So we're alone again...
Sometimes, when you miss someone, you actually realise what you liked about the person. Because you simply cant find it in others, however small a thing it might be. And we all have times, when these small things matter.
Maybe, today was that time.
You expect some people to look out for you always. Time and again, they give you ample reason to stop believing so. But like a fool, you continue believing. You assume you dont need to ask for it. Among friends, do you ever need to ask? Yet, the shock is so great when they leave you stranded, that you are left speechless, quite literally. By the time you actually realise that you might have to ask for support, they are gone. On hindsight you wonder, would it have been worth the effort to even ask?
A thousand explanations, people might have for taking off. A thousand good explanations. A thousand right reasons. But sometimes, right or wrong does not matter. Logic does not matter. Being grown up does not matter. What matters is saving that tear in your eye, when you find yourself alone at midnight, for a better day.


13 Comments:
I think its just hope - we want to believe that they are going to be there, we hope fervently and it takes a rude jolt to make it clear. Sometimes though I would rather it was not clear :)
you sound a bit upset, I hope you're better. take care. And if in despair go shopping, have some chocolate and maybe watch "Top Gun".
Do not put all your eggs in a single basket. Have a great number of friends around. So someone will always there to lend them their shoulder. And that's how I manage and survive through such times.
P.S: here, have my shoulder.
Ok first of all..Congrats on completing one year of blogging.Beautiful, thought provoking,funny,sentimental,warm,awesome,
amazing,sweet..(I do need help here I am running out of adjectives)..posts...I started reading your blog few weeks before I started my own.I thought here is one tough girl making it on her own in a far away land,away from her family battling each day to remain sane, to remain herself.A lot I have identified with.We all need anchors,some of us find them too.Some stay grounded some flow away with the tide.Such is life.A thousand questions do arise, more unanswered than reasoned with..but savour what there is to I say..surge ahead, there is no point looking back.Wishing you the very best and looking forward to many more years of blogging, and wonderful posts from you Casa..Cheers!
Lighten up...I have been had some down times like that too...I think time is the best healer..u will probably look back at and laugh at urself for ur current plight !
I know exactly what you mean...
nothing lasts forever.... not evn friends at times..:(
Stop the hyper-analyzing and drama. It wasn't half as bad u make it sound.
*hug*
"What matters is saving that tear in your eye, when you find yourself alone at midnight, for a better day"... you rock.
DC,
I guess sometimes we want it all. Was upset... but not for long :)
Jingu,
Yes, that's one way of looking at friendship.
EU,
*takes a bow*
You shower me with compliments, my dear. And me being me, I'll take all of them :D
Pointy,
Ummm... not exactly my 'plight', but well, some things, however small, do matter at times.
Aparna,
Hmmm... happens.
Garima,
That's a strong statement now, isnt it?
Anon,
Maybe it wasnt... but some times small things matter to me. What to do? We are like that wonly.
Jinxed,
Thanks.
RBT,
Would it be appropriate to say 'I know'? ;)
sometimes its not even unconcern that makes people go away, sometimes we just aren't as transparent as we believe we are. and what better way to find the stable ground but by feeling the land with our own feet?
Yeah it hurts but we still fall into the trap coz we hope...hope is smth that is inbuilt in our being...we can never really give up hope altogether...sometimes,it means so much,it hurts so much that nuth else really matters...mayb it wud've been worth asking or mayb it wudnt have...it doesnt really matter...
Ligne,
Very well said. But being grounded and being shown reality with a rude shock are different things, no?
DEG,
Yes, hurt matters. And there might not be any justification for being hurt, but hell, that doesnt prevent one from getting hurt.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home