Monday, May 08, 2006

PostSecret.com

I am scared of scary movies and ghost stories. I once refused to go back to my hotel room and slept in my friend's room instead, after exchanging spooky tales for a good part of the night.

I once plagiarized part of a poem when I was 8 years old and showed it to my sister, who realised instantly and told everyone about it. I promised myself I'll never copy poetry again and have stuck to originals henceforth.

I had a huge crush on my neighbour's son when I was in high school. I would run to the window whenever I would hear his bike start, and then pretend that I was not looking at him.

At 12, I was a tomboy, and was certain that I will never want to marry, never paint my nails and never use a handbag instead of a backpack. My sister and me promised each other and she still holds on to the promise. Except the marriage bit, that is.

I am terrified of having children. I love children, though.

I secretly envy people who grew up in big cities, even though I still love being the small town girl who made it big. Except, that the town aint that small. And, I havent made it big yet. Oh well.

I have wondered, on more than one occasion, if I have agony aunt written on my forehead.

Some people are too stiff to give a friendly hug, even when they want to. I wish I could change that. I love hugging people.

Although I hated the question as a kid, I think I do have an answer to my aunt's trying-hard-to-be-cute line "who do you love more, mom or dad?". I dont think my dad will want to know the answer, though.

I have never tried smoking a cigarette in my life. And I dont plan to either. I am too chicken and too much of a good-two-shoes-wannabe to do it.




I am afraid. I think I spoke too much there. But secrets are like that, arent they? :)

30 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yayyy me first ..gold medal.. :P
*reverse psychology or some such*

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Haaaa, now I know your secrets. Everything you said will be used against you in the court of law and you do not have the right to an attorney.

*Light's a cigarette*

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anyway, what brought this on?

And the French say.." Il ne faut jurer de rien"

It means "never say never" ;)

1:19 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Aha! :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

Heh! What use is a secret if you don't tell it to someone! :) So where does an agony aunt go when she is agonizing over something??

1:49 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
*throws stones her way for doing the 'gold medal' thing*
It's so not us, dear ;)
As for what brought this on... nothing in particular, except my occasion visit to PostSecret.

Me,
Where are all the lawyers when you need one?!!
*points to 'No Smoking' sign behind*

Wishful,
Oho! :)

Primalsoup,
So where does an agony aunt go when she is agonizing over something??
Now, THAT, my dear, will be kept a secret ;)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hey wow!
we ALL have our secrets dear and its great that u chose to share them on blog!
As for me..I still feel like a tomboy!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

*Takes a deep puff and blows towards the 'No Smoking' sign*

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secrets? I had assumed all those. A photograph and a name would be more like it!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ekta,
These is but just the tip of the iceberg. Many of my secrets will never see the light of day ;)

Me,
*brings out the fire extinguisher*

SS,
You already knew all of that? You are a psychic too? :)
As for a photograph, might just happen one of these days ;)

5:21 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Hey, you posted this today?
I had browsed through to your blog in the morning and the window was still open. Now, I just came back and realized that this post wasn't there earlier.

LOL, those are the ONLY secrets you have? Ummm...don't think so.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

5:59 PM  
Blogger scout said...

I really like that website. Cute confessions btw... if I ever did a version of this... no one would ever, EVER talk to me :D

6:00 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

You are coming of your anonymity in a "wow" way! :-)
All is left is a face to pin it to the character.
:-)



P.S: If you are going to post on a Sunday, do inform me yaar. You have instilled in me the habit of not checking your blog on weekends.
:-))

11:14 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

I's funny thinking of you as a tomboy, esp 1 post after you admit to painting your nails red and then colour coding your entire attire!

I like this idea - mayhaps me will do it sometime!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does smoking a ciggy make you bad person...Pliss do explain ;)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Casa! I saw your comment in pointy's blog about a 4 seater sedan's ability to seat only one person. Very funny. But have you ever experienced that? Your own world! Whatever music you want to play! Or news stations! It's like being in a bubble on your way to office. A bit expensive bubble.
Ofcourse some have kid seats and hence kids to be taken care of.
:-)

1:30 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

Hey I luv horror movies:-D...and no need to smoke cigs either...its a complete waste of money!!!...its fun posting a few secrets here and there;-)

1:47 AM  
Blogger Michelangelo ;) said...

Very brave, i must say :D.

First time on your blog. liking every bit of it.

3:59 AM  
Blogger twip said...

ohhhh we likey this post secret idea....and we love hugging people too!
:)
and pliss to note that we like designer wear a lot.:D

8:01 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Like I said in my recent post..it takes a bit of guts to be honest and let the skeletons out of the closet.You still rock..more so, methinks,because I cannot stand smoking or smokers.Only exception I will ever make is that blogger with a hand over blue and red paint.

8:39 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

feel like we all have fears/secrets similar to yours..some can say it out loud..some cannot..

9:08 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Guns,
Yes I posted it on monday. I update my blog pretty regularly :)
Of course, the other secrets shall continue to remain secrets ;)

Scout,
Ummm... same here. Which is why I stuck to 'cute' confessions ;)

Jingu,
A face, you say? But it will never turn out to be the one each of you would've already drawn in your mind. More on that idea in my next post :)
As for being in your own bubble, that is what an ipod or a radio is for. I use public transport here, and trust me, I am always in my own bubble. So there :D

Gee,
Oh yes, I've changed so much since then, sometimes even I dont recognise myself :)
And plis to do this. It is most fun!

DEG,
Oh well, but then some might argue that a manicure is as much a waste of money as a cigarette, no? :)

PP Pilot,
Merci. *takes a bow*
I'd like to say keep visiting, but then I dont promise interesting secrets everyday, so.... :)

Punkster,
Yes yes, do this post. Maybe I should make a tag of this!
*grins ear to ear on finally coming up with an original tag*
And yes I got the point you were trying to make about Marc Jacobs. I am sure you love it too. And I hope, unlike me, you can afford it :(

EU,
I have 2 very good friends who do smoke, so I am quite tolerant to smokers. The only reason I try to stop them sometimes is for their sake. As for the creepy hand blogger, sowwie, I didnt realise you know him personally. My bad :)

Ligne,
These are just some of them. Lots more that I cant say out loud. So they will never see the light of day, or blog.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

aha!
So uv opened the dark secret box which is usually safely tucked under the bed and the keys thrown away!:-)
Great attempt...maybe someday will muster the courage to open my box too!

9:47 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Hahaha..no no I don't know that creepy hand blogger personally, I just love his poetry so much that I am ready to turn a blind eye..Hmm well I have 'friends' too who smoke but I can't help but loathe the habit.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anonymous,
No I didnt claim a cigarette makes a person bad. Makes their lungs bad, but let's leave that for now, shall we. What I said what, I am too chicken to even give it a try. So there, your question is answered :p

Anand,
That was one of the main reasons I started blogging - to be honest to myself, and hopefully to others. It took me a year, but I like the fact that I can lay myself bare here and not be too bothered about being judged. Very liberating, I tell ya.

EU,
Oh we like his poetry too! And like drunken loony behaviour too! Ok ok, we wont talk too much about him and make him feel all important now, ok? Ok :D

9:55 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

I used to not be scared of ghosts ... but after recently being spooked by my sister am scared now :(

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh kind hearted soul, much appreciation for answering my question :)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad haunting music..hmmm..:)..
Like it..

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad haunting music..hmmm..:)..
Like it..

2:24 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Prerona,
I dont believe in ghosts or afterlife, yet I'm mortally afraid of ghost stories. Dont ask. Weird, I am.

Queer,
Of course, the other secrets shall continue to remain secrets ;)
I tried a hukkah once though... didnt taste that bad. But didnt realise what the big deal was all about.

Anonymous,
Kind hearted? Yes yes, that's me. We are like that wonly.

Anonymous again,
I see that you didnt turn off the sound on your PC this time ;)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home