Monday, May 22, 2006

We are like that wonly

I have a new seat in office. By the window. I was thrilled with the idea of having the sea view from my own window. Not quite so. However, in between the concrete, glass and steel, I've atleast managed a small piece of sky. Less than 10% of the entire window space, but it's a start.
(And by that I dont mean that I will raze the buildings to the ground till I have more of a view. Gosh, the things you imagine!)

A new pair of earrings is the joie-de-jour. Square and silver and very retro. R killed it by saying it would look like a wall clock, if only it had hands. Her offer to add hands to them was politely but firmly declined. Some people have no taste. Tsk tsk.

Studies have not been going as badly as I expected. I even finished my quota for the day early enough on Sunday, to go out for dinner. Slow, but sure. That's what I keep telling myself. Two weeks more to freedom. And a possible trip home after that. Fingers crossed for now. Very, very crossed.

Shopping for birthday gifts was never easy for me. If I havent known the person for long, I'm spoilt for choices. Hence, confused. If I have known the person long enough, I've probably gifted him or her almost all the possible 'gifts' appropriate for the person. Either way, I am lost. I have to stop buying things I would like someone to have, and start buying things they would like to have. Tough one there, no?

There are only 2 applications I can use to type blog posts. Either, the blogger window itself, or a draft email on Lotus notes. Yes, it is some weird disorder which prevents my thoughts from flowing, the moment I open MS Word or a Notepad. Some deeper pyschological relevance it will have, that I am sure of. Meanwhile, plis forgive obveous spelling erors coz I dont run spelcheck.

22 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

I totally agree with you on the typing of blog posts. I can use only the Blogger interface. 'Tis only one of many, many quirks. :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Me too, me too..But it could do more with the fact that I don't quite know how that email thingi works.
Gift shopping is a nightmare for me.But I so love doing it.I just totally love the whole excercise of thinking and thinking for eternity for the perfect gift.It just has to click, and it has to have meaning, and it so has to do with the essence of my relationship with that person..
And I shud stop.I've been studying.I think you can tell.:D

10:56 AM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

Casa,
Its your blog.. so no need to apologize for anything you write on it.. who cares for correct spelling as long as d reader gets the point.!!
Keep blogging :-)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishful,
I feel better. I thought I was the *only* one who didnt use Word to type out posts.

EU,
Yes yes, you need a break from studies :D
Thinking up gifts is fun, but sometimes you've used up all your ideas. Then what?

Aristera,
I do a bit of both. Or, I buy 2 gifts ;)

Justme,
Oh well, spellings might not matter, but personally, I dont like using SMS lingo for writing posts. Doesnt seem right, no?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

ooh!
How I envy a seat next to a window..some of the lucky bums here actually have a full sea view!
But my seat also has its advantages...tucked away in one corner..noone knows or cares what am upto!;-)

1:54 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

SEA VIEW??
Where in the world is your office? AMAZING !! I know theres a commerce college in my native place (Karwar, Karnataka) which is built right on the beach. Can you imagine THAT??

I also not run spellcheck. Somehou, i seem mistaking my grammer to, always. You englis reading-writing teach me? [:-p]

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

3:20 PM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Ha! Ha! earrings for a wall clock..I can imagine the look on ur face. Retro, Metro, Chic, Shabby...for some of us..fashion is truly a mystery or should I say fashion is synonymous with comfort:)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ekta,
Oh well, that is the downside to this seat. Everyone keeps walking by and my monitor is pretty much for public viewing :(

Guns,
Singapore is quite a small place... any high rise building has a sea view ;)

Orchid,
I guess I will have to put up photos of the earrings to resolve this. It does NOT look like a clock :(

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

:(

Working, it doesn't matter where my seat is :((

You going home :(( I can't go home :(((

7:41 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

where is home i can ask ah? :)

and i can type posts only on MS Word and nothin else.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can type posts only on blogger. Spellchecks for blogging should be a criminal offense.

I refuse to break such a law.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe strangely enough these days I type my posts on Wordpad and/or MS word b4 I post them...reason being dial-up internet connection, making it expensive to type posts online! Such days I am seeing I tell you *strikes melodramatic pose*

Geets

1:43 AM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Hey girl...
long time i've scrapped ur page..
was going thru all the posts i missed and they are awesome as usual...my instincts tell me to increase ur share in the publishing house to 65 % now...are u a game now ?

And i've missed all the songs for the past 2 weeks :(. Damn me...

so be ready for a lot of crap and nonsense on ur blog again :D :D

11:50 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

Damn,
I hate my seat...right in the middle..with people all ard me..even I want a secluded corner so I can do whatever I want...!!

And sea-view..yeah...someday!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

I've not seen you, but still feel that "square" earrings make one look less feminine. :-) Clock! R's imagination good! :-))

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should learn the unix editor vim. awesome for typing blog posts :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Me,
Shhhh... dont jinx it. Havent got leave approval yet :(

Archster,
Home is a small, small town, far far away ;)

Dee,
Oh well, I dont really abide by the rule all the time. Sometimes I cheat and check the spelling of a particular word ;)

Geets,
Internet dialup prevents you from logging on as your user name too? Bad, bad internet!

Raul,
"scrapping" my page?? Too much time on orkut, you have spent. Far too much time.
*shakes head with disappointment*

Anand,
But on the bright side, you can never slack off, so you will be able to finish work faster than other lazy people like me ;)

Jingu,
If earrings are supposed to be feminine, how can one type make you less feminine? Anti-thesis, that is :p

Anshul,
Oh yes, come and show off your geek lingo on my blog. Tsk tsk :p

1:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wallclock! aahahhahahhahaha

I am tempted to agree..
what? I said tempted to

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

you think all earrings are feminine? Think again.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

Wow...window seat...thats cool!!
I also got 2pairs of earrings a few dez back...and this 1 time I got a rectangle shaped earring and a frd of mine sed it luked like a window!!!...bt I think it lukd cool;-)
Well,gud that studies not goin that bad...wish I cud se that abt myself!!!;-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
Wait till I tell you what I think of each of those "things" you call earrings. Hrrmmmph and all that :p

Jingu,
Yea pretty much. Infact other than studs, any ear piece a guy wears makes him look feminine :p

DEG,
Oh never mind what friends say. Dont worry too much about studies... one last lap, and then you are free :D

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home