Monday, April 03, 2006

Snippets

"You look different."

More than 10 people, since yesterday. I'm wondering, is it appropriate to ask "Different-good or different-bad"? Is that called fishing for compliments? What is 'different'? A trying-hard-to-be-neutral statement?
Oh well.

Settling in. I do miss the weather and the apartment in HK, but as far as office and work goes, Singapore rocks. Also, free welcome-back lunches rock. Big time. Feel free to get jealous. Tee hee.

And for those of you who seem confused about my reference to 'home', here goes: Home is still in India, which I do visit atleast twice a year. But for the past 8 years, Singapore has been the abode. And when I went to HK to 6 months, I realised that Singapore was now second-home. And it did feel like a homecoming on saturday.

So all is well. You have been bored with mundane details. I have assured you that I plan to contiue blogging. And the world is at peace. Almost.

Regular programming shall resume in a couple of days.

23 Comments:

Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Welcome back!

(not that I live in S'pore :D)

Couple of days? Why's that? It that how long the festivities (inviting you back) are gonna last? ;)

5:02 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Ha ha! Me first! :D

Well, I'd JUST begun to key in the comment, and my senior walked up to me and I thought, "There goes my first-to-comment-chance!" :p

But I got back to my desk, and after posting the comment, I realised it was the first! :D

(darn! again, while keying this in, another senoir came to my desk... and this time round, READ what I was keying in :p Sooooo yembarrassing, I say! :p)

5:06 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Wait a minute!

When the page loaded, it said 32157 hits. After I commented (yeah, after I'd written BOTH the comments, I mean), I refreshed the page, and it said 32161 hits!

That either means 3 viewers didn't wanna comment... or are extremely slow readers... or Casa loves to hit 'F5' all the time ;)

5:11 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

Always assume different good unless otherwise mentioned. :)
Maybe HK weather was good for you.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are back at work already! Hope you did rest.

Looking different? Well, a Hong Kong and Singapore photo will be nice. Okay, okay. Maybe if you compare them and tell us. We will speculate.

Other stuff I am learning, but running I do know. Mail me at ghost_rbt at hotmail dot com when you have questions. Since you won't remember this insignificant detail, drop a comment on my blog, I will give it to you again.

Achcha, about the different look. Who is it? ;)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

:-)Well home is where the heart is!
and to me India will always be home..no matter how many years i spend in which other country!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

welcome back Casa...

enjoy the free lunches - man your office rocks :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Twice a year? This post is primarily meant to evoke tons of jealousy!! I read the ten commandments yesterday.Jealousy is a one way ticket to hell :p...see you there...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Hmm...A nomad you are! All the world's your home.

@totti - Is there anthing like a two-way ticket to hell? :-)

10:07 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

No comments about the comments? Hmmm... Casa's busy wolfing down all the food at the 'Welcome back' parties, eh? ;)

10:56 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Really different good or different bad.Very curious to know...:P

11:29 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

well, glad to know you will be blogging! ;)

can i make a song request, pretty please? yaara sili sili please???

hair is not shades of re and blonde and brown. :D

actually multicoloured flysplat.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

hey thats really tru...i mean wen some1 sez "u luk different" its really vague!!!...and have a blast with all the welcome back lunches!!!...envy u;-) (he he he)

2:02 AM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

Believe me, different is ALWAYS bad. Basically, you look so shocking, they can't decide how to break the news to you. I remember when I'd put on weight the first time I went back to India, everyone told me "haan, ab theek lag rahee ho" - which basically meant, if you get any fatter you'll roll to Delhi all the way from Australia.
(and as with your description of free going-away and welcome-home lunches and dinners, I'm not surprised)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those lunches. Must get... free lunches

8:47 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Moose,
"There goes my first-to-comment-chance!"
I can seriously NEVER understand the big deal about the first comment, especially when the blogger actually reads and replies to every comment...
PS: I am sure a lot of readers choose not to leave comments. I might have a relaxed workplace, but not *so* relaxed as to keep refreshing my blog :p

Karuna,
That's a pleasing, but unsafe assumption to make, no?

SS,
Yup yup, landed on saturday night, and back to work on monday morning. Caught up with friends on sunday. Well, will rest next weekend, ya?
Will give you a shout whenever I need help. Thanks :)
"Who is it?" -???

Anand,
Cant we have more than one home, though?

Big Man,
Oh, the office *so* rocks!

Totti,
Twice a year is much? How often do you go home? Oops, wasnt intending to make people envy me... but see you in hell anyway :)

Jingu,
Kind of. Right now if I was asked to relocate to some other place for another short stint, I would gladly go. Sometimes its fun being a nomad :)

Moose,
Give the girl some time to settle down, will ya?

EU,
I will assume different good. I will also be shameless and ask some of them and let you know :D

Bgfs,
Of course you can make song requests. Will try and put that one today.
"multicolored flyspat" - LOL.

DEG,
Why do people like being vague? Surely compliments dont have to be vague? Damn! So it means its different-bad :(

Cowlick,
Okay sweetheart, you've really reallllly made me feel guilty about those free meals now :(
Ouch, must go running now!

Anshul,
Yes yes, please take them. Ta-paw?

9:38 AM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

I cannot comment on how you look different but you definitely sound different...Lovely song... muaaah !!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Song was requested by Bgfs... so now I feel more like a request corner in a blog fair :p

2:31 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

You don't win silver, you lose gold :p

That's the difference between the first and whoever's next ;)

Actually, makes no difference to me if I'm the first or not... I'm just trying to blend in, so people in the blogosphere also don't call me 'weird' ;)

MAN the darned captcha is difficult to decipher!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

No no, dont try to blend in. I really dont like this 'I'm-first' thingy. Find it extremely silly if you ask me ;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger twip said...

Different. when people accost you with 'youre different now' why cant they add to that and tell you how youve become different?
Its only fair innit'?

Some people. Bah.

5:08 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Extremely silly, eh? Hmmm... perhaps I'll make it a point not to be the first to comment :p (Like as though I know the instant you write a post! :p)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Megha,
Exactly! Why are they scared of giving either criticism or compliments?

Moose,
Hehe... no I dont mean commenting first is silly. Making a big deal about it however, is a tad kiddish no? :)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home