Of life and such.
Merlin and I often talk about how it would be if we both were to live and work in the same city. He always whines about how I would be too busy with my social life to spend time with him and I always gloat about how I would have a really happening social life compared to him, no matter which city we are in. We both know that isnt going to happen. And no, I'm not talking about the bit about my social life. We will probably never be in the same city. Atleast not for the next many years. Merlin has known me for 10 years. Much has changed in between. People come, and people leave. Some stay, for varying lengths of time. Just earlier today, I spoke to Jack and reminded him that I've known him for a full year as of yesterday. We laughed about how we have managed to endure each other for so long. Especially given how unusual the circumstances were, in which we met. Princess left for New York, and I miss her. We will meet once a year. But I wish to meet her more often. I might fly there next summer, but who knows where life is headed. The Rajput and me have lost touch. Again. Thrice in the span of 8 years. The last break in communication lasted 2 years. The last patch of communication lasted about 16 months. Someday we might cross paths again. Or we might not. I will do my part. As I always do. People often say I do too much. Some say I'm needy. Some say I have low self esteem. Some say I'm clingy. Some say I'm a good person. Some say I'll hurt myself. I dont bother to justify. To others or myself. I usually put in my share of effort in keeping in touch or keeping a relationship alive. I believe we meet very few people with whom we can share a connection. And a huge ego isnt going to get in the way of me trying to preserve it. I think life deserves that much.


23 Comments:
\\Merlin and me..
Merlin and I
well to hell with this anonymous who couldnt read between the lines...
i agree...like always :)
and after having been one who has walked an extra mile to do the same...i think its worth the effort...always
cheers
Beautiful thought,hard decision,tough conviction.
Im just glad there are people like you who really do make the world a better place to be in.
lol. how come both of us are posting abt being clingy (maybe) and all?! ;-)
did ya get ure corudoy skirt?
kneelength boots? oooooooo.. *grin*
I like this post :)
Anonymous,
Thanks.
Bright Red,
Sometimes it might not be worth the effort, but that wont change who we are, will it? :)
EU,
*takes a bow*
LH,
Oh well, its that time of life, I guess.
And no, havent found the skirt yet. The boots are a little below knee length, bought them in HK last year, and cant wait to wear them in winter now :)
Reader,
I do too ;)
~Here's to knowing you for many more years,
Cheers... :)
Aha! Look who is here :)
Cheers to that, and next round of drinks are on you. Muahahahahha!
Darling I love you but I have to say this,
Yes, Life deserves that much but some people actually deserve a tight slap. In fact, they are just begging for it. ;)
Hmmm... deep... :P :)
what is this, everything I wanted to say, everyone else says it in bits and peices.
so, i'll just choose em bits and peices, it is indeed merlin and I. The thought that thats the least life deserves in very beautiful, well said. and definitley yes some people actually deserve a tight slap. In fact, they are just keep begging for it [well said jups]
also,I like this post too. very maaach.
lazily yours
OA
Ha ha ha ..I so agree with Drops of Jupiter..
Jupiter,
Sigh. And we are increasingly being surrounded by such idiots, arent we :(
Aparna,
Are you being sarcastic? :p
Brat,
Corrected the grammar :)
And I like the post too. So that makes 2 of us ;)
EU,
The Devil Woman does make sense sometimes ;)
Hmmm.
You seem to communicate my thoughts only to well.
you freak :p .. yeah go add taht to the list of things people call you and then justify it yourself and me :p
I will agree with Devil Women... but here is to knowing you (through blog) for couple of months and hope for many more. Cheers!
San,
I read your mind, silly :p
Urbanpro,
It has been a couple of months already?
With some people when you lose communication and get in touch again, but shared a special connection, you pick up the conversation as if there was no interruption!
Loved your post ...as always your thoughts are very well put across
Cheers :)
S
I've often seen that once if a connection is severed, there's nothing you can do to bring it back to life. You might regain touch for a while, but it usually doesn't last. But, the most important thing is the connection.. there are people you meet once in five years and feel you'd never lost them.. those are the most precious friendships.
the part starting from 'I'll do my part....' are my words. ;).. not sure how you quite got hold of 'em but they were buzzing in my mind.. have been for like ages now - i'm quite sure of that. ;) (nice post)
Kausum,
Something oft said, but I dont think it is as simple as it seems...
S,
I just write what is in my head. Simply.
Cowlick,
I agree. Sadly, the number of such people keeps decreasing as the years go by.
Windmill,
I'm a mind reader, didnt you know?
Odd, but that could be me talking about my life, which is identical almost to the point of weirdness. Vaguely reassuring :-)
Nevermind,
There is nothing weird there, I assure you. We are who we are, and we should be happy for it :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home