Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just a few notes

Flying into the sunrise. Watching the orange sun soak us in its rays. Seeing the day start. Again.
I saw a time that I had seen before.

Nothing fancy, I just crossed the international date line ;)

Monday morning happened twice for me.
In different countries. 7 so far.
In different continents. 3 so far.
The mood remained the same though. Excited.

First question I asked myself on landing in San Francisco - Is this USA or China????
The number of chinese people you see here, starting from the airport itself, confirms my belief of their imminent world domination.

The first question I was asked on landing in San Francisco - Ma'am, are you here for business or pleasure?
My response - Hi, I'm here on holiday!
The immigration officer... oops, the Federal Inspection Agent I mean, wasnt very amused that I didnt pick one of the two choices offered to me. But I'm sorry... saying I'm here for pleasure sounds kind of corny to me!

34 Comments:

Blogger M said...

CASA DARLINGGG!!!!!

I hope you are having fun wherever you are..and have a blast yeahhh!!!

You can kill me for not putting up the blogtale later ok? :p

Have loads of fun babess!!!

=D

1:24 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

How is the 'pleasure' trip coming along ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
What is this?? No blogtale?????
:( :( :(

Rohan,
Been pampered like hell. More about it in the next post :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

I've always wanted to cross the international dateline man!!!! Sounds like youre having "pleasure" so far! lol! take care and have fun! cheers! :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

" saying I'm here for pleasure sounds kind of corny to me!"

We agree ;-)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

WIshfulthinker,
Yes it was a funny experience to truly gain time.

Jay,
Thanks ;)

Wry Moron,
Thanks.
And I think sunrises and sunsets are never corny. But stupid questions from Federal Inspection Agents sure are ;)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Packan said...

Hey

dont forget to try the Ghiradelli icecream in Frisco..it is just too good!!

Enjoy!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Hehe that line abt seeing something you saw before was just so English August!

Hope you have a very pleasurable trip babe! Hedonism rules! ;-)

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is fun to cross those lines. This christmas I am thinking of crossing the arctic circle :p, lol

P.S -just saved myself from brain hemorrhage trying to put in the 'letters as shown in the picture" for this comment. Blogging is tough, I admit; but commenting is getting tougher as well. :d

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how a hooker entering USA would answer that question! Business, or pleasure? Hmm..

./w

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Monday morning happened twice for me." - Monday morning twice??!!
On second thoughts, I guess, it is okay since you are travelling for 'pleasure' :D

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool.. frisco eh.. have loads of fun..
me craving for a break now

6:31 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

awesome.

Have a truck load of fun!

And snaps.. :-)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Brown Magic said...

san fran is adorable- enjoy.

yes must be very nice to federal inspection agent. i flew back into D.C. the last time - exhausted and a little hungover - first time using the new visa. he looks at it and says - what do you do here? i imagine asking about my employment.

I got nice and bitchy - "I LIVE here."

he did not like that.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

SAN FRANCISCO! Of all the places... Welcome to my home! Send her a kiss from me... Enjoy her. She is one amazing chick! In the meanwhile, I am making due in Spain... *Sigh*

11:32 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

I never really thought about it like that, travelling for pleasure heheheheh
Daymm now im going to be thinking that next tem i go through immigration!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Packan,
Thanks, but am not really a big fan of ice cream :)

Gee,
It is? It was actually inspired by by a line in 'The Jacket' :)

Green,
Oopsie. But word verification is a necessary evil :)

Wanderer,
Both?

Rita,
This thankfully, wasnt the proverbial monday morning :)

Sonu, Saurabh,
:)

Brown Magic,
I am sure he didnt :D

Bohemia,
I'm sure Spain must be fun!

Karuna,
Yup, be creative in your replies to the immigration officer :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger totti said...

You can do that end of the movie scene again.And she walked away into the sunset, into the sunset :p

3:53 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

its been awhile since I have been here. I love how i enter in your blog writing on the wall reminds me of Nizar Qabani an Arab Poet

11:15 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
I thought end of the movie scene should be 'they' walked away into the sunset and NOT 'she' walked away into the sunset :)

Iamnasra,
Shukr'an :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Gimme a holler if u swing by the east coast!

Hope u liking it in Uncle Sams land! And dont miss the drive down 101.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

hahahahah! definitely sounds weird saying i'm here for pleasure!!! :))

You have fun and an absolute great trip!

12:30 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

i feel green. of the fact that you're getting a holiday. but then again, atleast someone is!

you sound like you're having fun! And what was that you said about not being able to come online much? Gah. Nautanki!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Have a nice holiday full of pleasures ;-)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so having fun at the pleasure trip eh..lol..
take care casa

8:34 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Is this USA or China????
You asked this??
Hehehe...
Dont tell me :)

And enjoy your holidays in Fan Srancico lady!!

:)

12:02 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Have a wonderful holiday casa....

1:29 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Dateline...

On weekdays, u should travel west-east, so u lose a day....

On weekends u shld travel east-west, so u extend ur weekend by a day :))

7:16 AM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

crossing the international dateline sound so cool! have never done it though.. but monday morning twice over must just suck.. not when you're on a "pleasure trip" though ;p

8:07 AM  
Blogger Mriganayanii said...

hallo,
nice place you got here. ;)
cheers

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

The immigration officer sent me for another round of interview . I was double checked :-(( .Kinda felt bit awkward but i understand it is all for security reasons.

looks like u r pretty close to where i am .have fun :-) .

1:41 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

lol!! for pleasure..

3:24 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Apoo,
Yes driving down 101 was beautiful!

Blue Athena, Anthony, Godolphin, M,
Thanks :)

Bgfs,
Hehe... thodi nautanki to chalti hai na? ;)

Arz000n,
Asked myself, but yes I asked. California is so full of people of chinese origin!

Pointy,
Yes dreading my return leg... losing a day isnt a good thought :(

Cowlick,
Yup, this was a good monday morning, if one can call it that :D

Mrig,
Hmm... but you've been here before, havent you?

Jagan,
They did??? Okay, that would definitely piss me off!
I am now in Boston? Where are you? Silicon Valley I guess?

Optimist,
:)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

yup..mes in calif . will be in DC next , followed by a trip to NY and then seattle .hope to visit canada too ..not sure tho .

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home