Friday, October 27, 2006

I want solutions, not answers.

you look through your old photos
to recollect
what your smile looked like.
my nails are long enough
to interfere with my typing,
but why cant I scratch
that smile from my memory?

yesterday someone told me
that I worry too much.
at my age
his only thought was
to get his next joint.
how do I tell him
that it is my curse
to think too much?

I went partying
last night.
I will wash off
the smell of smoke
from my hair,
but how do I clear
the haze in my mind?

17 Comments:

Blogger Prasann said...

These are some profound lines. You write very well.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. i'm thinking, thinking, still thinking.

7:23 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Party some more..I say..

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, go on that break - NOW

8:21 PM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

so much for the mind and its myriad thoughts!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Prasann,
Thanks, you are being generous :)

John,
Take a break. Have a kitkat :D

EU,
Oh well, *someone* yesterday was giving me gyaan on escapism, remember :p

Brat,
LOL! I dont sound that psycho, do I :p

Orchid,
So much...

12:40 AM  
Blogger Pranay said...

Hey even I think too much..that's reason for this lack of peace. What do we have to do to get rid of this?
So I ve got a new idea think...but just the happy stuff. U might as well enjoy life.
Cheers!

3:11 AM  
Blogger jhantu said...

do not let the haze clear
populate the mind with more haze
till its the haze that remains
especially nice will be the purple haze


btw was this some kind of GenX poetry?

4:27 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

nice. very

7:44 AM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

It's a real pain when you can't stop thinking isn't it? Sometimes, I actually manage to empty me brain of ALL thoughts and am just sitting with this dull zzzz-ing sound running through my head and shit but that's heavenly!

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder how ppl who dont worry live? I simply wonder! BTW, Can i ask the story behind the name?

2:58 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pranay,
If only it was so easy...

Jhantu,
LOL. What is GenX poetry, I have no idea :)

Prerona,
Thanks.

Gee,
Wish I could but the brain to zzzz...

Grey,
The story of Casablanca? It is a city in Morocco.

3:42 AM  
Blogger San said...

sochna mera pecha nahin majbori hain :(

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much satc..OD OD OD..

10:32 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

San,
You mean pesha :)

Jups,
Now where do I even begin? :p

12:19 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

my my you really do think alot your just eloquent about it.
Sleep is always good after partying...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Karuna,
But sometimes sleep doesnt come as easily as confusions...

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home