Sunday, October 09, 2005

Comic Relief

I dont do movie reviews. Its just not my thing. However, this was a first for me - the first David Dhawan movie I watched from start to finish!

New hindi DVDs for 20 bucks was something that was difficult to resist. So I decided to check it out for myself. The shopkeeper literally thrust 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' into my hand, and wouldnt stop raving about it. Look at you, of course you would have liked it, I thought. With coloured hair, pierced ears and a sleeveless shirt, he looked every bit a Salman Khan wannabe. I bought it, along with with 3 other movies which I hope will turn out better. So what better way to relax on a saturday than to watch a mindless movie in my home theatre, with a hot bowl of pasta!

In MPKK, Salman Khan is a doctor (ouch!) and Katrina is his girlfriend. Both of course have no idea what acting is all about. Both however, know very well how to drop their clothes. Sushmita Sen is the only one who makes any sense in the movie. Dont even ask me what Arshad Warsi is doing in the story.. I couldnt figure that out either. Oh, not to forget Sohail Khan, who is as irritating as his elder brother. The music is very 'chaalu', but very catchy. I've been humming it all day today! The humour is slapstick, as expected. All in all, a totally unrealistic plot which I guess I enjoyed.

Go brain dead and enjoy a David Dhawan movie. Check.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I know ...I like Salman Khan...but that movie is really silly.Thanks for comin by my blog.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

3 Hindi DVDs for 20bucks?!!...wow!!!...well I really like Salman and Sushmita...but I agree that while goin to watch a David Dhawan movie we shud leave our brains and reasoning power outside!!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger totti said...

have'nt watched david dhawan's movie in a while.I used to like his movies with govinda. Mindless comedy along with kader khan.I loved it! The way kader khan and govinda used to talk to the audience as if it was some drama going on!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

hindi movies make no sense to me. unless its an independant film.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

U should have seen it coming ur way, dont u know David Dhawan specializes in the dnd brand of cinema (dnd = dimag nikalke dekho for the uninitiated) :)

1:02 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

probably DD should stick to making movies with Govinda.....

9:06 AM  
Blogger burf said...

braindead... hmm... certainly would help if you wanna watch such comedy... tnx for the idea :D

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home