Friday, May 05, 2006

Bang bang bang

Wokay. So that break turned out to be longer than I ever expected. I was busy! And I dont mean I-dont-know-what-to-blog-so-I'll-pretend-busy busy. I mean working-studying-cooking-sleeping-less-than-5-hours busy! And I know you've missed me (yes, play along darling, just this once), but a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. Umm, work. I mean.

So the exam nears, and I have made up my mind to never do part-time studies again. It leaves you completely drained. After making up my mind on that, I've gone ahead and happily explored the option of doing a part-time diploma in economics or some such serious sounding stuff next year, thanks to inspiration from a friend (who in all probability will never get around to doing it himself!). Yes, such is the contradiction that is me. Pliss to adjusht kindly.

Somebody has been told off. Not something I like doing, but the person leaves me with no choice. I guess at some point we have to realise that no matter how much we like or love a person, we have to allow the person to fight his or her own battles, and learn their lessons accordingly. So be it. One accepts reality. One moves on.
(one also whispers to the small voice in the head to take it easy at times... )

I made a decision today, which might or might not go to right way. I will let you know in 3 months' time. For now, all I can say is that there is a very distant possibility that I might spend a couple of months working in some place up north this year. But what is done is done.
*edna mode tone* I never look back, dahling. It takes away from the now.

I am not amused with people pointing fingers and judging those who are chic and rich enough to afford designerwear. Dont get me wrong. I dont shop designer. Some day, when I can afford to, I might. Yet, I wont try to pull you down just coz you do. You ask me how?
Lame excuse #2467: You shouldnt spend 200 bucks on a single pair of designer shoes when you can get 10 cheap pairs in that amount.
Dahling, dahling... if someone thinks its worth their money, what is it that really bothers you? Who makes you the authority on decisions about whether quantity is more important than quality? Stop being so righteous and let others be.

Lame excuse #3578: You shouldnt buy designer clothes if you cant carry them off well.
Please, and I mean puhhhleeeez, show me someone who CANT carry off a Gucci bag or Ferragamo shoes or a Burberry coat? Where do these people exist? The reason the designer stuff is so desired is because it makes almost everyone look better!

Lame excuse #8905: I dont know why the designer stuff exists because you can get similar designs in cheap stores.
The cheap retail stores are cheap because they dont employ high-end designers. They instead copy designs from those fashion lines that actually do employ high-end designers. So someone's gotta feed that industry, and why do you complain if someone willingly does that, so that you, CheapShopperPremier, get your clothes for pennies.

I could go on and on... but there isnt much point in this. Except to rant about fools who take this moral highground to preach that shopping is good, only if you do it their way. Yes, please pray to god, only if you follow my god.
Sigh... what can I say.

Okay sweethearts, I must run off for a much needed pedicure now and try to balance my bimbotic tendencies by studying while someone scrubs my feet. Enjoy the weekend. And be fashionably good. Hugs and all that.

23 Comments:

Blogger educatedunemployed said...

:)Happy weekend to you too and I hate exams..sigh!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

1.All the best for your exams!

2.Whom are you taking a snipe at by saying, "And I dont mean I-dont-know-what-to-blog-so-I'll-pretend-busy busy"? Obviously you by making that comment imply that you know that that excuse exists.

3.Does north mean Mainland China, you globe-trotter?


And have a nice weekend. Compensate by your absence by a weekend post, will ya?

10:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
What makes is worse is that I took this exam upon myself voluntarily, so I have nobody or nothing to blame for it.
*gulp*

Jingu,
1. Exam, not exams! One is bad enough :(
2. Haha... taking a snipe at some people who accused me of not blogging and pretending to be busy. Off the blog, that is. All useless banter though, nothing serious :)
3. I aint a globe-trotter. I wish I were. And no, it wont be China. But my lips are sealed as of now.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Designer stuff is all very well if someone chooses to spend their money and wear it.

It becomes a problem when you're judged because you *don't* wear designer wear, and everyone from the waiters to the other patrons at a restaurant stare at you as if you were some sort of primitive organism.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Ahh Dahling, part time studies suck BIG TIME. Actually, studies suck.

3:32 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

For sheer lack of a better word, that was a rather 'perky' post! :) Don't ask, ok? Ok. And what exams are these? Anyways, whatever they are, all the best and all that jazz...And yeah, you were missed. Stop smiling.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Ooh, another personal attack. Thanks :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rays Of Sun said...

Hey! Its nice to know your views about designer clothes..
All I say is "Each one for his own"
BUT,
Please, and I mean puhhhleeeez, show me someone who CANT carry off a Gucci bag or Ferragamo shoes or a Burberry coat? Where do these people exist? The reason the designer stuff is so desired is because it makes almost everyone look better!

I can show you 10 girls who SO cannot carry off a Gucci or louis vuitton bag! or a Polo and few other who can carry a 5$ top with equal elan:)

Its not the clothes but the elegance that accentuates a person's personality!

Some ppl can dress cheap (cheap in terms of $$) and still look classy and some ppl who run off their credit limit and still look trashy:)

10:49 AM  
Blogger karuna said...

Must learn that never look back thing, its a waste of time I tell you!
Anyway best of luck for the exams...

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And most people who buy cheap look cheap and most people who wear Burberry manage to look classy.

Simple as that. Not everyone is a diva on a dime. Some look like divas and the rest like dimes.

5:26 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

I also want to do a part-time course, but am not good at juggling work and studies...sigh!

Hehe funny how you made a decision to let others fight their own battles - I made a similar decision this week. To not rely on others and fight my own battles. It's a tough world out there and lonely too!

Fashinably good? I'm always good!

Bon weekend!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anshul,
My dear, there's a difference between dressing well and dressing designer. While the former might not involve the latter, the latter usually results in the former :)

Me,
Umm... I enjoy the studying bit. It is the exam deadline which hangs like a sword on my head and makes me nervous.

Wishful,
*grinning ear to ear*
Awww... nice to be missed. Oops, did you ask me not to smile?
Exam is some financial certification that I plan to take. Dont ask, ok? Ok.

Sayesha,
You give yourself far too much credit there, my dear :)

ROS,
Must be me and my friends, who NEVER run into such being who need an extra 'something' to carry off a designer bag. Its just a bag after all. And no, the suggestion here isnt that only designer stuff adds personality, but that it always adds to it. And if people can dress cheap and still look good, but why does that mean that people who dress well look cheap?
PS: To each his own... well said. So let those who wanna dress designer dress so. I hope you see the point in your point.

Karuna,
Yes, but convincing oneself that it is a waste of time takes a hell lot of time also, no?

Jupiter,
Amen to that.

Gee,
Neither am I good at juggling, which is why I've left it to the last moment. Sigh.
And that is a good decision. So yes, you are always good :D

8:44 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

that whole telling someone off para, ohmigod, that's exactly what i did today. 'cept in a long full bodide email. i so hate confrontation!!! when's the exams i say?

12:49 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

oh, and i'm going to agree with rays there... i see all these rich people all over the place, with their louis v's and pradas and guccis. and it makes me sick, how hideous they look!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about the fake Ralph Lauren shirt you wore tonite ;) ;)

2:17 AM  
Blogger twip said...

You shouldnt buy designer clothes if you cant carry them off well.

thats so goddamn true. It really is. You wont believe the number of aunties I see wearing overtight Marc Jacobs blouses or some such.

eugh!

2:54 AM  
Blogger jhantu said...

I love designer clothes and dont give a rat;s ass if i can carry them off or not!! If smeone comments I can just point them to the label and the conversation can be conveniently redirected from how i look to how cool i am to be wearing a label.

But its a bit hard on the pocket esp on my salary. thats my only god damn regret!!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Bgfs,
The exam is a financial certification I'm taking voluntarily. Dont ask why. Sometimes, we make mistakes ;)
As for the rich people with designer clothes, what really looks hideous? Their show of wealth, or the actual gucci and prada bags? Because if its the former, clearly, you are being unfair to the designer bags then.

Evil Friend,
Err.. your point being?

Punkster,
Ummm... are we saying that older women should not wear tight clothes? Or are we saying Marc Jacobs makes only tight clothes? If the aunties will look bad wearing any other tight blouse as well, why blame designer wear?

MJNH,
If you want to distinguish yourself from others, you've gotta pay a price for it.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My point being that you are basically contradicting your words by action. Calling others a CheapShopperPremier and wearing fake ralph lauren stuff. Hold one stand and stick to it. Dont go on and on about designer wear and buy/wear fake stuff on the side. And if you have to take the designer route don't judge others who wear fake coz in your weak moments you have done the same. Live and let live basically!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

I thought I was quite clear... my point isnt that every MUST wear designer, but just because you shop cheap, you dont have to trash those who shop designer. So there, I hope now its easy to comprehend...

10:52 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

I've seen women weighing 180 lbs wearing branded spandex tights in Matheran. It looks plain pukey !!

[:-D]Designer or otherwise, theres really no dress in the world which can suit ANYBODY and EVERYBODY. So, wear what you are comfortable with and what fits you. If its designer, make sure its designed SPECIFICALLY for you and not for some 6'2" tall model whos got a physique like Hercules. Isn't that what designer means anyway...Designed specifically to suit YOU ??

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

6:05 PM  
Blogger twip said...

were saying that aunties should wear clothes that fit.:)

Marc Jacobs or otherwise.:D

11:47 PM  
Blogger twip said...

so were not blaming designer wear at all:D

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home