Thinking Aloud
Sometimes, we wonder about all the questions in life. At other times, we wonder, if we are asking the right questions at all. When did we start having so many different things to worry about, that even thoughts needed to be prioritised? Is it true that we have too many choices in life? Would things be different if every decision was made for us, and we had no say? Wouldnt we then wonder about the 'what-if'? Someone mentioned, that we always want, what we cant have. Is it therefore human nature to pursue the forbidden fruit? Isnt that how it all started? Can we therefore blame it on Adam, and be at peace with running and searching for the greener grass, even when we are standing on the greenest lawn ever? Did we stop getting fulfilment in relationships and family, and start looking for it in our careers? Maybe that is why we need to distract ourselves by looking for happiness elsewhere. Maybe that is why we are all running in the rat race, chasing the perfect job in the perfect company in the perfect city. Chasing a dream, which is perfect, simply because it is a dream. And perhaps once we achieve it, the perfection will be lost. And it wont be as precious anymore. Strange, isnt it? Do we really find more thrill in the chase than the kill? Whether it is running after the perfect dream, the perfect job, the perfect guy or the perfect girl... the strategising and the game-planning sometimes gives more of a high than the actual achievement. Maybe because the moment of glory is after all just a moment. And a moment is never sufficient for us. Us, who always want more. More love, more power, more money. Speaking of money, someone told me I am looking for an excuse to spend money. Knowing that I cant eat or wear money, I figured spending was what it was meant for, in the first place. At the same time, if tomorrow, I need to let go of my spending habits, I will. Like all other things in life. I'm trying to teach myself, very slowly indeed, to not like anyone or anything be the central pillar in life. If tomorrow, you need to let something go, you should still be able to survive. For instance, if tomorrow I need to stop blogging, I will. At times, I wish I could turn back time to the days where my friends didnt read my blog. But that is a fleeting moment. It passes. Because thanks to that, I dont live in two different worlds, being too different persons. Somewhere, in everyone's lives, the fantasy and reality elements should converge, and not diverge. I think if you live in a make-believe world all the time, you are in trouble. If you start building a make-believe world about your past, you are in deeper trouble. If all the people who think you are the greatest thing ever, belong to this fantasy world of yours, I think you need serious help. Hmm. I guess a lot of questions will always remain unanswered. I am just happy I sometimes ask them.


20 Comments:
'people who think you are the greatest thing ever' and the stocks for Narissism Inc. continue to soar
Guess the reason why most of us like to live in the fantasy world is coz its an easy escape route frok reality!
oh u think a lot :P
Rohan,
Great. Maybe you should invest some money there.
Anand,
Sometimes it is scary to escape so long and so far out, that you begin to imagine the fantasy world to be reality.
Aristera,
Separated at birth, eh ;)
Godolphin,
Yup, I do.
*Sometimes, we wonder about all the questions in life. At other times, we wonder, if we are asking the right questions at all*
Beautifully written and this line has a lot more meaning...to me it means simply that the reason why we dont get the right answers is coz we dont always ask the right questions! and that may just be the key to a happier life:-)
Very insightful
Hey !
This is something I can seek a resemblance to once in a while. We all keep asking ourselves questions. How many times though, do we get the correct answers...and without a second thought?
I bet that is what separates the great people from the ordinary - the ability to find correct answers to their own questions and if the answer is wrong, have the courage to stick with it and work to convert it into the right one.
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
did you just read my mind or something?
freaky deja vu feeling as i read this post!
My questions keep me happy too.:)
Do we really find more thrill in the chase than the kill?
U put it well. Well after all doesn't greatest pleasure lie in competing with urself.
Cheers,
Nitin
Oh the good old days when many of these question wouldn't have risen at all - sigh...we are turning into a warped, cynical race I tell you...
Ekta,
That is another problem... we are always chasing a 'happier' life, isnt it? Again, we always want more.
Anshul,
Oh well.
Guns,
I dont want to be great. I just want to know where I am headed.
San,
Haha... I am sure these thoughts have crossed all our minds at some point of time.
EU,
:)
Nitin,
Are you the Nitin I know??
Gee,
So totally true. The curse of the 21st century!
"I am just happy I sometimes ask them."
very nice, deliberative post!! here after a long time! howve u been? come over sometime!!
You think, I execute (at least the evil bitchy stuff) ;)
Har har har...
overheard " Its wonderful isnt it..not needing anyone and no one ever needing you..but if you can go around the world like that,I will ask you to teach me how "
Its one of those things na.. letting go.. we shud learn to do that..but at the same time..no point in worrying about it till you get to that bend. After all, nothing is indespensible...
Shubhodeep,
Thanks. Will do.
Jupiter,
Oh yeah, baby ;)
Ligne,
And there is no point of living life in the fear of losing what we have. Tomorrow is always another day.
Another philiosphical piece...
I come from a 5 day vacation with my brain yet to kick start. And I see this post. Dude, Please serve something light and easy.
selfish being that i am - post a post i'm bored ;)
Kazarelth,
One in a while, I am allowed to indulge, no? ;)
Jingu,
Sorry, this is a buffet. No ala carte ordering allowed :p
San,
Coming up soon, my dear!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home