Go let it out
I'm not a happy person right now. I've spent all morning and afternoon working on something, which will have to be redone, simply because my boss made a mistake. So much for being enthusiastic and positive about work. Bah! To top it up, my office phone isnt working, and that's a convenient excuse for people on the other end of the line to say they didnt hear a word of what I said. So, I've been using my handphone for work calls all day. Double bah! The secretary is a big blob of blur. Which is I guess acceptable, given that if she was more, she wouldnt be a secretary. But now my (much senior) colleague is also behaving like a blob of blur. And, that, is not acceptable. #$!^&%#*!
*breathes*
Okay, since I've worked like crazy all morning, and its all going for a toss, I've decided to waste time. Wasting time equates to boring you with mundane details of my sad life. Yeah baby, yeah! Bali was all good. Except me losing my sunscreen and moisturiser. Big deal, did I hear you say? It is! Coz now my skin has broken out in the strangest of fashion, and I had to visit a doctor yesterday. So he examines my skin and we talk...
Doc: You've got swelling around your mouth
Me: (I know! That's why I came to see you!)
Me: *patiently* yes
Doc: The skin has also turned red
Me: (Yes, I'm not colour blind. Its called 'inflammation'!)
Me: *patiently* yes
Doc: Okay, I'll give you an antibiotic. Will you eat it?
Me: (No, I'll plug them into your ears and torture you. That's what I usually do with medicines!)
Me: *patiently* yes
And then people claim I'm impatient! Lets see how you do in such a situation. Hah!
Anyhoo, I shouldnt be meeting people till my face is in a more presentable state. (S told me girls are intrinsically and perpetually insecure about their looks. Yes I already know that. Tell me something new, will ya!) I have big plans of staying indoors this saturday and baking tons of brownies. Some friends have made me feel guilty about not having baked any for them. So expect me to smell like a grumpy old baker woman this weekend. Not that I am ever grumpy *wink*... or old, for that matter *wink wink*. Again, if you happen to be one of those who bugged me to bake brownies, please resist cracking stupid jokes right now. It might cost you brownies. And brownie points too *narrows eyes for a threatening glance*.
PS: I havent shopped for a week! And cheap sarongs in Bali DO NOT count. It was a holiday anyway! I am on rehab. And, its working! *pat on the back*


23 Comments:
Ofcourse sarongs in Bali count!!! LOL! And I totally sympathise with you about that doctor! When I tore a ligament in my ankle, this doc would tap on the swelling which was the size of a tennic ball and ask sweetly 'does that hurt?' YES, it does!!! %$@$%%$%$%$#^ Bah!
Hey! I've been in the 'Redo-all-that-you-did' phase for almost a WEEK now... that's the software industry for you! (And THAT'S why analysts are supposed to gather the darned requirements of the client COMPLETELY! Each day I come to work, and I hear that there have been changes in the requirements! Triple Bah! 'Analysts'! :D)
Wow brownies. Sounds yum. So how do we get one of our baked brownies?
Bali sounds like fun.You probable face issue doesn't.Doctors, ah well don't really get me started.And sarongs from Bali do count...:P
Wishful,
But but but... they were really cheap you know. Like a few dollars each only? *innocent face*
And the doc did that to you? Didnt you hit him with a tennis ball? But well, cant say much about doctors here, now can we.
*psst: half-english-docs patrol these lands you see ;) *
Moose,
Analysts! Bah, I tell you :p
But this thing about changing requirements... its ultimately the customers fault, no? Its just that we cant blame them, so we blame the analysts :)
Me,
Drop by my place this saturday :)
EU,
Oops, forgot that half-docs patrol this blog. Ahem ahem... what can I say now :p
And sarongs are cheap! Imagine, about 2-3 pounds each? That's small change and DOES NOT count :p
Hmm... No, I am not one of those who bugged you to bake brownies. Does that mean I can crack stupid jokes about you?
As I say always... go out and get sloshed...may be you'll be happy after that...works for me :) :)
and yeah be more expletive towards the bosses and secretaries...it helps the frustration go down...
am not drunk btw !!! :D :D
Your bad condition sounds funny. Can I laugh? Of course, yes...hahahahahahaha. :D
*narrows eyes for a threatening glance*
Is scaaaaared, very scaaaaaaared.
Oh, by the way, which song is it on your blog? I mean, the title and the movie? I've been hooked since yesterday...listening to it for the nth time.
Ever wonder why people visiting a doctor is called a Patient ?....guess it goes with the virtue
Excuse moi:Who is a half-doc here???Fully baked this brownie, woman!
Haha..and I like point5's take on the virtue..
SS,
Yeah, go right ahead :D
Raul,
Seriously. Need to vent my frustration!
Girl,
Can you laugh? You've already done the honours. Comedy in misery... sigh :(
Song is "chalo tumko lekar" from Jism.
Pointy,
Ah, for once you said something intelligent.
*pat on the back*
EU,
Oops, I thought the 'unemployed' status meant you were still completing your internship or whatever complicated education process you doctors go through ;)
Sowwie!
next time, you say
"boss...aap boss.d.k. ho!"
That was like a gazzillion years ago.Don't get me started on my unemployed status.*Makes hideous crying noises*.Some people don't get all the luck.:(
{hug} Kid! It happens all the time to everyone. It's called the Murphy's law. {/hug}
maybe that doctor is paranoid of being sued and goes into the "for dummies" mode.
You talking of weekend on Wednesday itself!! jeez!.
looks like dat is y work is work..!!
we ll have our good days too :-)
and oh yeah.. feels great to be blog.. will catch up on your posts some day soon..!!
irony of ironies.... just before reading your blog I happened to read this blog..
http://notanobserver.rediffiland.com//scripts/xanadu_diary_view.php?postId=1145297033
it was just a chance happening.. could relate to both of them... and man.... thats life..
Sorry. couldn't leave without commenting this time around. and point to be noted.. NOTHING IMPLIED. ..
Mani.
hahah!
(No, I'll plug them into your ears and torture you. That's what I usually do with medicines!)
That was hilarious--ROTFL!
sometimes stress and anxiety can bring the best humor outta us!
Zii,
Sowwie, that lingo doesnt make sense to me. Pliss to elaborate :p
EU,
Awwwww. Sometimes I guess, the doctor has to be patient :)
Jingu,
Why would I sue him for a general consultation? I can be scary, but not that scary :p
And there's no harm in planning ahead, no? *innocent puppy face*
Justme,
Long time no see! So, finally found time from work to return to blog world? :)
Mani,
No implications seen actually. Still wondering what connects that article (and its quite touching) and my post...
Anand,
Really? Then I'd rather be relaxed than humourous ;)
You got something against apostrophes? ;)
Well, in a way, it's true that the customers' requirements are what undergo a change from time to time. However, it is also the analyst's job to gather the requirements in as comprehensive a manner as possible, don't you think?
Ah, I'm digressing! :p
...since you seem to be on the analyst's side... are you an analyst yourself? ;)
The captcha seems to be pretty funny:
boooughn :D
heheh..casa...ur nuts girl!
I mean I was actually imagining u doing that to the medicines and then imagining myself doing that with my tonnes of medicines and seeing the fright on my docs face...heheheh!lol!
Moose,
Talk about nitpicking :p
>>its ultimately the customer's fault, no?
As for which side I am on.. it would depend on the situation, wouldnt it?
Ekta,
Dont ever tell someone I inspired you to torture your doctor. I might get sued, you know ;)
haha shop girl shop! shop now! and send me a brownie!!!
i had an asshole boss, but her boss fired her!! w-heeee!!!! *giggle*
and sheesh. stop. thank you, but stop no pliss. i'm all blushing and all after lovely things said about poetry. ;)
Bgfs,
Ah, brownies were baked today. Wish I could send you some.
PS: And its okay to keep blushing. Looks good, too ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home