Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beyond Therapy.

It has been an exciting time since my last post. I gave up hope on the miles redemption free ticket, and impulse-purchased a ticket to Sydney and Melbourne on British Airways.

-Let's go to the webiste: Uh huh... they do have seats available-
-Start monologue to self: You want this holiday, you deserve this holiday-
-Enter credit card details. Click purchase. *gulp* Okay we cant refund, can we?-

And that is how, 14th of February, became an expensive day for me. Anyways, now that I had the ticket, I needed accommodation. No worries. Good old friend is in Sydney. Oh no. Good old friend is kind of homeless, looking for an apartment and crashing at a friend's place. Fine. I will look for a hotel... how bad can it be? Apparently, quite bad. I am landing in Sydney, unintentionally, on the day of the final parade of the Sydney Mardi Gras. All, and I mean, ALL hotels are booked. Oh oh. Finally (with help from the Brat) I manage to find a hotel, book it and get some peace of mind. Me wont be homeless in Sydney. So finally, tickets - check. Hotel - check. Okay, we need a visa. No wait. We need a thousand documents before we get the visa. Time is a bit short, but the visa got approved yesterday. I need to collect it on tuesday. Flight is on friday night. But I know it will all work out. I have a good feeling about this.

In the middle of all these ups and downs, I managed to make another impulse purchase. Really, I've never spent that kind of amount with such little thought. Okay, let me tell you like it is. I ordered a Macbook on tuesday. It was delivered yesterday. Its a piece of art. I am in love with it. And it has been christened Nemo.

(Yes, I have redefined retail therapy. Sympathy, anyone?)

13 Comments:

Blogger GuNs said...

Sympathy? HEll yeah. For me.
I am SO broke to buy anything right now...

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEADS BEADS BEADS

bring me back beads. I don't care how you make them, but bring them backhtt!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous looks are all that you are getting from me :P

2:00 AM  
Blogger my pyjama says pink said...

Right.

I am the one taking a vacation and I am the one who got myself a new mac book. so by that definition being poor is what makes me a brat, right?

*snigger*

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing demeaning, but all you have been writing lately about is how you spent money on travel, home, hair, clothes, shoes and now on a laptop.

Granted its your space and u write what pleases u. But as a reader I too have a stake in it no matter in decimals. can I look out for something more worthy?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Guns,
Well, now, so am I.

Jupiter,
I am not JD :p

Urban Pro,
Join me then :)

Brat,
But you are The Original Brat, arent you? It is your brattiness that is rubbing on to me ;)

Aris,
Life is tough. Very touch.
PS: When are we going to Angkor?

Anonymous,
can I look out for something more worthy?
No. There is no charity on this blog.
(Incidentally, the previous 3 posts are poetry, travel plans and friendships.... duh.)

7:38 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

lol. for retail therapy, casa, u dont require sympathy - u receive a BRAVO!
:)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Adi Oso-Groot Finch said...

sympathy? naaa... instead, i've got my shopping list that i could share with you... hope ur card isnt maxed out yet :>

3:58 AM  
Blogger San said...

sympathy .. one jealous chick wanting to throw her slippers your way

3:59 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Muffet said...

ooohhh..the Mac looks so cool...congrats on finding Nemo :) i hope u have a great time in Sydney..enjoy ur vacation :)and cheers to retail therapy..

6:48 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

LH,
Merci beaucoup :)

Raven,
Oh I dont mind shopping company. Lets get broke together. Come with your list (and your card) :)

San,
The fluffy slippers? :D

LMM,
I am loving the Mac, and hoping to love Sydney and Melbourne in 4 days time :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

you go girl! hahaha. the macs are pretty machines and australia is the prettiest place :D :D....although i'm pretty much repeating all my comments about australia, i just discovered your blog so i guess it's okay. right?

5:18 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Natasha,
Of course it is okay. I have 1 rule for comments - the more the merrier :)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home