April Rain
Its going to be a happening month. The sister is about to have a baby. And I shall be a mausi. Have already informed the mom that the kid should call me by my first name and nothing else. I dont want to feel old by aunt-type references. The bro-in-law cant stop laughing at this suggestion. I dont know what he finds so funny. *ponders* I am off to Bali for a relaxing weekend by the beach over the easter break. Looking forward to soaking myself in rose water, lavender water, olive water and all other such waters which spas charge you exorbitant amounts for. But c'mon, you cant go to Bali and not go for a spa indulgence! But that is still a week away. Sigh. This sunday will be spent in the stadium watching Rugby Sevens and cheering for the team with the most eye candy. What? That's not a good enough reason to support a team? *rolling eyes* So if you happen to be present at the Singapore Sevens, and notice this well-dressed girl with her designer shades and manicured hands, looking totally out-of-place among the scruffy rugby fans, come say hi to me. In other news, my appetite has increased by leaps and bounds from the day I landed in Singapore. I keep feeling hungry inspite of having grand lunches and dinners. Must start gymming regularly. Cant afford to put on weight and not fit into all my new clothes. I know I sound like a calorie-conscious, weight-obsessed dumb blonde. I am not. But is there any point trying to prove otherwise? Bah. Believe what you want to. *dismissive wave of the hand* Talking of food, I'm supposed to have dinner with a friend at a middle-eastern restaurant which I've always thought of trying but never stepped into. Ever. However, paperwork needs to be done, permissions need to be sought and a whole lot of things shall happen before it materialises. Hmmm. Anyways, someone else liked the gift I got him. Or so he says. Some people are so difficult to please! Someone who read my blog told me I express myself well and I sound like I'm 'good at what I do'. I love compliments. Even if they are fake. *gulp* Well. The good news. The 20th of april is eagerly awaited. Wont rain money, but still... hehehehe *wink*


27 Comments:
Me first!!! And why paperwork and permissions to eat at a middle eastern restaurant?? :D Mausi huh? Congratulations and all that jazz!! :D
paperwork?? for dinner?? little lost here. and if you're given permission for your neice/nephew to call you by your first name, THEN I WANT YOUR FAMILY!
blonde, no agreed, dumb yes agreed :P
:D
Wishful,
Congratulations? No no, not yet. Will let you know once the baby has arrived :D
Paperwork... erm... well.. its a joke. I shall not say more ;)
Cowlick,
Hehe... let the paperwork part be. Not to be taken seriously ;)
And yes the sister has been convinced. Only my mom isnt buying it yet. Need to work on her.
Burf,
Shut up :p
Your food of a post (these days no post of yours is without food) is soaked in the gravy of happiness. I feel you are in a good mood.
back here after a long time ...and congrats mausi ;-)
Oh you have to have to try middle eastern food.Especially if you are a meat freak, like me.Quite worth the experience.
Jingu,
You make me feel like a glutton :(
In my defence, the previous post is devoid of food. And yes, in a sort of a good mood today.
Jagan,
NOBODY calls me mausi! Nevah!
EU,
I'm a chicken lover, but will give it a try for sure.
whats on 20th april??
Oh wait, congratulations are in order.Well I love it when my niece calls me Bua.It just takes another meaning.
And people actually fell for paper work..Oh what a gullible lot.Me likey.
Hmm..chicken..no lamb?Its really good.
Ayy carumba.. celebrations of every sort!
'April rain'? Another take on 'November rain', I think.
Axl and Slash (and the rest of em) will be mighty pleased :D
What's next? Welcome to the (city of) S'pore? ;)
So strange that just this morning I was thinking how i'm actually going to be an aunt (well kinda) in a few weeks and children are so little and easy to influence.... damnniitt... theyre gonu keep the little thing away from me!
*mumbles disgruntledly*
But in other news congratulations... lots of fun you are being having also.
Anon,
Pay day :D
EU,
Hehehe... the paperwork was a joke on someone looking for permission to join me for dinner ;)
And yes, lamb works for me too.
Jupiter,
Yup, bring out the wine, I say!
Moose,
Oh, this was an original title actually :)
Karuna,
Et tu? Well I dont get to see the niece or nephew till June, so lets see.
PS: Lotsa fun, actually :D
So, the kid will call you casa? :p
enjoy ur niece/nephew....babies are so much fun, especially when they are not yours, know what I mean?
This sunday will be spent in the stadium watching Rugby Sevens and cheering for the team with the most eye candy.
Hell yeah! It is SO a reason to cheer a team on!
Rugby + eye candy....hmm....
*conjures up interesting images in her mind*
tee...hee....
and gosh!
congrats on being a 'mausi'.....hurrah!
This merits a drink!
Totti,
As gullible as you are, I still dont think you'd believe that Casa is my real name ;)
Orchid,
Oh! My! Gawd! That's EXACTLY what I keep saying! Babies are fun as long as they are not mine!
Punkster,
Oh it is ;)
*starts conjuring up interesting images as well*
And nobody, NOBODY, shall call me 'mausi'!
Vikram,
Tomorrow, tomorrow.
heheh,
Hi casa mausi!:-)
Hey we just went to bali in Jan and was an AWESOME experience!..nice place..but dont miss going to ubud!..in fact u have to go there...and visit the UBUD market..u will be amazed at the amount of talent in that place!
Have fun!
Mossy.
Mossy.
Mossy.
Mossy.
Mossy.
:p
What? You said we can't call you 'mausi'!
*makes innocent-looking face*
:D
bali....wow....!!!have fun....get naked ...get some massages...aroma therapy....blah blah blah.....flirt with hot topless guys....enjoy...
and congrats...n guess what i m gona be a mausi too....
i call my khala (mausi) by her first name.
its cool!
Aah Bali! Its beautiful enjoy to your hearts content. And congrats on becoming an Aunt.
Anand,
Uff... now instead of the kid, EVERYONE else is calling me mausi :p
Will definitely check out Ubud.
Moose,
*makes angry-looking face*
:p
Alice,
Naked??? Erm, I guess I'll give that one a miss ;)
Oh yes, your sis is pregnant too. I remember you blogging about it. Cute, na?
Khizzy,
Okay, now I have one example to help my case.
Reader,
Will do :)
seems u're having a ball !!! good good...
"calorie-conscious, weight-obsessed dumb blonde"
can't say about the first 4 words but I agree totally with the last 2 :d :d
and talking abt compliments, yeah you r the best writer !!!
Oh shut up, you dumbo :p
No more new songs for you now :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home