Do NOT Laugh
Yes, you read that correctly. Learn to follow instructions, will ya?
This post really is an assortment of mini posts - 'arbit' (B-school lingo.. we likey) and unrelated.
-------------------------------
Yesterday I managed to bruise my face. No my beautiful long nails had nothing to do with it. I was really really hungry, and had a go at my huge muffin. And the raisin stem in the muffin scratched my face! The stupid thing left a mark on my cheek which still shows! My nails have never bruised me, and the cheek of a raisin to do it!!!!
Death, by breakfast.
PS: I told you NOT to laugh! What are you.. Illiterate?
-------------------------------
I wore a new top today with really long sleeves... oh so cool! *Grin*
But of course, given that the sleeves come half-way till my palms, it covered the watch on my wrist. So for convenience sake, I strapped my watch on top of the sleeve. I mean, who wants to waste time digging into the shirt, just to see how many hours left before I can run off from work?! But 4 of my colleagues have already pointed to it, and giggled with not-at-all-cute remarks like "hehe.. u wear watch over shirt. So funny" and "this one new style issit" and "why you dont roll up ur sleeve ah". All this, from a bunch of old hags who dont know anything about dressing well anyway! Jealous. Plain jealous I tell ya.
-------------------------------
For some reason, the rubbish bin from my cubicle keeps disappearing every second day. No I dont work in an office full of theives, but still. It does.
So now what? I am not allowed to generate rubbish in my own cubicle?! I have a sneaky suspicion that the lady in the next cubicle has something to do with it! She gives me dirty looks whenever I walk in with my Starbucks coffee and she's sipping her good-for-nothing kopi-O. Well... if its a game, two can play my dear. Now after I'm done with my expensive coffee, I'll come and throw the tumbler in YOUR bin. Howz that?
Burnnnn!
-------------------------------
And in other news, which I'm sure most of you have already read on other blogs, scientists in Germany have supposedly proven that if 600,000,000 people jump together on the auspicious day of 20 July 2006, the resulting force will shift earth onto a new orbit ,and all problems relating to global warming, messed up climates, poverty and bad muffins will be solved. Fine, not poverty. Neither bad muffins. But you get the point.
The problem is, they need jumpers (hehe.. sounds funny!) only in the western hemisphere. Given that more than one-third of the world's population resides in Asia, I'm not sure how World Jump Day is gonna be a success. Maybe we could jump at night, in the eastern hemisphere? *Wondering*
Fine, I'm no scientist. I'm no German. But I dont mind seeing China jump off their seat. Literally :D
-------------------------------


21 Comments:
hehehehe (ooops am not supposed to laugh!!!)....why write a funny post when we get instruction not to laugh?? anyways how big was the muffin coz I am wondering how did the raisin stem can bruise a person???
why r u not in india... and i hope u don't plan to settle in with those chinky pinkys. i mean we are already short of mast females after all those large cases of female feoticide cases still persisting :p
:D
Jack did laugh.
what is the world coming to?? now theyre stealing rubbish bins?!?!
Maybe all the kleptomaniacs should jump on world jump day.
If that many people from the western hemisphere do jump, never fear... india and china will fill the void.
bruised by a raisen?? you know, you can't really make up stuff.. ROTFL!!
Ravi,
Excellent 55! What a twist!
We want more :)
Cowlick,
I wish I was making it up... I couldnt believe it either. But my face says otherwise :(
sue the muffin makers :)
Call me paranoid! but what if fewer people jump and we end up in a trajectory that will send us flying across the galaxy or towards the mighty apollo?? all because of some mad scientist..we all know how they run their experiments ( OOPS..i forgot to take into account the constant beta!!)
Hope you are doing after the raisin attack :p
Ok, I really tried not to laugh at the muffin one but I am sorry to report that I failed and miserably at that!! :))
I've been meaning to comment on your previous post since I first read it. You so spoke my language.
Will be back - and thanks for stopping by my blog!
You're toooo cute casa!! :) So nice reading ur posts at the end of my tiring week!
I can almost imagine you consuming a truckload of muffins (u really do dig them literally :) ), pinching ur friendly' neighbours's bin and making a dash for the western hemisphere to make it in time for the World jump day (oh did I mention u cn keep track during this journey with that new fashion statement of urs) :)
you write funny and then tell people not to laugh....so not fair.
Firstly, all those of you who laughed, will be fined $100 on your next visit :p
Totti,
Now you are really scaring me! Damn these scientists!
Rohan,
Who do you think I am... Superwoman?
hope ur face is all nicee now ;)
Well Laugh I had to. It's very dificult for me to hold a good laugh.
As for the World Jump day... anything to make the world a little more interesting place to live in. Lemme know when to jump. :-)
interesting bit of trivia, that, abt de jump start dis world needs! ;-)
(betcha saw dat coming!)
and yes, i laughed too. guess dat does make me illiterate. ;-)
Shashi,
Thanks for your concern.. doesnt sound very genuine though ;)
Saurabh & Livinghigh,
Jump. JUMP! :D
Methinks those scientists are just gonna make us all jump and then say "Zat zwas eine April Foole"
Those bastards.
April fool.. in July? Ze Germans, I tell ya....
u r a mad woman
loved it! still laughing.... oops!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home