I just want you to know...
Like a voyeur, you watch my life through this window. Interested in the highs and lows. The spice. You watch my life. Like a movie. Never say a word. No, you arent a trespasser of my virtual home. 'Coz it was me, who threw open the door, for you to walk in. But still, its strange to see you here...
I have just found out that a lot of people that I know read my blog, and know that it is my blog. They have never commented or made their presence felt, though. Much surprise. But yes, I respect them for being discreet about it... either it was too boring for them to read it, or they realised that talking to me about it would make it a little awkward. Made me think... my life is very much an open-book these days, isnt it? Do I regret it? No actually. Some parts of my life I prefer to keep to myself, and shall stay off the blog. For the rest, it just makes life easier when you dont have to be mysterious about yourself. Less effort. Also, please note, anonymity is NOT the same as mystery.
I wonder what you see of me when you walk in. I wonder if you see a larger-than-life picture... coz it isnt so. Its a simple life, of a
Sometimes I try to be humorous in narrating my life... sometimes I exaggerate my emotions... sometimes I say it as it is. But I wonder if it paints a larger-than-life picture of me. For all my emotions, I dont break down every now and then. For all my sadness, I'm not clinically depressed. For all my mood swings, I'm not loony. For all my binge shopping, I'm not that rich. For all my happiness, I'm not a all-is-good-with-the-world optimist. These are but just facets to my life. And I dont say it with smugness or pride, but there is a lot to my life, which you dont know of, despite it being an open book. I guess, some things we keep off the pages....
And while you are still watching this movie, and silently waiting for an exciting twist in the tale, here goes...
I am off to Bali for 4 days of sun, sleep and spa. In anticipation of all those comments which will ask me to 'have fun in Bali', allow me to say Thanks, will definitely try :)


26 Comments:
Yeah, have fun! :D
Having a boring holiday while we slog out butts off in singapore. Btw, how is the prep for tht exam that u give in june coming along?
I find it weird when people who know me in real life read my blog - it takes away some of the fun somehow.
oh and have fun in Bali, am very envious. Go soak up the sun and come back with stories to make us go green with envy.
Bali????Bali??????? Bah!!!! Bleady!!!! If you don't have a good time, I'm going to find you and bite you! :D
Aparna,
Now that comment has already been pre-emptively answered in the post ;)
My evil friend,
Roobish! You dont slog :p
And prep is coming along just fine, thankyeeverymuch.
*chants evil mantras*
DC,
Yes it does take away the fun... but once someone knows the blog, you cant undo it, can you?
And wont post any stories or pics. Dont want to make you green ;)
Wishful,
Now I'm wondering, were you holding the croc, or are you turning into one???
*I wonder what you see of me when you walk in. I wonder if you see a larger-than-life picture... coz it isnt so. Its a simple life, of a simple complicated person. *
We all see what u want us to see sweetheart-nothing more and nothing less!
So who Casa is, is known to those who know you. For other bloggers even if you reveal yourself, it'd be just attaching a face and a real name to a persona already known. So any plans of coming out?
Yeah, have fun!
Cheers!
bali!
sniff.....sniff....the temp. here in detroit is a high, 5 degrees C.
* more sniffles*
Have a great time in Bali, and do report on the eye candy there =D!
hey Casa,
came here through Apy's blog and like I usually do, I went through the archives too. We seem to have a high KQ. You've been writing about the same stuff I've been thinking about. Funny thing blogging is . Open lives but not too open, just what we choose to put out. Take care
man,Bali
and i dont like this song on the site...but man,Bali!
*sniffles with Megha* The temperature here is 10 degrees C - have lots of fun and sun in Bali =D
Congrats! your blog is now a year old:)
o Bali
enjoy
have a great trip
cheers
"anonymity is NOT the same as mystery" loved this :) !
u kno wat... lot many ppl do visit my blog then dont leave a cooment there instead drop me a mail abt it.. i like their way!!
this silent watching & appreciation is smthng tooo gud i feel..
Njoy Gal!!
have fun girl....
anonymity is NOT the same as mystery
Exactly!
This post I can totally relate to..
Hey I can totally identify with this post of urs...a few of my frds read my blog and I got to know that they read it and knew it was my blog...bt never commented or mentioned neth abt it to me...and HAVE GUN AT BALI!!!:-D
Ohh so true. A quick check on the stats reveal that. Guess it makes this whole blog thing more exciting. Discreet readers. ;)
Have fun in Bali.
ur blog refreshes me...at times like today.
thanks
cheers
Ekta,
That is very comforting :)
Jingu,
As you said, there's nothing much that will come by putting a name to this, so not planning to do that yet ;)
SS,
Did too :)
Punkster,
The sun and sea was good! The eye candy... mediocre. The beach babes were much better than the hunks :p
Bilbo,
Now, I must let you know I'm a BIG fan of LOTR, so that name really makes me smile :D
And yes, blogging has always made me think how similar we are, and how similar thoughts and confusions come to everyone. And we find comfort in those numbers, dont we?
Zii,
Really? I thought its a very soothing song.
Dee,
10 deg is better than sub-zero atleast ;)
Totti,
Still a few days left for that celebration ;)
Paheli,
It was great!
Chitra,
Yup, people tend to confuse the 2 at times.
Garima,
But if they drop you a mail, its not silent appreciation anymore, is it? ;)
Alice,
Yup, did that!
Camphor,
Glad you can.
DEG,
Yes its strange to know how many people actually read our blogs. Its even stranger to imagine how many more must be reading it...
Me,
I have actually not bothered with a complicated stats counter for that reason. If they choose to be anonymous and not make their presence felt, I think I'll like to leave it that way.
M,
Glad it does that! And hope you feel better if you were feeling low or tired :)
Hey there..I remembered in your early days of blogging you had put down a wishlist of travel.I was quite impressed cos I have one such list, and was happy to know that there are single independant girls like me out there.Now that I've gone back and checkd your targets..You have met the one with Bali..a month in advance.Atta Girl, is what I have to say to you..Awaiting all the details..
Yup, I missed out on Dubai. But planning Australia or NZ later this year. Fingers crossed :)
u have a way with words. very well expressed :)
RBT,
Thanks :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home