Taggy
Yup, another of those tags doing the rounds. Jupiter did it, and since I am a devoted reader of her blog, I cant pretend that I didnt read it. So here goes.
Here's the tag:
1. Delve into your blog archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. Ponder over it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas.
5. Tag five people to do the same.
The 23rd post: Mixed Bag
The 5th sentence: Why waste money on something you dont really need?
*cringe*
*double cringe*
Absolutely NOT what I wanted to ask myself, after spending *** bucks (identity has been masked to prevent heart attacks on dear friends), on a jacket and pair of trousers yesterday. The jacket, I agree was worth it. But then the salesgirl informed me that if I spend *** bucks (obscene amount), I'll become a privileged member and get 20% discount henceforth. Therefore, the trousers. Yes. Gullible, I am.
Anyway, enough of my sad story. Ah yes, the tag.
So why do we spend money (and I say spend, not waste) on things which we dont really need?
I would like to believe, that I am in the process of climbing up the Maslow's hierarchy. And with my basic 'needs' covered, its not so much about buying stuff I need, rather about buying stuff I want. Infact sometimes I dont even want something badly enough. I just like it. I might wear it once in 6 months, but I tell myself... its nice, so its worth it.
I am a self-confessed shopoholic. And I say it with pride... as if identifying the problem is equivalent to solving it!! I know its not. But as of now, I dont want to see it as a problem. Earning well and very few responsibilities. I dont think life will ever come back to this stage for me. And 10 years down the line, I dont want to regret that I didnt do things that I wanted, when I could have.
Life is short. There's no time for a second take.
PS: C'mon people.. try the tag. You never know what you'll find :)


22 Comments:
Hi, My name is Dropz of Jupiter. Thank you for welcoming me to SA. I haven't shopped for 1 hour. I have this problem since childhood. Its my mother's influence. I want to give it up. What's your story.
Uh... For you {In singapore} it will start at 17h22m {5:22 p.m} and will end at 21h46m {9:46 p.m} Its only a partial eclipse but worth a watch tonight. Oh and do you speak tamil? I heard that Tamil was an official lingo of Singapore {I am a tamilian!!!}
Kazarelth,
Thanks so much for the info! Though I am in HK right now, the time zone remains the same :) Will try photographing the eclipse for sure!
No I dont speak tamil, though it is one of the 4 official languages in Spore. As for you being a tam, yeah.. Kaushik Narasimhan gives it away :D
u havent taaged who shld take this up...? :D
Phank you! I'd much appreciate the answer in my Blog! I was waiting you know. And as for me being tam, yes i knwo it gives away, but my face doesn't. Some of my friends {Especially Kannti} were surprised at me saying dat me is tam!
Burf,
I asked everyone to try the tag :)
Dont want to "pressure" people by taking names...
Kazarelth,
Oops, didnt realise I was supposed to reply on your blog.
hmm..... these tag thingies are indeed taking a toll on free flowing blog posts.
Shall give it a shot.
Saurabh,
I guess the trick is to make a regular post out of this tag :)
Hi Casa....this tag thing is quite funny ....guess I'll do it when I hv nothing to post...for now am too lazy to delve into my archives and dig out 23rd post.....
hei casblanca...this sure sounds interesting shud try the same soon!!
i'll definitely try it out
Rusty, Godolphin, Alice,
Go.. dig it up! Its fun :)
i tried it. no hidden meanings whatsoever.
I don't even have 23 posts!!
but totally live it up *sigh* thats the life... (Currently depressed and toiling over exam papers)
Yours is the first 23rd-post-5th-line that is actually a "profound" thought :)
Aha another shot at explaining the inexplicable and unsatiable female urge for shopping ;)
Anshul,
Lol. Good one :D
Karuna,
Ouch. Best of luck for exams!
Grati,
Profound! Wow!
Rohan,
Someone said my most was "profound"... I guess it was too much for you to understand ;)
Pardon me but ur reply to my comment was even more profound than ur post and i am like ?????
hahaha... no thanks! too many skeletons in my closet to attempt such a tag exercise! ;-)
Rohan,
Ya. Fine. Ok. So I was looking for excuses for shopping :) And who said the urge to shop is inexplicable? Its called retail therapy for a reason!
LivingHigh,
Oh cmon, be a sport!
Completely agree with you on the finally buying stuff you like, girl.. I'm exactly the same. It's not like I'm going to go broke shopping for things I don't need.. If I have "enough", why not invest it on looking better :p
Cowlick,
My point exactly!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home