Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Life is Random

Or so Apple claims.

I decided to give their theory a chance, and after a long time, I put all my iPod music on shuffle as I entered the train. Yes yes, its boring to hear about whom I saw doing what on the train blah blah, but this one... I think its worth a post :)

A young couple enter the train and sit opposite me. 17, maybe 18, and holding hands. As soon as they settle down, the guy fishes out the PSP from his bag.

Undoubtedly, the playstation is very popular here, and I've even seen executives playing it. I guess there's a boy in every man. Well, I cant be judgmental I guess... I'm a gadget freak too!

Girl starts playing with her handphone. Gets bored. Places head on his shoulder. But of course, saving the world, or whatever else he was trying to save on his playstation, needs his full concentration.

Now this might sound too dramatic, but at that moment, my iPod decides to throw 'Quit playing games with my heart' my way. I couldnt stop smiling to myself!

Finally, she disentangles her hand from his, pulls a long face, and leans her head on the glass panel. He notices this from the corner of his eye. His eyes dart between the girl and his gaming console.

I almost felt like I was watching an action thriller. I knew my station is next. But I dont want to get down before I see how this drama ends. Quickly now, my dear. Decide!

He has 2 seconds to decide. Or maybe less. Should he ignore his girl and continue playing? Or should he give up the game at this crucial point (or so his face suggested) and shower his girl with some attention? Yes? No?

1. 2.

Ouch! And he makes the wrong decision!

*Next station Causeway Bay. Doors will open on the left side*

22 Comments:

Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Hmmm.. interesting observations.

But Might I be so brave in asking - What makes you think he made the wrong decison ?

It's a relative judgement.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

"Judgement" my friend, is always relative :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

And thats precisely my point...

Gave that 55 words a shot. It is addictive indeed.

How are your adventures going on?

(I find it too much to visit two blogs and post comments)
:-)

6:17 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

Ouch! Hes lucky he has a bed to go home to (i assume)... or it wouldve definately been the couch for him.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

casa... couple of things.
1. apologies for the correction but its PS'P', not PS'2' (us gaming freaks are a little picky about that sorta thing) (apologies once again)

and secondly.

2. VIVA LA PLAYSTATION!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Oopsie :)
Ok, corrected it.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wrong decision? U mean u quit the game? ;) wow!!! :p

and yes, i love my ipod mini too!!! :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Very interesting. Have had stuff like this happen to me too while listening to the iPod.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Prince K. said...

AAAH! I would choose the PSP over my GF anyday! But I like my PC better. Its a Balrog compared to the Orcish PSP. But then, my GF ditched me because I was spending time devoted to mapping. {OK I made this up, I have no idea why she ditched me. This is one theory I stated above!}

10:31 PM  
Blogger totti said...

did he give the Playstation to his girl friend to play??

12:34 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

And that is how the knight in shining armour saved the world (so wat if it was only on his PSP) despite all the worldly pressures heaped upon him ;)
Wat in the world is 'Quit playing games' still doing on ur IPod :)

3:40 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Okie people.. moment of truth.
(This is what I saved my devilish laughter for)
Muahahahahaha!

The guy actually left his game midway and turned to his girl, who didnt look too happy about it anyway.
Wrong decision? If I were in the guy's place, I would have finished the game. She's angry anyway... 2 more minutes wont change it.
If I was the girl, of course, I wouldnt even let him play in the first instant ;)

Muahahahahaha.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rohan,
Even I was surprised that I still had Backstreet Boys on my iPod.

Life is random ;)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't allow him to play in the first place!! Pity your boyfriend :p
-Ritwik

11:39 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

strategic mistake. its going to take him a long time to (a) understand what happened when, (b) figure out how to make up for it and (c) actually do the above make up... time that he could easily have spent playing on his PSP or whatever when his gf wasn't around or wouldn't mind ;) timing is everything.

oh, i wish i had a PSP :D

12:05 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Hope his play"station", didnt make u skip ur station....

1:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anshul,
2 words for you - Grow Up :p

Pointy,
Now that was a trademark PJ from you wasnt it ;)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Men are such doofuses...

tsk tsk

QUIT PLAYING GAMES?--I order you to immediately purge your Ipod of that. Quarantine Quarantine!

Sorry...I am dead sleepy from sourdough burgers and a HUGE banana crumble. I can barely type.

Pls update naa!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
I thought you had a hunk for lunch. How did you make place for the burger? ;)

5:26 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

Aaah, these girls! They need too much attention ;o)
PS: Why is it though, that every 'Asian' is such a gadget-freak? I know I'm generalising horribly.. but I have noticed this.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Coz the Aussies dont know how to use technology? :)
Lol.

6:22 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

lol.. that's true.. we had to teach them how to exchange numbers by giving missed calls!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home