Thursday, July 13, 2006

July: An Indian Monsoon

Warm home-baked cake. Cold rain-laden breeze.
Flowers for no reason. Driving around in this season.
Drops of water, on your hair.
Sleeping in the afternoon, without a care.
Long phone calls. Longer naps.
Chatting with Mom. Eating with Dad.
Parathas. Pani puris. Chicken tikka.
Cute babies from the neighbourhood. With toothless smiles.
Switching channels everytime Himesh Reshammiya appears.
Cheering for Italy. Sad for Nadal.
'Dil Chahta Hai', for the umpteenth time.
Just being.

Isnt that what home is all about?

18 Comments:

Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

wow!!...am the 1st 1!!...home sweet home!!!:-)...this 1 makin me feel even more lazy!!!;-)

12:52 AM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

"Just being."

True. So true!

2:11 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeee..

6:56 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Its good that you are supporting my home country..except for that f materazzi :)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Enjoiii ur stay and the chicken tikkas :(

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yenjoy....and bring back some food.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

couldnt have written it better myself..covers it all!
aha...got me nostalgic about mumbai!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Apy said...

That was pretty nice .. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

Yayayayayayayayayaya. Ensaaai like anything ma!

10:40 AM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

:) :) good good...nicely written...I wonder when can I have such a time again in my life...Though in my case it would have been cheering for france and happy for federer :D :D

btw are you in India kya ?

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a nice holiday:) Keep watching DCH!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

how did u forget garam chai and alu bhajjis!?;-)

2:50 PM  
Blogger KM said...

absolute sweetness!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Sleeping like a log;
Forgetting your blog!

Being at home is nice.
;-)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

nice :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

I wish I could stay at home forever ... :(

3:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DEG,
July is the season to be lazy, I say :D

Gee, EU,
*wide grin*

Totti,
Now if only you played cricket half as well as Totti plays football ;)

Rohan,
Yup, doing that.

Ritwik,
Will do.

Ekta, Apy,
Thanks.

WT,
Yes da, I am doing that wonly :p

Raul,
Yes, in India. Home for a week, which is almost over now :(

Duhita,
Have watched it a zillion times now...

Anshul,
Trying to :)

Anand,
Aloo bhajjis and samosas... yummmy!

Khizzy,
Rains are good na!

Aris,
Oh, but these are cute babies that dont trouble us for too long. And yes, that guy seems to be singing every song on TV these days! Irritating voice!

Jingu,
Oh well, I choose to blame it on dial-up internet connection at home :p

Prerona,
Really? I dont think I could stay here forever though... I need my pace, my space and my crazy life back after some time :)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home