Thursday, November 24, 2005

Just a thought

I unlock the door and step into the empty house. Its warm and cold at the same time. The mind starts asking questions... starts thinking...

Its good to have a housemate, isnt it? Dont you miss having someone to talk to? To bitch about work? To show off your latest shopping to? Its strange when you get along so well with someone when some people didnt expect you to. Its strange when two people are so different, yet so alike. So, do we make better friends with people who are like us, or people unlike us? I doubt there's much logic out there...

TICK. TICK. TICK.

With a cotton ball and cleanser in my hand, I start wiping my face.

Its like removing a mask, isnt it? Everyday, we put on a mask... and then take it off. Wash it down... there goes my face, piece by piece, dissolved in water, flowing down the basin. Speaking of masks, dont we all wear one at times? What is 'poker faced'? Its another mask, isnt it? Some day you might remove the mask, and your actual face might be missing... scary...

TICK. TICK. TICK.

I shed the woolen covers in the comfort of my home. My bare arms dont feel cold, they feel good. They breathe.

Soaking in the sunshine, eh? Although its 8pm and the sun went below the horizon more than two hours ago... sometimes you can still soak in the sunshine. And sometimes, when you bare your soul, the sunshine seeps in and warms you inside, in a very strange way. "Warm on the inside, cool on the outside"... doesnt that sound like a cookie commercial? Or a cough syrup advertisement? Weird... very weird...

TICK. TICK. TICK.

I switch on the TV, and immediately mute it. Its too noisy at times.

S was right. TV is so unidirectional. So then? Is talking to yourself any better? Is thinking too much, any better? Is trying to dissect and analyse everything, any more useful? Dont you sometimes want to stop thinking? Dont you sometimes wish that your mind would go blank? That all thoughts would vanish? That there would be nothing? Nothing??? Do you???

BOOM!

The bubble bursts, it explodes... and then there is no thought left in my mind. Nothing. Zilch. Void.

But......... the thought, that, "there is no thought in my mind" is also a thought, isnt it? So is the mind ever empty?

*circular reference error. Program abandoned*


PS: Sometimes, I get carried away........ ;)

44 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this posts gives me many points to ponder on ...i must say

Loved the part on 'soaking in the sunshine'
Can totally relate to it

12:40 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

My mind is actually doing overtime...:)

Nice 'thoughtful' post Casa...

Keshi.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post! "Its strange when two people are so different, yet so alike" - know exactly what you mean.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

I like this post... it looks deceptively fragmented, but it's beautifully integrated.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Paheli,
Hmm... gives me many points to ponder over too ;)

Keshi,
Overtime can lead to burnout... slow down babe, slow down.

Rita,
:)

Sayesha,
Thanks, it was meant to be that way.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

i think u r one of the most outstanding blogwriters around. u understand what blogging is abt and take it to great heights. cheers!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

im gonna make a short film about the face off thing. its an awesome thought. someone wiping their face off with a cotton swab... i relate to this method of thinking

3:53 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

Its cold on the outside and warm on the inside without the masks, but cold overpowers the heat and we put them back on, its safer.
The mind is never empty.
Now i'm getting carried away.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Aristera,
Well, to each his own. But I like having people around... I love talking, you see :D

Shubhodeep,
Kind, too kind. Thanks ;)
*Casa struggles to keep her feet grounded*

Clint,
And I demand royalty from the film! Also, I'll write songs in the film, if any :D

Karuna,
Feel free to get carried away here... its liberating sometimes ;)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

lol
"there is no thought in my mind" is also a thought, isnt it? So is the mind ever empty?
damn it you just gave my mind a system crash

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy Shit!

(I can't believe I was busy all day and am only reading this now!)

4:30 PM  
Blogger burf said...

it was scary

good, it was just that u got carried away ;)

:D:D

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

i think u r spending too much of time with yourself ....more like talking to urself :-) ..:-)..btw , its a real nice post

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

OH CASA!

Great post gurl!

"Dont you sometimes want to stop thinking? Dont you sometimes wish that your mind would go blank?" - CASABLANCA

YEs i so do sometimes...:)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

UI,
*Casa high fives herself*
Mission accomplished!
Ctrl+Alt+Del :D

Jupiter,
And THAT is all I get, for this post??
Hmph!

Burf,
Hahahaha... glad to know I managed to scare you. This is what happens when you go digging for the wrong info :p

Jagan,
Too much time with myself? Yeah, I know... sigh. I need to go shopping!
(Now see, what you've done!)

Unveilings,
*Takes a bow*

4:50 PM  
Blogger M said...

I read this post, wrote a goddam LONG comment,was going to be the second person to comment and was about to post it, when i got carried away too....someone was distributing chocolates in the office!! :p

hehehe.. but great post babes..

And i too think a lot, just like you. And sometimes i jump into baseless conclusions because of constant thinking...and then i go on to think as to why the hell did i jump onto such conclusions.

Ah well, who can stop this brain from thinking SO SO SOO much.

Great post babe!! =)

5:01 PM  
Blogger M said...

And in that process of thinking i dint even realise that i said "Great post babe" twice!!

SIIIIIGHHHHHHHH!

Word verification- p(r)orn

geeeeeeezzz!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Remember this ad on indian TV quite long ago?
Zyaada khayegi, moti ho jayegi
HAHAHAHAHA!

But why is someone distributing chocolates in your office? Someone's getting married? One of your despo colleagues? ;)

Yes, and now you've said "Great post babe" thrice! Sighhhhhh

5:06 PM  
Blogger M said...

Eh, aisa koi tv show nahi tha! Kaun sa faaltu chaannel dekhti hai re?!?!

No yaar, someone just came back from Switzerland. Therefore the chocs...my despo colleague?? omg! Dont even get me started with him! :p

Why are you sighing if i said that thrice.. shouldnt you say a "thank you" or shout out an "I KNOW" ???
HEHE.. ;)

5:12 PM  
Blogger M said...

OMG! I made a blunder again. It was a tv ad and not a tv show!!!

Aaaarrgggghhhh! I AM JUST SO DOOMED!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sushmit,
I know ;)

Medha,
Now do you see what you've made me do? My 'I know' reply to the above comment makes no sense. You know!

And yes it was an ad, you might not remember.... you hardly seem to remember anything other than chocolates :p
Remember, you have to do that blog tale? Otherwise Mr.Control Freak... oops, I mean Mr.Rohan Kumar, will freak out ;)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Dont you miss having someone to talk to?
I like roomies when they are new....for like initial 10 days...Afta that they give me headaches...so I just ignore them by plugging ma headphones and working on lappy afta office

Am I mean kinda dude??

The bubble bursts, it explodes... and then there is no thought left in my mind. Nothing. Zilch. Void.
It happens to me at times too...
A lot of thoughts run in ma mind and then suddenly...BOOM.
Silence....


PS: Its always nice to get carried away...you tend to come out with a nice posty :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, This is like the ten billionth time I'm entering this page. Wasn't loading fully man!
And I sent you an email and that bounced. Fate?

Pliss to kindly edjust, I yam very touched, no words is coming out.

=)

7:05 PM  
Blogger burf said...

dear madam, for ur kind info i wld like to tell that u can think abt digging when u have something even remotly resembling a shovel...

but hope floats ;)[ofcourse bouyancy depends on cas :p]

:D:D

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite captivating and perfectly capturing the modern world dysfunction...insightful...void like and scraping at the brim of existence to reach the core...:)

7:50 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Not carried away at all I would say. Nice way of bringing out the thoughts.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Arz000n,
Roomates... hmm, not a good idea. Eats into your privacy. But housemates are good. Right balance of privacy and company :)
PS: What is a 'posty'? :p

Jupiter,
Ah, its worth the trouble I'm sure ;)
Haha... I shall adjusht with that!

Burf,
You hope for too much ;)

Kay,
Wow... I like that comment. Could make a post for itself! Beautifully worded, I must say :)

.:A:.,
Shukr'an :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah ur rite.. everyone has their different ways of dealing his inner voice..
mine wakes up only in the night before going to sleep.. here

9:48 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

You might find the answer to your question here >>> http://qatardiary.blogspot.com/2005/09/blank.html

10:34 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sonu,
Haha... that conversation was quite funny :)

Conman,
I agree, blank is not possible.

11:26 PM  
Blogger totti said...

:)) ..awesome...*circular reference error*!!! i always suspected you roam around with a notebook in your hand writing down these things...

11:58 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

hmmm..

Well the post did make me kinda nod with you on numerous points. I relate to getting along with different people a lot because all my good & close friends are poles apart from me.

Having a roomie sure hels a lot. Coming back to an empty room... did that for 8 months and it drove me up the wall. Never again!

I would think the mind would be empty in a state of shock. Imagine something so shocking that it leaves you with absolutely nothing to say and think. All you are doing is trying to absorb the gravity of the situation.

My twisted 2 cents.... :-)

1:06 AM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Heheh I believe they call that the stream of consciousness ;-)

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the post. I do not feel you got 'carried away' either :-) It was Real!

I think...for two people to get along and like each other, they must have a certain resonance between each other....something, that makes them start with a certain "understanding" of each other....even though their outer personalities might be quite different. Oh, it's hard to explain! Hahaa :-)

There are times with me when I might be blankly looking at something or staring into space, with absolutely zero thoughts in my mind....
And if somebody asked, "What are you thinking?" and I'd say "Nothing", I'd ofcourse be meaning it!! (even though there are chances they might not believe it :-)

4:06 AM  
Blogger totti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

I wish I could slow down but it's like my mind is on a marathon..lol...thanks anyways :)

Keshi.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

that there is no thought in my mind is an awareness, not a thought... unless it is.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
No, I DONT walk around with a notebook in my hand :p
I just work a lot on Excel. Circular reference... haha, geeky joke eh ;)
And why did you delete your second comment??

Saurabh,
Dont like having a roommate, but housemates are good! And touchwood, but never been in such a state of shock that it totally blanks me out.

Gee,
stream of consciousness...
I like that expression :)

Harshi,
I think I know what you mean... but then the resonance level is something which differs from person to person. Can hardly be described, can it?

Keshi,
Marathon runners also need rest ;)

Anshul,
"Awareness"... hmmm, I guess we've had many conversations about that, but will need one again. Still dont quite get the idea ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Posty = sweet term for "posts"

Like sweets and sweety,
tweet and tweety,
hon and honey

;)

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, hard to describe Casa :-)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

I think I startled a colleague yesterday when your blog song started playing. :P

Now I remember to mute my speakers before I visit your blog! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Thought of the song Brilliant Disguise by Bruce Springsteen when I was reading about the face behind the mask.

Take a listen ... its got a brilliant twist to it.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Virdi said...

pani pani re...
khaare pani re...


bus yaar... bus... too much senti you are making me...

ok now teach me how can I put this songs wala link to my blog... quick... can't wait to put James "Virdi" Hetfield's songs on my blog...

my word check: pauaumro its like Aao Ek Pau Maro... :-) Pau as in Pau Bhaaji... Wakaw!!!

oh also nice post and all that... ;-)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Arz000n,
Thanks for that commenty :D

Sayesha,
Well, trust me, your colleague wasnt the first to get startled ;)

Saurabh,
Will try to lay my hands on that song.

Virdi,
Arre wah, all songs make you senti! What can I do? :p
IT Help: Find the song you want on some website, and then google for html code for 'embed' music. Direct source to the song's link... and bingo!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home