Thursday, September 29, 2005

55.. and a prop

Yes, this is addictive. And this time, I decided to use a photo as well.

She looked down.

Her entire life flashed by. The shattered dreams, the repeated attempts, the crushing failures, the ruthless rejections. She had only wanted to be famous.

She took the last step. Then, she began to fly. There was a smile for the last two seconds of her life.

At last, she would be famous.


PS: Word count - 55
PPS: Feel free to share your piece of art in comments :) And do give it a try!

20 Comments:

Blogger Anshul said...

clever stuff :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Now this is more like it. Love this one!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hmmmm.. didnt you also comment "very nice" on the previous one ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Yep i did!!
That time it was for the concept and your 'nice' attempt at it.

This one captures the essesnce a little more for me.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cap'n Sparrow, don't hate me for this.
55 words- here goes.

Où suis-je ?
Je suis perdue.
Je sais tout,
Mais je suis confondue.

Un travail ennuyeux,
Une ville inconnue,
Mon âme, je suis désole,
Je t’ai vendu.

J’habite seule,
Seule, chez moi,
Je ne sais pas,
Je cherche quoi.

Mon homme, j’aime,
Les amis, tu aimes,
Ce n’est pas vrai, que
L’argent tout aiment?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks Saurabh, I guess its getting better with practice :)

Jupiter,
Beautiful. Awesome.
Je ne comprend pas :(
(Now... all those in favour of a translation, say "aye")

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forJupiter

C’est entre nous
L’air entre les mains salut
Et la main entre les saluts
Et le salut par intervalle
Rien avec rien jouant à
S’envoyer la belle apparition

Au cœur de la nuit le jour
Nuit de la nuit connaît
Une étoile plus brillante

Intimité plus grande avec les astres
Dans la nuit rapprochée vous


yours,
Jack.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ok, thanks to Babelfish, here goes:

Where am I? I am lost. I know all, But I am confused.
A tedious work, an unknown city, My heart, I am afflict, I sold to you.
I only live, Seule, at home, I do not know, I seek what.
Do my man, I like, the friends, you like, It is not true, that the money all like?

Merci
:)

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for fear of Babblefish..
here goes the translation..

"...
It is between us
Air between the hands wave
And the hand between waves
And waving by intervals
Nothing with nothing playing at
Laying the fair apparition

At the heart of night day
Night of night knows
A star more brilliant

Greater intimacy with the stars
In the night closer drawn you
..."

3:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teehee... okie babelfish may be blundering all over the grammar but you get the gist right?

Jack, did you write that? its so poetic man! Me likey...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, here's the real translation, the way God and Jupiter intended it.

Where am I? I'm lost. I know everything, yet I'm confused.

A boring job, in a foreign land...I'm sorry my soul, I sold you.

I live alone, in my own place. I don't know what I'm looking for.

I love my man, you love your friends
But don't we all love money?

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every where i go, 55 is the toast of the town.. the question is why 55?
In my city of habitat, we get food called [blah]65; eg alu65 or chicken65 etc.

I need to figure out what this kinda numbers mean!!!

:)

And yes, a nice story, but an amazing snap!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks Neil,
Ya.. I've also wondered why its called Chicken65. Maybe it was the 65th item on the menu?

5:09 PM  
Blogger silverine said...

WOW!
I failed in my miserable attempt at the dreaded 55. But yours was wonderful. Thanks for visiting my blog, I got to read this lovely short story :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks silverine :)
*Still grinning in the glory of your compliment*

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

The piece of art wa sprobably the only bright and silver lining of a very dark and depressing post :)

11:14 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

FYI everyone - The photo was taken from the 60th floor of Macau Sky Tower. Just looking down made me dizzy!

11:14 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

I really liked your 55. Super connection between the picture and the words. Very striking.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks .:A:.
I might get tempted to write some more ;)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

beautiful! keep the 55s coming!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home