Fireflies
You will never know what it meant to you, till its gone... and all that is left of it are tiny pieces of the past. Like fireflies who glow for some time, and are gone forever after that.You will never know what you've lost, till you realise... that without it, life is incomplete. And there is an empty space, which you cant fill. Like happiness, which overwhelms us one moment and gone the other.
You will never know why some questions were never answered. Why some things were never said.
Will I?
PS: Pic is of China's National Day celebration fireworks, at Victoria Harbour, as seen from my apartment terrace.


18 Comments:
wenever u write these serious sad posts i somehow find them echoing my own mind and thoughts..!!
it does hurt wen u look back at someone.. somethings and realise dat u failed to appreciate their presence.. and u wish dat u can turn d clock back.. how many time ve i wished i could do dat..!!
It's frustrating. I'm not yet comfortable with the not knowing part of life...atleast my life.
You don't miss the water till the well runs dry.
But you can always take heart in knowing you did make the right choice. (if you did)..No regrets! That's the way aha aha I like it. =D
Hi Nice Post!
Mail me at> Abhijeet.Gautam@oracle.com
Hi Nice Post!
Mail me at> Abhijeet.Gautam@oracle.com
Justme,
I guess we all have the same experiences.. just at different times.
:.M.:,
Nice to see you here :)
Jupiter,
Yes.. but we'll never know if the decision was right, coz we just travelled one road.
Anonymous,
Thanks. And no I wont mail you till you tell me why :)
Casablanca:
I want a friend. Someone to hide myself in.
Mail me..(plz)
Abhijeet.Gautam@gmail.com
Interesting bit of introspection. The true value of things always come by later, much later.
the first friend that a child has is his mom.
then as time goes by, comes others.
Sonny, goto your momma..
if all fails we are there , including Casa.
We will be there for you sonny,
rooting for you,
good luck.
J.
oh so true...
can really identify with this right now.
nice :)
.:A:.,
So true. Wish we all didnt take things for granted.
Karuna, Ravi,
Nice to see you'll here :)
Guess some things are better left shrouded in those thinly veiled teasers as life's glorious uncertainities.......mebbe thats wat makes fireflies fascinating
Oh wow! When I first started reading it, I thought you were quoting someone! Nice work!
And yeah.. I always wish, like five times every minute, that I could have done things differently in my life.. and could learn to appreciate things while they lasted.
Rohan,
Uncertainities are challenging sometimes... but its scary too, right? Not knowing where one will end up... *sigh*
Cowlick,
Thanks :)
I totally know what you mean! I myself think that so often.. what if?
Some questions are not answered, because they cannot be. And if they were, they'd just leave one profoundly unsatisfied.
grab the rewind button i'd suggest! (i'd keep the "if u can to myself" though)
Sorry Shashi... but didnt really get it ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home