Friday, November 03, 2006

Stuck in a moment.

Someone called from Sydney
to tell me
their summer has come
and they have moved
an hour ahead of me.
In New York,
a friend wakes up
to winter,
an hour behind,
to save some sunlight.
I sit here
somewhere in the middle
with no change
of time
of weather
of seasons.
My clock still ticks the same
and my sun still shines
as much as yesterday
or tomorrow.
I sit here
tolerating this non-change,
this emptiness of no seasons,
this stillness of the air and
of the mind.
I sit here
writing about trivial things
like shoes and drinking,
to avoid questions
from those I know,
and to ignore concern
from those I dont.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it helps you, we have changed our clocks by one hour to day light timings :) in UK
and its autumn / winter time :)
no sun
all cold all the time
you hate to move once your seat has become warmer
Its getting darker and gloomier

its nothing u should miss

1:16 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Last 7 lines weigh in heavily and make it deep.
They also prevent serious inputs {the word "comments" make one's comments trivial, doesn't it?} from strangers. :-)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Kausum said...

Quoting from a song of U2

"You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony pass

It's just a moment
This time will pass"

5:19 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Anything is better than NY winter...so u r definitely not missing anything

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sea a change and eye like it.

./w

12:42 AM  
Blogger Kaunquest said...

I know that feeling..

beeti jaaye zindagii, be-wajaa,be-wajaa
kho gaye mere din, be-nishaan, be-nishaan

10:19 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

this was such a sweet post
and i love the way the song goes with it

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-ahem-

6:45 PM  
Blogger Pranay said...

Hmm...that really did take a deep turn.
Wow...expressed ur thoughts very well.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Paheli,
But we always miss what we cant have.

Jingu,
But strangers still do 'comment' :)

Kausum,
Yes, hence the title of the post.

Pointy,
That is one way of looking at it.

./w,
And what be that change?

Kaunquest,
Thanks for those lines.

Prerona,
I like it too :)

Brat,
Emailed you about it.

Pranay,
Thanks.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less shoes, more melancholia. :)

./w

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"to avoid questions
from those I know,
and to ignore concern
from those I dont."

great lines! v.nice!

1:23 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Well atleast you don't get fooled into the gaining an hour losing an hour syndrome...:P

6:32 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

./w,
Is it strange that you should use smileys when talking about my meloncholia? :p

The one who just stopped by,
Thanks.

EU,
You and me both know this isnt just about time changes :)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smile at what I can relate to. Melancholia is sadness exercising her poetic license.

./w

9:26 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

In that case, we'll find a way to get you to relate to shoes as well ;)

9:49 AM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

So, are you wondering how it would be to be anywhere else but where you are?? Didn't sound like it in your other posts..looks like you are having fun being where you are, doing what you do and isn't that the most important thing?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Orchid,
Dont over-analyse. You will miss the point of the post.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home