Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Disgusted

I'm in no mood to write poetry or prose today. Infact I'm pissed off enough by something to rant about it on my blog. A friend of mine in India recently joined one of the top IT firms as a fresh graduate. The job was offered to him almost one and a half years ago. Its been 2 weeks since he joined them. Suddenly, out of the blue, HR realises that his class 12 marks dont meet their criteria, and ask him to quit. I'm totally disgusted by people in HR or other administrative roles, who suffer from an inferiority complex about their jobs, and jump at any opportunity that makes them seem important. They should stop playing God and not spoil someone's career because of their late realisation. There is a time and place for all rules to be exercised.. and 1.5 years after the offer is NOT the time. Especially given that after accepting this offer, the university did not allow him to apply for any other job. How can such a reputed firm be so unprofessional? I'm disgusted. Really.

I just pray that things work out for him. I do.

9 Comments:

Blogger the cowlick said...

Oh boy! Never heard of anything like this before.. even though you hear all the time about big firms being extremely curious about your class 12 marks.. in the land of two drop-outs who formed Microsoft. But his is just totally insane!

12:21 AM  
Blogger silverine said...

Hey, this is really bad and unheard of :(

Now you know why I take pot shots at HR in my posts :))

1:16 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

that is so crazy....who cares about class 12 marks???

2:39 AM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

LOL... this is funny...
Anyway... whats there to get bugged about man. IT anyway sucks. Why do people get into IT?
What do you do? I am an IT consultant... ooooooo...
Anyway... he should chill man. A job is a job....like women (for men, could be vice versa for women)... one goes another comes...
I doubt if that seriously was the reason for chucking someone out. They can't do that. he's obviously lying.
Maybe he was sacked for some other reason and came up with a lame ass cover up like this.
I sincerely think... no company can afford to do that... they'll be sued left right and center.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yes the company cant afford to fire him on these grounds, which is why they have asked him to resign!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

man this exact same thing happened to me when i worked here at Qatar Telcom. they asked me to leave as well cause i wasnt a grad. its a crappy feeling but then he doesnt belong in that company who doesnt value his work over past experience...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go call you a lawyer,
file you a lawsuit
I’ll smile in the courtroom and buy you a wardrobe

He needs to go legal on their asses!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

That truly is awful... but I think he needn't worry too much. As Conman puts it 'one goes and another comes'.... In India there is absolutely no dearth of IT jobs. Its the land of workaholics...

But in retrospect he should threaten the firm with going public and defamation, personally involving the HR personnel. I'm sure if its a big firm it will atleast think of compensating him... Big IT firms do have some competition going on between them now.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this must be infosys...

though i aint sure

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home