Few Good Men.
Let me warn you early enough, that this post is about Sex and the City and the Men. So if you want to pretend SATC is not your thing, go surf your next blog. Now!
Okay, since you are still around, let me inform you that the men in SATC represent the average, above-average and way-below-average joes, sometimes very closely. Ahem.
(This may or may not be my last SATC post, but for now, I've closed the chapter, rather the DVD box, and moved on to House. Expect me to ramble about Hugh Laurie sometime in the future.)
Aiden Shaw - He is not commitment-phobic. He wants marriage and kids and the works. He might be possessive, but otherwise he is just perfect. Problem is, he is the right guy at the wrong time.
Steve Brady - The boyish charms make sure "cute" is the only word that describes him well. But are you ready to introduce a bartender as your date to a law firm dinner? Can you blame the girl for wondering?
Aleksandr Petrovsky - The older man. He is artsy, tender, honest and wants to live in Paris. But he wont change. Dont even try. He has seen too many winters, and he wont bow down. Not even for love.
Harry Goldenblatt - He is bald, he is fat and he wont marry a non-jew. Yet, Harry is a winner because he is sincere. Maybe he tries harder because he isnt good-looking. Maybe he is one in a million.
Jack Berger - The insecure idiot. The guy who tries to potray he is simple and earthy and okay with it. But he is actually so insecure, he cant tolerate his woman, or any woman, doing better than him.
Smith Jerrod - The surprise package. The model who actually loves and adores his lady. And only her. Nobody expects such men to. But he does. Maybe he is from a fairytale, but everyone wants to believe it can be real.
Stanford Blatch - The gay galpal who is as insecure as the girls, but with a great sense of humour. A good friend and a good human being. Who finally finds his love. Sigh.
Richard Wright - Powerful and wealthy, the perfect alpha male to get attracted to. And regret. He thinks money can buy anything, and his roving eye will never stop. How long will you keep guessing?
Mr.Big - He is larger than life. Perfectly described by Carrie in her words "if he never calls me again, I'll always think of him fondly. As an asshole." Charming and heartbreaking at the same time, he makes you wish that life, and love, were a little simpler.


17 Comments:
awww...I'm gonna cry..
I LOVE Aiden. LOVE And Big.. but everyone loves Big.
PS: What about Skipper?
Jupiter,
Awww :)
Cowlick,
I love Big. He is arrogant and rude and confused, yet I love him.
PS: Skipper isnt so important, is he?
* smiles *
Aiden shaw is also the name of a famous gay porn star and it so goes that the character in SATC was named after him.
:)
Guess not.. He's just the sucker who never gets the message ;)
ps: I can't believe I'm so excited about this post!
Brat,
And that goes on to prove how much gay porn you watch :p
Cowlick,
Heheehehheee. Excited? Please continue to be so :D
Damn! I still never seen it! Reminds me of Fauji! Everyone used to be talking about it and I was the only one on class who hadnt seen it. Doordarshan, I thin it used to come on. Long ago.
oh please, I knew u wud say tat.
i knew it
i knew it
i knew it
i googled him okay the character in satc, and not the porn star.
-ahem-
typo
I googled him OKAY , the character in satc and not the porn star
- sigh -
Prerona,
Oh I remember being crazy about Fauji in school. SRK and his friend who said "I say chaps". Cute, it was :D
Brat,
LOL. You are too funny!
And you didnt know who Aiden was in SATC? You dont know characters from SATC? You have much to learn, Young Padawan ;)
not every faggot is a Stanford Blatch in the making. just because I am a faggot, doesnt meant I have to go all ecstatic about satc !!! [snigger] its only dh for me.
even you casa, even you fell prey to em stereotypes.
- sigh - sniffle - sob - nahiiiiii
you have caused me much pain. and the only way u can cover up is by buying me an ubercool louis vuitton wallet or alternatively find me Mistah Big !!!
[u reckon his name had a pun!?]
Brat,
Roobish. Stop getting dramatic :p
Watching SATC has nothing to do with being Stanford. It has everything to do with it being super cool. You arent cool, you mean? :(
And talking of gay men in SATC, there is always Anthony and Marcus... who are just such hunks that one cant stop drooling :D
Oh I am sure the name has a pun, but in the end they give him a name - John. And if I do find him, I'll keep him for me ;)
lol
well then dear, i am not to be being the cools.
and p.s:- anthony- ewwwww !!! marcus:- ohsocute.
fine u can have BIG, find me marcus.
Done deal. Will find him in China and mail order to you :-)
Im bored and sleepy.. and you missed Trey Mcdougal..the impotent self-righteous insecure idiot.
I think he is as umimportant and it gets. Fool of a Mcdougal!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home