d
mm..dat was so freakin crazy..;)...dont do urpackin til last minute..then evrythin follows as a reflex action..u wud never kno wen its done..n wen u r on ur flight...
Oh yeah, deep purple nail paint sounds good! I like that! :D
Have you ever tried yellow nailpaint? It looks good with some big, fabulous ring on a nicely manicured finger :P
are you moving or something? anyway the best way to do it:
wake up at 5am, dont tell anyone, open your car's trunk, shove everything in your room into the car (might involve some squeezing, sitting on, kicking etc), shut the doors with great force, and go.
p.s. take a lot of good cd's for the road.
Ligne,
Butbutbut... there's nothing to throw. Trust me on that.
And yes I liked all the songs from Taxi No. 9211... wanted to play 'Bekhudi' on the blog but not able to find it online to link directly.
Jingu,
Hahaha... could be :D
Moose,
Will do :)
Ursjina,
I think it will be that way ultimately ;)
Aparna,
Havent tried yellow or green ever... but maybe sometime I will :)
Mind Curry,
Oh well, I'm flying from HK to Singapore, so stuffing everything in the car wont work. Need to pack suitcases, and pay for excess baggage as well :(
i m soooo late :(
koi na..
here s the POA
(Plan of Action dumbo.. i knew u wd ask.. so answered already.... smart me.. thanks)
"Planning" is the word. Tomorrow is sunday. so figure out wat clothes u wd like to wear in coming 2 weeks.(My suggestion choose ur favourites)
Put the rest in the bag and next weekend jus put this week's used clothes. Dont.. i repeat DONOT leave this work for next weekend coz i m sure u want to do a lot of shopping next week. (gals usually like to do that as per my experience) so tomrw is ur las day
I know I kno, u have received this suggestion earlier but cant help if some one else also thinks like me... not my fault u see.. n brownies ke liye ye jhol karna padta hai .. samjha karo
ok now i m waiting for the brownies... :D
well since u dt have to select,u gotto pack EVERYTHING so dt worry...u can start packing 2-3 dez b4...thats' of course if u r not too slow a packer!!!;-)
Hey forgot to compliment you on the song so came back just to say that...
Its Awesome!!!!
BTW, which movie is this??
Apy,
Good suggestion I say... I did spend some time sorting my clothes today. And now I'm off for some shopping ;)
Brownies have been baked. Please feel free to drop by for them :)
DEG,
Not slow thankfully, have packed too often to be slow ;)
Apy,
Its 'tinka tinka' from Karam :)
I STILL haven't been able to spend that obscene amount of money to color my hair - every time I enter the salon I chicken out :(
New around here! :)
But hmmmm, as far as packing is concerned, leave it till last minute! When you have a flight to catch in a few hrs, suddenly everything fits in the bags! *miracle, I tell you*. You might end up with no sleep the night before tho ;) Small price to pay!
And the perfect excuse, being an Indian, is some religious reason why you can't eat something on that given day. *Oh dear, I just realized its ____(Insert name of the day), and we eat only organic stuff today. I'm so sorry! Sigh, my loss* (look disappointed)
Treat yourself to something decent after! ;)
Packing..right.
I give you two options.
My sister's method. Which is, wait till two hours seven minutes before time of departure and then start. Consequently run around the house in circles, screaming at everyone including the neighbours and their dogs.
*then again this might not be such a great idea because my bro-in-law almost divorced her ten days and eleven hours after their wedding as a result of witnessing this very ritual of packing.*
Alternating there's my method. Run around the house screaming for mommy. :D
umm...I have a feeling I haven't earned either brownies or the points. Heck I was just trying to make you smile cos I'm one of the everybody who adores you!
2 Weeks to go and not packing? :))Anyway, good luck with the move. I now look forward to reading ur posts from Singapore.
Ichatteralot,
Oh, I spend obscene amounts of money on my hair too! Treatments, colours, haircuts. Damn, I feel so poor now :(
Shy one,
No sleep on the night before is going to be the case anyways! And yes, have decided to leave it till the last moment. Everything has to be packed, therefore everything WILL get packed!
Babelfish,
If only Mommy was here!!! Or anyone for that matter, who would rather pack than listen to me screaming. Alas, no such victim.
And you did make me smile, and just for adoring me, I shall send them points and brownies your way :D
Cherie,
Yes it is. But eating squid and fried squid HEADS isnt the same thing now, is it.
Quills,
Hopefully I'll get as much time to post regularly from Singapore. Fingers crossed xx :)
Gosh!! I love it wen i m right (which i am usually .. ok ok .. always :D)....
gals can neva quit shopping... u went shopping this sunday itself.. i can bet. u ll go again next weekend.. Athanni ki shart!!! so better keep packing side by side....
jaanta hoon aapko sahare ki zaroorat nahi .. main sirf saath dene aaya hoon :)
Thnx girl...well rt now tou used ur Tag itself & will work on it more as & when i'll get sm time frim my hectic boring office stuff.
Well shopping i simply love it & hey babes dont keep allof ur packing for the last moment as v generally then miss out our tooo imp stuff then..
Dont u go for tht..
Cheers
Apy,
No I didnt want to shop next weekend, which is why I went this weekend :p
Lagi shart!
Nice song na... Koi fariyaad... love that dialogue!
Garima,
No I have to pack everything there is in my house, so chances are nothing will get left behind. The suitcase will be a mess, but everything will be thrown in :)
A pedicure and manicure always pays when the world is going grey..*smiles*
Cheers and purple is great...
:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home