Monday, September 26, 2005

Speechless

Although there are very few occasions when I run out of words (yes, I can talk and talk and talk!), but some conversations, like this one last night, do leave me speechless.

Friend: Hey, what were you doing?
Me: Nothing much, just hand-washing some clothes.
Friend: Hand-washing? You dont have a washing machine?
Me: Yes I do. But some clothes I prefer to hand-wash.
Friend: (Sounding totally confused!)Why?
Me: To take better care of them.
Friend: Why does one need to take "care" of clothes. They arent babies for god's sake.
Me: Take care of them so they last longer, and I dont have to keep buying more clothes.
Friend: Then, why do you keep buying more clothes?
Me: (Silence)

After 1 minute:
Me: (Silence)

Damn, I hate logic!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha!
The right answer is to stay "au currant"...fashion changes.
Tell that to your friend!
=)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

needless to add ur friend wud have smirked silently after construing ur silence as moral victory :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Haha.. victory or not, fact is I dont have any logical reason for being the shopoholic that I am ;)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

:-) this fren must ve been some guy..!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Of course its a guy.. dont even need to mention that, do I? :D

(Only guys are capable of asking such disturbing questions.. tsk tsk)

2:04 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

You don't need a reason! It's your money, for god's sake! You should've told him to mind his own business..

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Own Money..
Own Money..
Own Money..

thr ain't nuthin like 'at..


Jack the rack.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

lol... that was funny.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Hmm... I like logic! Its difficult to explain why one would 'stock' up on clothes. (even I do it) ... but it becomes a craze...

I think it stems from today's humans getting more used to the idea of 'choice'... we'd like to have a wide variety to choose from as far as possible.

Hoard! Hoard! Hoard!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

handwash clothes to take care of the clothes. buy clothes to take care of the world economy.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did have a point. Dont wash clothes just buy new ones
-Ritwik

3:14 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

This was really funny. Thanks for making me smile.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

.:A:.,
Yes it was meant to make people laugh :)
But.. I still continue being a shopoholic :p

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home