Sunday, May 07, 2006

I wish upon a star..

So I watched MI:3 yesterday. And as if Tom Cruise wasnt enough for a 'paisa wasool' movie, they threw in Jonathan Rhys Meyers just to be sure (he played the coach in 'Bend it like Beckham' and he is Irish. Need I say more?). Oh, the hotness and the cuteness quotient shot through the roof, ladies and gentlemen. The action was good, the pace was fast and the plot was moderate. the leading ladies were crap. And no, I'm not being a biatch because I was jealous. They really were bad. But there was Berlin, Vatican and Shanghai, all in 2 hours. The Jupiter and me could not stop ooh-ing and aah-ing.

The rest of the saturday was spent studying. Also in hogging yummy pizza and garlic bread. And in drinking 1.5 litres of masala pepsi. Oh yes, another of those yummy concoctions, who's recipe I cannot reveal. But it suffices to say many have fallen to it's charm *wink*.

Of course we also dressed up in the evening to go shopping. To reward ourselves for a good afternoon of studies. Ummm... we didnt! Because the stores close down by the time we got ready. Bummer. But still, atleast we dressed up. That is what counts. Apparently. My nails are painted the brightest red ever. The colour is aptly named Chick Flick. And no, they dont look trashy. And yes, that is a good excuse to wear red shirts, carry red bags, and tie red scarves. Oh, the excuses!

Announcement: The niece has been named. Rewa. A star. I am sure she will be. The photos have come in. And the 3-week old angel looks pink and small. Very very cute!

14 Comments:

Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Oh nice, thats a really nice name.DROOL..pizza haven't had one in ages..hmm could do that for lunch tomorrow..Can't wait for these exams to get done with, have so much catching up to do, well the girls always suck in such movies, how will the men look good otherwise?!!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

saw MI:3 yesterday and was pissed off as hell... whats with the romance angle. They have taken the TV show (which was far better by any measure) and destoryed the concept.

And yes.. the leading ladies were utterly useless. Hope X3 and The Da Vinci Code dont disappoint.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sure is nice to be guys. Sounds a lot less expensive!

Nice to hear about your niece :)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

pizza, garlic bread, masala pepsi... neat combo huh.

and red nail paint, red shirt, red bag n red scarves.. talk about painting the town red.

3:55 PM  
Blogger the One said...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, actually. And the chap had absolutely no role in the flick. Utter waste of screen space.

But the locations were cool. And, like you said, it was pacy. Paisa vasool.

8:32 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

If we're lucky MI3 will hopefully be released sometime this year in theatres here. *sigh* ;) And rewa is such a lovely name! :) Now go study man!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
You have exams too? Good good. Misery needs company. And the men look awesome, pretty ladies or not. Drool-worthy they are. *slurp*

Big Man,
Ummm... well... I loved the movie. The men, the pace, the slick direction. And yes, waiting for Da Vinci Code too.

Aristera,
Merci merci. And you are too kind to be true ;)

SS,
Oh sweetheart, but you miss out on such pleasures of life like shopping ;)

Me,
Hehe.. totally. Red is bright. Bright is me.
(Okay, now that is really carrying it too far, but I can still try, cant I? ;) )

The One,
Pliss to not utter such words about hot Irish guys. Bad karma. And thank you, have corrected the post.

Wishful,
Oh, I thought nowadays releases in India were only a couple of weeks delayed. And yes I am studying. Aint I allowed a break?? I know of *some* people who take more breaks than actual thesis writing :p

10:51 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Oh nothing beats delays in movie releases UK?I hope MI 3 gets released by next year.This place..I tell ya..

11:31 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

wow - that sounds nice! and so does the background music. mom was looking for this song i think! whats it called?

4:56 AM  
Blogger jhantu said...

U actually liked Mi-3. WAAAAH!! The movie was a one big f***-up is waht i think. Atleast girls had some cute guys to check out, poor guys like us didnteven have that.

I hope u noticed ethan hunt working out a class 10 height and distance problem using bizzare unknown math symbols and numericals while figuring out the whole fulcrum bullshit thingie.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Rewa it is eh? Great!

and jhantu's comment above is totally funny!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

I think MI-3 didn't serve enough eye-candy for a guy.....my paisa was surely not wasool

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

Hey,
havent see MI3 yet--guess will have to catch it soon!
and hey congrats on being an aunt..and rewa sounds so cute...lovely name!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
Oh, then that is another reason why I like Singapore. Coz even HK had delayed releases. Sucks.

Prerona,
'Tu bin bataye' from Rang de Basanti.

MJNH,
Yes we noticed. But we forgive. A guy who looks so freakin good even at 43, will be forgiven for much more, let alone a grade 10 math problem ;)

Jupiter,
Yup, Rewa it is. NOT to be confused with rava, which is the dosa you were planning to eat last night :)

Pointy,
Hehe... they made it for the girls.

Ekta,
I think the name sounds a little grown up. Not baby-cute enough. But then, you cant wait to name the kid till she is 10 I guess. Oh well.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home