Days of our lives
So the deep purple of the nails is beginning to crack and peel off unceremoniously. I am not amused. I have also managed to break my thumb nail in a particularly violent exchange which involved my frying pan, my chopping board and me. I am *so* not amused.
Also, what started as a foggy yet warm day, has now become extremely dark, extremely windy and extremely wet. And while this morning it seemed like a perfectly sane idea to ditch the sweaters and wrap a dainty pashmina around myself, I cant stop ridiculing myself for it now. Adding injury to insult, of course, is the air conditioning which has taken upon itself to freeze my brains off. Brrrrr!
Anyways, no sooner than you realise you are hooked to something, it is time to give it up. Sigh. Such sadness. And said 'something' is just plain, minty chewy chewing gum, so dont let your imagination run wild. Uh huh... going back to Singapore means no more chewing gum all day like a 20 year old college-going punk. Erm, incase you, dear reader, happen to be a 20 year old college-going punk, lets just say there was no negative connotation to the above description. *hic*
In other news, the goodbye season has started. Which means a lot of people are offering to take me out for lunch/dinner/drinks/coffee before I leave HK. I think I am liking it. Veryveryverymuch =) I am hoping for a similar welcome back season of free meals once I get back to Singapore. *this would be a good time for you to run off, and pretend that you never read this post, if you, kind reader, actually happen to know me in person and reside in that tiny island-state* Given that you havent run off yet and actually continued to read, I take that as a 'yes' and thankyouverymuch. *sniff sniff*... tears, of joy.
Now if you will excuse me, my dear boss is looking for me. And he is a dear, simply because I walked into office 30 minutes late this morning, and not only did he not mind, he even paid for my morning coffee. Yes. Stop screaming "I want a job there!". I am on a lookout and you are welcome. *angelic smile*
So long.


26 Comments:
Blog stalker first! :p
Now I'll go read the post :D
Njoy the goodbye season to the fullest & wait wid ur fingers crossed for the "Welcome Song!!" Y do u always tk things & matters so in depth? tk life as it cms & njoy each & every moment of it to the fullest... & hey.. no need to chng urself ur attitude for others.. if they dont love u as u r then let 'em go to HELL !!
but 1 thng shud say... ur writing skills r really good... really good the way u express is simply superB!! keep it up.
'Days of our lives' reminds me of the soap Joey (from 'Friends') is a part of... and they refer to it as 'dool' :D
I didn't know that it was an actual soap until much later, though.
That darned pan! That darned chopping board! How dare they mess with Casa! :D
Hope it doesn't hurt as much now.
going back to Singapore means no more chewing gum all day like a 20 year old college-going punk.
Lol! Perhaps all those actors in bollywood who keep chewing gum at every award function they go to should also take a hint :p
Oh btw, my resume's in the mail ;)
Garima,
Well, some matter require deep thinking. As much as I would like to dismiss all unpleasantness, its easier said than done, isnt it :)
And thanks for your praise... *blush*
=)
Moose,
Yup, that's where I titled it from... the TV show.
And the nail is broken, but thankfully doesnt hurt. And I didnt know you were job hunting too :p
Moose does have a full-time job. He's your official blog-stalker, remember? :p
I was merely kidding when I mentioned the resume... that's why the ';)' :D
Pliss to find nice boss for me and nice job under him will be bonus also. Pliss to not intend pun.
Yeah, its so damn effing gloomy!! Arrrghhh!! When will the weather change!! :(
I did not know you respected me, a reader, so much that you would address me "Dear Reader"
Almost cried until I found out I don't live on the island-state, so will simply enjoy this one time :p
Moose,
3 comments in 2 hours. You really are a stalker eh ;)
Jupiter,
Well now that you underlined the pun, I cant stop giggling ;)
Aparna,
Apparently not for another 4 days!! Aaarrrggghhhh!
SS,
Oh yes, all readers are dear to me. After all, them poor souls take time out to read whatever I have to say :D
So, when are you coming down to India? Er .... I just need to block my calender , so that I am free to treat you that day, you see! :-)
will never be able to pull off deep purple nailpaint but had similar and slightly more gory accident with my toenail..lets not go into the details of that but let me assure you it was painful and very bloody
and I WANT A JOB THERE!!the boss wouldnt dream of forgiving my tardiness and the only person who faithfully buys me coffee is and equally tardy coworker
ooo... hello boss... i mean u Casa... why isn't the Quicktime thing working???
mujhe gaana sun na hai...
start the freaking music...
start the freaking music...
start the freaking music...
V...
Jay,
But as I said, the request is only for people who know me personally :)
Jinxed,
Oh trust me, ANYONE can pull off deep purple. Its awesome! And you must make your boss buy you coffee... ask him if he wants one, and then he has no choice but to pay for yours as well ;)
Virdi,
Its working fine here... takes a bit of time to load. Be a little patient. Alternatively, open winamp and play 'Aazmale' from Taxi No.9211 ;)
how did you break the nail?
I hate it when ppl chew gum constantly (sp in class) - always reminds me of a cow masticating!
You should be happy that your thumbnail saved your thumb!
And enjoy the farewell parties while forming expectations of even grander welcome(s)
Just realised that 'dear boss' is one example of perfect oxymoron.
Zii,
Dont ask. Its a woeful tale of trying to hold on to the chopping board while opening the cupboard to get the frying pan :(
Gee,
cow masticating
*gulp*
Green,
No, if the nail had been shorter, it would have saved itself!
And my boss is actually a dear. Sigh, no one believes it :(
*this would be a good time for you to run off, and pretend that you never read this post, if you, kind reader, actually happen to know me in person and reside in that tiny island-state* Given that you havent run off yet and actually continued to read, I take that as a 'yes' and thankyouverymuch. *sniff sniff*... tears, of joy.
ahhhh the hustlin' for dinner/lunch/breakfast......I know a fellow expert when I see one and YOU are a bonafide expert Casa!
Hurrah for free lunches/dinners/brunches!
But that being said, Im losin my touch for hustlin...*boo-hoo*........
*goes away and sulks in a corner*
LOL
i love the free lunches and dinners! being a student i seem to be getting a lot of them. However these lunches and dinners come with a constant reminder that things are about to soon change!
Aristera,
Will definitely take you up on that offer when I head to Bombay :)
Punkster,
Oh oh... I seemed to have acquired quite a reputation for free meals, and am getting threatened by jealous friends. They demand I share some of the generosity with them. Sigh :(
Archster,
You madam, ought to buy lunches for others, with your prize money!
*note to self: remember to ask for moot court winning treat when one sees the Archster*
All good things must come to an end. Or so they say. I still can't understand for the life of me why good things should come to an end! Bah! Anyways, its a FRIDAY!!! Hope you have a nice *hic* weekend! :D
Bye bye blues?
And trying to wean us away from your daily posts or what?
More cryptic than you usually are, no? But to echo Aristera, will certainly take you out whenever you come here to Bombay and show you why it's the best place in India! *wicked, wide grin*
Geroff! I was only joking, love! Enjoy your move and may you not have packing trouble. :-)
I want a job there!!!;-)
yars yars. we all can't be blessed like that y'know. not when some of us hate our bosses, and then realise we're related to them. *mope & sulk*
Wishfulthinker,
I still can't understand for the life of me why good things should come to an end!
Because for some reason, this world loves change. Bah! I dont like change :(
Jingu,
Haha... not deliberate, I assure you. Have been busy wrapping up work, that's all.
Extempore,
Crytic? Really? I thought it was a very out-and-out post, this :)
And will definitely meet you'll in Bombay sometime this year :)
Cherie,
Nooooo... I paid more for my manicures than the damned latte ;)
DEG,
Heeheehee.
Bgfs,
Oops, that must have been quite a find. And btw, I love your new profile pic. So earthy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home